CTF-MetalCastle

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Filipe
Experienced
Personal rank: Death knight

CTF-MetalCastle

Post by Filipe »

My map Named Metal Castle. Small If you want more actions you bether play 3 vs 3

Downloadhttp://www.filefront.com/15922225/MetalCastle.zip

Feel free to comment
Attachments
Shot0000.jpg
Slave
Experienced

Re: CTF-MetalCastle

Post by Slave »

Downloading...I'll comment latter.

@edit: Overall, the map is ok. But I've got a lot of HOMs and fps issues. The map is really big, cause you've made all the building on a huge box, and you could make it easier, as the roofs of the castles aren't reachable. If you wish, I've taken screens of the bugs...I can send you those images to you correct the map.

Keep working. :)

@off: Filipe, are you Brazillian too?
Aces Clan - Unreal Tournament Clan Forums
http://www.portalaces.com/clan/
Darkness
Experienced

Post by Darkness »

I'll definitely check it out later.
rohitggarg
Adept
Personal rank: The name is Bu||et

Post by rohitggarg »

Okay.. Review time 8)

One thing that i couldn't miss was that there was nothing over those boxes you have placed all around the map. A sniper could have been the thing :D..

The map looks essentially two exactly same castles separated by a tunnel sort of a thing. You don't have a direct opening towards the tunnel which was the best part.. Some heavy action is packed in for sure.

Some bugs in castle top but not very prominent. Gud map i wud say.
Regards,
Rohit

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.............

My website : http://www.appointmentagent.com
Filipe
Experienced

Post by Filipe »

If you wish, I've taken screens of the bugs...I can send you those images to you correct the map.
Do it please :D
No,Im Portuguese
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Filipe wrote:
No,Im Portuguese
Another one! Cool :mrgreen: (és de onde? sou pt também :mrgreen: , só que de lisboa)
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

This feels like one of those mmorpg maps where you have huge areas for 1000 players. The map is really linear and it would be a pain in the ass when 20 players get funneled into that tunnel. I can see some rocket launcher spamfest at those small door openings. Oh ok, it's only 3vs3. So no real problem unless it actually gets on the explosive server. Overall it's one of those maps I wouldn't mind if it gets voted and played a couple of times.

But you win an special award for butchering the BSP tree. Srsly, 3 rows of spikes just for decoration?

I suggest you to keep putting a bit more work into this map. Fix all the bugs for a start and remove some of those spikes since it's really excessive.
Filipe
Experienced

Post by Filipe »

(és de onde? sou pt também , só que de lisboa)
Tomar na sei se conheces :mrgreen:
This feels like one of those mmorpg maps where you have huge areas for 1000 players. The map is really linear and it would be a pain in the ass when 20 players get funneled into that tunnel. I can see some rocket launcher spamfest at those small door openings. Oh ok, it's only 3vs3. So no real problem unless it actually gets on the explosive server. Overall it's one of those maps I wouldn't mind if it gets voted and played a couple of times.

But you win an special award for butchering the BSP tree. Srsly, 3 rows of spikes just for decoration?

I suggest you to keep putting a bit more work into this map. Fix all the bugs for a start and remove some of those spikes since it's really excessive.

i Dont know if i will continue doing it. :mad2: When i put any brush a bsp prob appears.
And about the 3 rows of spikes i like them.
Slave
Experienced

Post by Slave »

Feralidragon wrote:
Filipe wrote:
No,Im Portuguese
Another one! Cool :mrgreen: (és de onde? sou pt também :mrgreen: , só que de lisboa)
@off: Somos três! Exceto por eu ser brasileiro. :D
Aces Clan - Unreal Tournament Clan Forums
http://www.portalaces.com/clan/
LeviKOS
Average

Post by LeviKOS »

The map is a bit empty IMO even with those large boxes :|
Try using semi-solids to avoid bsp errors.
And where is the shock rifle? :(
Slave wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:
Filipe wrote:
No,Im Portuguese
@off: Somos três! Exceto por eu ser brasileiro. :D
Somos quatro! Também falo português e sou brasileiro :)
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Filipe wrote: Tomar na sei se conheces :mrgreen:
Conheço sim, estive lá durante uma semana há uns anos num campeonato profissional de electrónica :mrgreen: (fiquei em 2º, atrapalhei-me um bocado a montar uma coisa :\ )
LeviKOS wrote:
Slave wrote: @off: Somos três! Exceto por eu ser brasileiro. :D
Somos quatro! Também falo português e sou brasileiro :)
:mrgreen: :rock: :tu: