Teaser Screenshots. WIP. CTF-[R3P]-W007-III. Almost complete.

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
R3plicant
Experienced

Teaser Screenshots. WIP. CTF-[R3P]-W007-III. Almost complete.

Post by R3plicant »

Ok, folks,

I was recently humbled by being asked if this map could be played on a server, which made me smile, so I agreed but also expressed a desire to work the map so I could get it to a point that was better than the 2018 AMC version map.
For the past 4-5 months or so, I have worked very hard getting this map looking and playing better.

A huge shout-out to Aspide, Sektor for your hard work and Hourences and Lode for your ideas/suggestions; thanks, I could not have done this revision without you. :tu: Props also to those in here in the forum who gave their ideas to help with the (in-game) dual monitor, double/quadruple mover lighting and texture headache (it's yet to be put right though, I have had no luck in making it work 100%).

The map has normal weapons but works best with Instagib. Ideal player count 14-16.

New textures, new sounds, new actors, new BSP, new lighting and new surprises too! ;)

I'll be releasing the map soon (this month, March 2023), however I don't quite know where, except I will hire a temporary server that will exclusively host this one map should you wish to play it to help you decide if you wish to keep the map for your own private single player use or upload to your own server/s. I'll supply the server IP address as and when that's ready.

I should warn you all though, the map requires you're updated to at least v469. Also, the map uses many textures and you'll also need the high-res (default UT) texture pack if you wish to play it or have the map on your game server/s. If it needed to be said, the map and my texture pack which accompanies it are both large so the bandwidth speeds of your redirects will need to be sufficient enough to send large files (.uz) quickly but I'd advise your server's regular players download the hi-res texture packs beforehand.

Disclaimer: Some general scenery in these teasers is subject to change until final release.

So, less of my wafflin', here, enjoy these teaser (cropped) screenshots of CTF-[R3P]-W007-III until the map is finally released.

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

Screenshot 3:

Screenshot 4:

Screenshot 5:

Screenshot 6:

Screenshot 7:

Screenshot 8:

Screenshot 9:

Screenshot 10:

Screenshot11:

Screenshot 12:

If you have a server and have already decided you want the map, just DM me and put in a request, I'll likely be more than happy to send it to you when it's released; all I ask in return is the server IP address so I can spectate to watch it being played. Fair? :)

R3p'.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Teaser Screenshots. WIP. CTF-[R3P]-W007-III. Almost complete.

Post by EvilGrins »

It's pretty, love the action screenshots.

I look forward to the download.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
R3plicant
Experienced

Re: Teaser Screenshots. WIP. CTF-[R3P]-W007-III. Almost complete.

Post by R3plicant »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:47 am It's pretty, love the action screenshots.

I look forward to the download.
Thank you! :tu: