Some odd bugs UE2 and ingame

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Some odd bugs UE2 and ingame

Post by papercoffee »

Ok I have reinstalled UT Goty on my machine.
I have build a sniper 1on1 Map. It is a bridge with crates (beta) an barrels.
For ammo I used the rifleshell and placed some in the map.
On the Start 4 rifleshells then here and there some.
All should act naturally, so I rotated some rifleshells and lay them down.

3 rifleshells turned bright and didnt show up ingame.
1 rifleshell on the playerstart turned bright too ... it was normal useable ingame but nonerasable in UE.
These bugs are fixed but I don't know how? the nonerasable rifleshell turned normal again after several restart of the editor.
the 3 other buggy pickups has been deleted.

Next bug... or something I didn't realize.
I never used crouch in UT (Yeah I am a berserker) but for the Snipermap I have to use it or I get hit.
So I realized I can't walk over the edge of a Brush or a barrel ... I am unable to walk over the edge if I am crouch.
And this in all maps.
What is this?
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Re: Some odd bugs UE2 and ingame

Post by Shadow »

While walking or crouching you can't walk over edges by standard, so this is a feature, not a bug :mrgreen:

Regarding the rounds: dunno, can't say anything to it if I haven't played or seen it. Sometimes UED acts strange rendering or placing stuff, that's it.
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman
Personal rank: BANANAS

Post by --=PsyXandeR=-- »

papercoffee wrote: Next bug... or something I didn't realize.
I never used crouch in UT (Yeah I am a berserker) but for the Snipermap I have to use it or I get hit.
So I realized I can't walk over the edge of a Brush or a barrel ... I am unable to walk over the edge if I am crouch.
And this in all maps.
What is this?
That's one of UT features - it won't let you fall over whenever you are walking or crouching. Fairly useful online.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Shadow wrote: Regarding the rounds: dunno, can't say anything to it if I haven't played or seen it. Sometimes UED acts strange rendering or placing stuff, that's it.
...live with that. Hm ...ok ... strange ED is strange.

But this crouch thingy: I played UT for almost 8 years ...and I never use this feature. Most I never realized it :loool: :ironic2: :ironic: :omfg:
Slave
Experienced

Post by Slave »

papercoffee wrote:
Shadow wrote: Regarding the rounds: dunno, can't say anything to it if I haven't played or seen it. Sometimes UED acts strange rendering or placing stuff, that's it.
...live with that. Hm ...ok ... strange ED is strange.

But this crouch thingy: I played UT for almost 8 years ...and I never use this feature. Most I never realized it :loool: :ironic2: :ironic: :omfg:
If you duplicated the sniper ammo, try adding it one by one manually. I used to duplicate playerstarts and noticed that the duplicated ones doesn't worked.
Aces Clan - Unreal Tournament Clan Forums
http://www.portalaces.com/clan/
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Slave wrote: If you duplicated the sniper ammo, try adding it one by one manually. I used to duplicate playerstarts and noticed that the duplicated ones doesn't worked.
The problem isn't duplication. You must rebuild the bot paths in order to make all the playerstarts to work properlly. In the case of ammo, if you say it was bright, it could be colliding outside of the world (although it should get destroyed if it get's completelly out, or adjust if its physics is PHYS_Falling). When rotating inventory or another actor with collision, be sure you adjust the collision values as well, otherwise bugs like that may happen eventually.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:In the case of ammo, if you say it was bright, it could be colliding outside of the world (although it should get destroyed if it get's completelly out, or adjust if its physics is PHYS_Falling). When rotating inventory or another actor with collision, be sure you adjust the collision values as well, otherwise bugs like that may happen eventually.
I have a slightly clue what you wanna say, but I don't know exactly what you mean...
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

papercoffee wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:In the case of ammo, if you say it was bright, it could be colliding outside of the world (although it should get destroyed if it get's completelly out, or adjust if its physics is PHYS_Falling). When rotating inventory or another actor with collision, be sure you adjust the collision values as well, otherwise bugs like that may happen eventually.
I have a slightly clue what you wanna say, but I don't know exactly what you mean...
Basically, everytime you rotate any actor with collision (like ammo for example), adjust its collision as well for the new rotation.

For instance, if you rotate a CTF flag 90º (pitch) you must adjust its collision, otherwise people are about to score (like me) and if they don't go for the center of the flag, they miss, although they shouldn't.

So basically, everytime you rotate an actor with collision, adjust its collision (adjust CollisionRadius and CollisionHeight, and to actually see the collision in the editor, turn "Actors > Radii View" on, in the viewport bar).
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

ok now I understand.... thank you .....phuuu didn't know this is important too.
Slave
Experienced

Post by Slave »

I've never noticed that rotating issue with actors... Nice advise, tho.
Aces Clan - Unreal Tournament Clan Forums
http://www.portalaces.com/clan/