WIP - SLV Map

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
[did]Madis
Adept
Personal rank: カニはとても美味しい

Re: WIP - SLV Map

Post by [did]Madis »

--=Aalexanderrr=-- wrote: In few words - SLV is all about controlling a rocket. Usually consumed with CTF or BR99. It is frantic, spammy and fun!
Here's a little better looking video. It's old but it's probably the best video to sum up SLV -
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Support Nuclear Races by visiting our ModDB profile
[did]Madis
Adept

Post by [did]Madis »

Slave wrote:Looks very fun Alex. I've downloaded (the RAW version of) it but, it comes without any maps...And I couldn't change the game mode to SLV on the practice section...I think this is a client-side version only with the required files to connect to the servers, right?
The latest SLV mutator version is SLV 2.04 found here - http://www.ut-slv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1219

You simply include the SLV204 or SLV204 Arena mutator (one only replaces the Redeemer, the other replaces all weapons) in the mutator list on any gametype. Make sure you don't conflict with any other weapon replacement mutators. It's played on stock and custom maps, therefore the bots really don't know how to fly the strangelove rocket. There used to be a system called SkyNet built into the SLV that would allow mappers to include special SLV pathnodes for bots, but AFAIK, no one never really tried it because the fun of SLV is playing it online.

A few servers -
IG Strangelove Arena - 130.89.163.70:7700 (located in NL, Europe)
sYstem Shatter's Strangelove Arena - 8.6.74.198:7777 (located in USA east coast)
There's also a designated server for beginners - 208.167.232.10:7777 (located in NY)

All the servers are connected trough Universal Unreal, so if you stumble upon an empty server, you can join another one with using the Say command !gothere *servername* (to go to the IG server which has 8/10 players you would use the say command and write !gothere ig)

Slave
Experienced

Post by Slave »

Oh, nice. I'll try tonight...I thought I've made something wrong. But I forget to see on the mutator list. Thanks. :)

--- edit ---

Maybe I start to make SLV maps too eh? :agree1:
Aces Clan - Unreal Tournament Clan Forums
http://www.portalaces.com/clan/
[did]Madis
Adept

Post by [did]Madis »

Why not? If you like the mutator, then new maps designed for SLV are always a welcome sight.
[did]Madis
Adept

Post by [did]Madis »

Brazilian players

Code: Select all

00:59  @SuB             • tripa seca
 00:59  @SuB             • terminator
 00:59  @SuB             • pk
 00:59  @SuB             • dinoei
 00:59  @SuB             • ole ole touro
 01:00  @SuB             • afe (synn's lover ;D)
Slave
Experienced

Post by Slave »

Eh, I don't know nobody from the list. Maybe all of them are smurfers. :roll:

But ok...Again, I'll try SLV tonight (right now) and come back to post some "results". :)
Aces Clan - Unreal Tournament Clan Forums
http://www.portalaces.com/clan/
RatBoy
Novice
Personal rank: Lost in translation

Post by RatBoy »

Love the textures on that map :O
[did]Madis
Adept

Post by [did]Madis »

The SLV mappack 2 is nearing completion (a matter of days now). Here's some screens from a map I made for it - Enigma. I tried to make it a feasible cross between normal weapons and SLV gameplay. When the pack's released, I'll create a refined version for normal weapons (with bot pathing and better inventory placement)

Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

What I quickly note is that the flag ramps on pic 1 do not have any trims.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
[did]Madis
Adept

Post by [did]Madis »

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether to trim the map or not, since it's SLV oriented (performance issues). It's already 6k nodes for a small map (that's pushing it for SLV), but I'll probs work on the details a bit for the non-slv version. Anyway, after this mappack, I'm done with SLV mapping for a while, focusing on normal weapons mapping. (gonna start working on the bonuspack map next week, creavion ;) )