Screenshots

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Screenshots

Post by EvilGrins »

Finally making the Deathmatch version. Or I should say versions as I've currently got 5 templates with varying differences.

My "skybox guy" is currently working another project, so I took a slight stab with texture swapping. Doesn't look too bad.
Attachments
Shot0006.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Post by darkbarrage99 »

I decided to give a well deserved facelift to CTF-Rune by Peter 'Rahnem' Respondek for my own personal use. it's a 23 year old map, but I'm not too sure about sharing as I did not create the map.

I really like the design of this small ctf map but it looked a bit underwhelming, so I spruced it up with some textures, lighting, as well as some new bsp and pickup arrangements and my own bright weapon textures. I also added in a shock rifle.

I also added sound triggers to the heal pods in the upper levels of the bases.

EDIT: I'm reaching out to the author via the email he left in the readme, however I don't expect he will be responding considering it's been over 20 years lol.

original map can be found here: https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 7a077.html
rune1.jpg
rune2.jpg
rune3.jpg
rune4.jpg
rune5.jpg
rune6.jpg
rune7.jpg
rune8.jpg
rune9.jpg
rune10.jpg
Last edited by darkbarrage99 on Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

darkbarrage99 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:30 pm I decided to give a well deserved facelift to CTF-Rune by Peter 'Rahnem' Respondek for my own personal use. it's a 23 year old map, but I'm not too sure about sharing as I did not create the map.
Not creating a map doesn't seem to put many people off from sharing an edited version these days :P

If you do want to share it, see if you can contact the original author via the email address in the readme and if you get no reply after a reasonable period of time, post it here.

Certainly looks interesting - particularly like your pickups and weapon textures.

Can't say I am familiar with the map - I do have it but haven't played it - I wonder if the name suggests an influence from Rune or from the Rune textures that are around, though it doesn't look it from the screenshots?
fudgonaut
Adept
Personal rank: Easy Target

Post by fudgonaut »

darkbarrage99 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:30 pm I decided to give a well deserved facelift to CTF-Rune by Peter 'Rahnem' Respondek for my own personal use.
Nice! Love what you did with the color-coded weapon pickup pads
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Post by darkbarrage99 »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:42 pm
darkbarrage99 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:30 pm I decided to give a well deserved facelift to CTF-Rune by Peter 'Rahnem' Respondek for my own personal use. it's a 23 year old map, but I'm not too sure about sharing as I did not create the map.
Not creating a map doesn't seem to put many people off from sharing an edited version these days :P

If you do want to share it, see if you can contact the original author via the email address in the readme and if you get no reply after a reasonable period of time, post it here.

Certainly looks interesting - particularly like your pickups and weapon textures.

Can't say I am familiar with the map - I do have it but haven't played it - I wonder if the name suggests an influence from Rune or from the Rune textures that are around, though it doesn't look it from the screenshots?
yeah I don't want to be that guy, but I'll see what I can do. And no, the map has nothing to do with the game rune, all the textures used are from default ut packages.
fudgonaut wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:45 pm
darkbarrage99 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:30 pm I decided to give a well deserved facelift to CTF-Rune by Peter 'Rahnem' Respondek for my own personal use.
Nice! Love what you did with the color-coded weapon pickup pads
Thanks!

If you want to check out the pickup textures, I shared a wip ctf conversion of dm-malevolence a few months ago. I need to upload the updated version, but you can check out version 1 here: viewtopic.php?t=15612   
Auto merged new post submitted 2 hours 54 minutes later
I tried shooting peter an email and it ended up being a dead email address. However after some googling, I came to find that this is the same Peter Respondek who is responsible for creating DM-Corugation and AS-Glacier for UT2004! :lol:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

So both of my UnrealEd are kaput, and it turns out whatever my Anti-Virus software eliminated was key to a bunch of other things on my system; which is why any screenshots I take from this day forward will no longer have that sharpness quality... and the File Search Function on my computer no longer works.

But as to maps, while I can no longer edit anything the fact is I edited multiple maps at the same time and I've plenty that are done (or mostly done) that I can still share for uploads...
...and will be doing so in the near future.

Just a heads up.

Plus, there's one map in particular I was setting up for XV that needs someone else to finish. Nelsona already pathed it, everything is done except at the time I was setting it up I hadn't realized the XV-copters couldn't carry flags... but the way it's situated makes any vehicle swap tricky.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

From an old edit of 1 of Frag'n'Brag's maps, as he didn't have any Borg skins.
Attachments
Shot0072.png
Shot0070.png
Shot0068.png
mikaeolke
Average
Personal rank: new

Post by mikaeolke »

Deep editing of DOM-NRMC-Cathode map,
conversion to 1-on-1-DM map.

EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

You ever setup a situation and almost immediately regretted it?
Attachments
Shot0172.png
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

As I can no longer edit maps, currently reviewing what I've got to see what's ready to go.   
Attachments
Shot0008.png
Berserker
Experienced

Post by Berserker »

Recent commission I did for dopepugs (DM-Deck-XP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Visit us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/fcRakgNCjR Image
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Berserker wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:58 pm Recent commission I did for dopepugs (DM-Deck-XP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
link to dl this map, please?
Berserker
Experienced

Post by Berserker »

darksonny wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:24 pm link to dl this map, please?
This map is made for the purpose of a trailer for an upcoming event on dopepugs, you can check the trailer here:

The official map version is on dopepugs, however to save filesize some of the corridors are removed. I will upload a version with the additional corridors behind the door, check the attachment below.
Attachments
DM-Deck-XP[full3].zip
(21.05 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
Last edited by Berserker on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Visit us on Discord:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I didn't get far into checking it out when it crashed.

Update: Tried it 3 more times, same result.

Am I imagining things or is the sound quality different?
Attachments
zzzzzClip0005.png
zzzzzClip0005.png (6.9 KiB) Viewed 44 times
Shot0000.png
Berserker
Experienced

Post by Berserker »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:28 pm I didn't get far into checking it out when it crashed.

Update: Tried it 3 more times, same result.

Am I imagining things or is the sound quality different?
I'm not sure why you're crashing. The map should be quite heavy so I'm not sure if it would work on older hardware. Are you using 469 patch?
Visit us on Discord: