Path noding problem please help :(

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
rohitggarg
Adept
Personal rank: The name is Bu||et

Path noding problem please help :(

Post by rohitggarg »

I was recently playing a map in monster hunt and just realized that it was impossible to be played SP. Then i came up with an idea of path noding it and started doing that.

I am basically stuck with two problems:

1. The elevator mover that i am using is more than 32 units high. People have to jump upwards to get on the elevator. I have tried all sorts of LiftCenter and LiftExit combination but was unable to make that idiotic bot jump on that lift :mad2: ..

2. I came across a trench in the map where i have to just freefall down and i land into water. Now if i make path nodes in air, they are not getting recognised and the connection between water zone path node and the path node in the upper part of the trench is not getting completed. I also tried putting simple Lift pathnodes and it got connected but again those idiotic bots don't want to go down :nonono:
Regards,
Rohit

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.............

My website : http://www.appointmentagent.com
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: Path noding problem please help :(

Post by Creavion »

Feralis BotBurger (=advanced super effective path nodes) can help you there. Just wait until he notes this thread.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman
Personal rank: BANANAS

Post by --=PsyXandeR=-- »

Unfortunately the bots don't work the way they are supposed to in MH. You just have to live with it, that's all. Even in such a basic map as Volkov bots refused to go any futher than a second spawn point even though the map was completely filled with path nodes. By the way - no one plays MH offline. WE have SP for that, you know? :tongue:
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

--=Aalexanderrr=-- wrote:Unfortunately the bots don't work the way they are supposed to in MH. You just have to live with it, that's all. Even in such a basic map as Volkov bots refused to go any futher than a second spawn point even though the map was completely filled with path nodes. By the way - no one plays MH offline. WE have SP for that, you know? :tongue:
Creavion wrote:Feralis BotBurger (=advanced super effective path nodes) can help you there. Just wait until he notes this thread.
!!!

Those Actors can nearly do anything!
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
rohitggarg
Adept

Post by rohitggarg »

I just play monster hunt at my workplace for time pa$$ coz the IT team there doesn't allow access to UDP outside world. As you might know all the servers run on UDP so theres another prob..

Ferali dude please have a look at this thread man.... can't wait any longer :P :help:
Regards,
Rohit

zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

--=Aalexanderrr=-- wrote:Unfortunately the bots don't work the way they are supposed to in MH. You just have to live with it, that's all. Even in such a basic map as Volkov bots refused to go any futher than a second spawn point even though the map was completely filled with path nodes. By the way - no one plays MH offline. WE have SP for that, you know? :tongue:
I do!

Actually, I have a problem: I have NEVER played online EVER because every server rejects me. I finally found one that gave me a handy disclaimer: Apparently they think I am cheating. Any advice? (Apart from Stop cheating, cuz I'm not)
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman

Creavion wrote: Those Actors can nearly do anything!
Yeah sure I won't argue. However, the problem here is not making the bots roam through the entire map freely but rather making them understand what things they have to do. All high-quality MH maps are not exactly linear (LC is an exception) as sometimes they tell player to go to specific place, push specific button and fight the monster that has just respawned behind the door you entered few seconds ago. I'd say this - to make 'em function properly you need something more complicated than a couple of burgers.
rohitggarg
Adept

Post by rohitggarg »

--=Aalexanderrr=-- wrote:push specific button and fight the monster that has just respawned behind the door you entered few seconds ago.
Have a look at MH-Canyon and you will be forced to change your mind :)
Regards,
Rohit

Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

--=Aalexanderrr=-- wrote:
Creavion wrote: Those Actors can nearly do anything!
Yeah sure I won't argue. However, the problem here is not making the bots roam through the entire map freely but rather making them understand what things they have to do. All high-quality MH maps are not exactly linear (LC is an exception) as sometimes they tell player to go to specific place, push specific button and fight the monster that has just respawned behind the door you entered few seconds ago. I'd say this - to make 'em function properly you need something more complicated than a couple of burgers.
Alex is right, one of the biggest issues with bots in MH is that they don't know where to go exactly and what to do there.

Although, like Creavion said, the BotBurguers are indeed of great help in this case. With them you can make them go push a button for example (I already did nalis fishing with just patrol points and buttons, so with BotBurguers placed near buttons and such should be even easier in this case), and also they can be used to indicate the right paths to bots, and even make them discover secret places, etc. So you won't the best bot support (since monsters keep ignoring bots and the other way around), but at least regarding the right paths and the right buttons to push, BotBurguers are indeed the way to go :wink:
rohitggarg
Adept

Post by rohitggarg »

I think i am understanding a little bit of this bot burgers thing....
Isn't it something like the favorites list topper for a bot, even more important than a shield belt for that bot..

I have found a way to pathnode monster hunt for those points that bots need to reach, there is something custom in the MH api which says MonsterWaypoints. Placing these in reverse order will ensure your bots go exactly that path but not without 3-4 more bots or you. The problems are architecture specific...
Regards,
Rohit

Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

rohitggarg wrote:I think i am understanding a little bit of this bot burgers thing....
Isn't it something like the favorites list topper for a bot, even more important than a shield belt for that bot..
Yes, is exactly like that, but at least in this case they are triggerable (so you can enable or disable them), timed (firstly to fix a bug about the whole system, but can come in handy to lead a bots to different paths on each time) and tweakable in desireability (it can set to anything lower than a vial and can be set to something unbelievable high (to make high scale desireability differences).
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

So did you get it? Buy your BotBurger still today and get a 20 % discount on all products!
About to be non-active
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman

So wait, is this actor shipped along with UT2039 pickup pack? If so, is there any chance to see a sort of stand-alone version since my Volkov map does not exactly like those cool pick ups. :/
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Better call it UTR, Alex. :tongue:

Yes it was included there. (used that actor heavily in Morbias 4 for the Redeemer ramps).

And yes, Ferali plans afaik a stand alone version of that actor, because it is so freaking useful also for other gametypes like Monsterhunt like already mentioned.
About to be non-active
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Creavion wrote: And yes, Ferali plans afaik a stand alone version of that actor, because it is so freaking useful also for other gametypes like Monsterhunt like already mentioned.
Yes, also expect it today (after all it just takes to compile the actor code alone, and done). :mrgreen: