This post has been compromised due to a security issue

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman
Personal rank: BANANAS

Re: CTF-BT-CastleRight

Post by --=PsyXandeR=-- »

Hello Good Mapper! ( :mrgreen: ) Your map is great, really ! I simply love that cool 2d Shape Ed made architecture - it looks simply awesome ! I like those small details as well, like that piddle of water, draining pipe. Looks simply amazing! Lighting is good as well - there's some variety in colors but it doesn't hurt my eyes at all. Perhaps lowering lights' radius would be a good idea. Awesome level, thanks for making it! :gj: :tu:

... now before you go " WTF" , I explain - in order to hear that from me ( and anyone else for that matter) , you should learn quite a lot about level design - architecture, lighting and those small gameplay aspects. Bot40's awesome guide for begginers will get you started right away. - http://members.fortunecity.com/bot40/Tu ... apetut.htm

Moved to mapping section
Anarchist
Novice

Post by Anarchist »

Shouldn't release this one, but use it to polish your mapping skills. If you have any questions about BT mapping, ask me or I could connect you with other BT mappers.

Aside from that, I'm happy to see more people willing to experiment with BT mapping, we need some more good mappers and high quality BT maps don't go unnoticed. Keep working!
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Anarchist wrote:Shouldn't release this one, but use it to polish your mapping skills. If you have any questions about BT mapping, ask me or I could connect you with other BT mappers.

Aside from that, I'm happy to see more people willing to experiment with BT mapping, we need some more good mappers and high quality BT maps don't go unnoticed. Keep working!
A mapping tutorial for Bunnytrack would be pretty useful, I am not sure but as far as I remember it existed a bunnytrack wikipedia entry, but anywise it was removed. I tried myself very often in the past with BT mapping, anywise very interesting, but problem is, I can not play any of those BT maps which I tried. I am a casual UT (DM) gamer, was really pretty hard with those special dodges and so, from the gameplay videos which I saw on youtube I mostly thought.. holy shit, how long do I have to train to play like those guys, well so I gave it up one day.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

*cough* its crap *cough*

sorry i have a bad cold :mrgreen:
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

bunnytrack ist not intended for bots, thats a human-only gametype.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Whitey
Average
Personal rank: Bunny Tracker

Post by Whitey »

Creavion wrote: I can not play any of those BT maps which I tried. I am a casual UT (DM) gamer, was really pretty hard with those special dodges and so, from the gameplay videos which I saw on youtube I mostly thought.. holy shit, how long do I have to train to play like those guys, well so I gave it up one day.
Took me about 2 months before i capped my first BT map. I was sort of drawn to it, was just so addicting because it was different to other game types. Took skill in navigating a map as quick as possible rather then skill in killing someone else.
But alot of the people you see on the youtube vids have been playing UT online well before the BT era, so they picked it up quicker.

anyway to the topic ... Fun sort of maps.
But there are so many with this simple level design and obtacles.

Yours has sort of salt n' pepper sort of look to it.
Try n get something unique to your map.

But one thing i detest in a BT map is obstacles that just float.... Imo make them fixed to a wall or floor or something.
Favourite-Weapons: Sniper & Shock Rifle
Favourite-Drink: coffee
Favourite-Games: UT-GOTY & VietCong
Favourite-Map: DM-Deck16][