UTed error

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EA_Elemental
Novice
Personal rank: Learning mapper?

Re: UTed error

Post by EA_Elemental »

Try changing ur editors graphic setup e.g. Software Rendering > Direct 3d, dunno if that might help ya out, you should be able to change it in Unreal Editor.ini
[TA]Xtremephill
Novice

Post by [TA]Xtremephill »

EA_Elemental wrote:Try changing ur editors graphic setup e.g. Software Rendering > Direct 3d, dunno if that might help ya out, you should be able to change it in Unreal Editor.ini
Have it set as direct 3d support as software rendering sucks lol
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

I see you have Aero, so you're using WIN 7 or Vista. Ued doesn't like Aero, and crashes a LOT... But I've never had it crash on startup... Try downloading 436 patch, Re-Patching UT, and then if that doesn't work try a full Re-install, maybe even an Uninstall-then-install... That's all I can suggest.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

zacman wrote:I see you have Aero, so you're using WIN 7 or Vista. Ued doesn't like Aero, and crashes a LOT... But I've never had it crash on startup... Try downloading 436 patch, Re-Patching UT, and then if that doesn't work try a full Re-install, maybe even an Uninstall-then-install... That's all I can suggest.
Now that you mention it, I have a laptop with Vista and Aero disabled. It never gave me problems in Ued, but it did give me lots of them when I developed a simple application in VB6. I disabled it and it never gave me problems again.
Try to deactivate Aero, that might at least help when you get Ued working.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Many developing tools dislike Aero or is it vice versa Aero dislike developing tools... :?:
[TA]Xtremephill
Novice

I had no idea what you meant by Aero so i google'd it and then went to disable it, and found that it's not even on there? lol It's set to Window's Vista Basic.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

[TA]Xtremephill wrote:I had no idea what you meant by Aero so i google'd it and then went to disable it, and found that it's not even on there? lol It's set to Window's Vista Basic.
Fact is, you must have something from Aero enabled since you have translucent windows there. I say this because I have a laptop with Vista, and the translucent part only gone away after I disabled Aero, and afaik it's Aero that makes the windows look like that (plus a lot of problems also went away after disabling and the performance is better as well).
[TA]Xtremephill
Novice

Feralidragon wrote:
[TA]Xtremephill wrote:I had no idea what you meant by Aero so i google'd it and then went to disable it, and found that it's not even on there? lol It's set to Window's Vista Basic.
Fact is, you must have something from Aero enabled since you have translucent windows there. I say this because I have a laptop with Vista, and the translucent part only gone away after I disabled Aero, and afaik it's Aero that makes the windows look like that (plus a lot of problems also went away after disabling and the performance is better as well).
I forgot i had gamebooster at game mode at the time i posted that so thats why it had Aero disabled, but now i've not got gamebooster on and changed it to vista basic and still get the same error :(
gopostal

Post by gopostal »

I think it just doesn't like you. Perhaps the universe is telling you "Don't map." :noidea
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

gopostal wrote:I think it just doesn't like you. Perhaps the universe is telling you "Don't map." :noidea
It's the damn goblin I tell you... Well, if you have a good pen drive, you can always try it elsewhere. I mean, copy the install to a pen drive and try it in another pc if you can, to see if you get the same exact error. We need to see if it's the game or the os/pc.
I have a install in my pen drive to work in my mods once the class gets boring and "uninformative", it just runs slower and I can't compile big things, but other than that it works flawlessly in any pc with the minimal drivers installed.
robin13
Experienced
Personal rank: NaliSlayer

Post by robin13 »

:roll: lol guys,the same error appears in unreal :roll: the answer is DEP.
1. Click Start
2. Select Control Panel
3. Select System
4. Click the Advanced tab
5. In the Performance region select Settings
6. Click the Data Execute tab in the dialog box that opens
7. Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services.
its a error wich also happens in unreal if u turn of DEP.
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
Napoleon Bonaparte
[TA]Xtremephill
Novice

Robin, i must say.. you are one hell of a genius :D :gj:

Got it to work :) Thank you soooo much :)
gopostal

Post by gopostal »

Well done!

(I still like the goblin idea better though...)
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

I would never remember that. Well done indeed. I would spend hours trying to make it to work and I would never reach that solution lol
[TA]Xtremephill
Novice

i must say i've done that before with another game i've played but didn't even think about it until you said. TY again