Collab Mapping #01 Phase 1/3

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Filipe
Experienced
Personal rank: Death knight

Re: Collab Mapping #01 Phase 1/3

Post by Filipe »

Thanks
Renegade
Adept
Personal rank: Vigilante

Post by Renegade »

GenMoKai wrote: Huh? what happend? i got stunned agian?! totaly not expected that nice stuff from you filipe... respect from me! :thuup:
Indeed it looks nice, but he just "borrowed" my style and used the same decoration, archi, and lighting as I. :P
No disrespect to Filipe, this is how we learn, but anyone can emulate someone elses style provided he has the right brush-handling skills.
True skill is creating your own theme and illustrating it through new means (through architecture, lighting, and FX)
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

Filipe, may I complain again? :P
The ceiling is just too plain. Add a few trims or copy those from the floor and it looks more interesting. The problem is that you look most of the time at the ceiling (without purpose) and when everything else looks great (like Renegades stuff) but the ceiling... I hope you know what I mean.
I thought your map was not finished when you explained your problem, that's why I didn't say anything before about that.
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

editor Dave wrote:Filipe, may I complain again? :P
The ceiling is just too plain.
OR!!!!! cave ceiling :P i can teach you how
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

editor Dave wrote:@papercoffee, or at all participants:
A mine shaft will lead to the part I'm mapping on. Shall I close the "replace me" section completely then?
schacht.jpg
What do you mean?
I have placed the vent shaft, so someone can connect to my first room... maybe You and GenMoKai can use this.
Renegade wrote:After looking at our map...
For me it was pure fun and I learned a lot in this project.... And specially now I know, I like grates. :mrgreen:
We should finish the build and work on the Game flow (or type).

Next time I make a map, it will be a spooky, nightmareish, basement boiler room map ....MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Renegade wrote:
GenMoKai wrote: Huh? what happend? i got stunned agian?! totaly not expected that nice stuff from you filipe... respect from me! :thuup:
Indeed it looks nice, but he just "borrowed" my style and used the same decoration, archi, and lighting as I. :P
No disrespect to Filipe, this is how we learn, but anyone can emulate someone elses style provided he has the right brush-handling skills.
True skill is creating your own theme and illustrating it through new means (through architecture, lighting, and FX)
Well unlike the last time I think, this time its ok to copy the mappers style?!^^ But he shouldn`t make a habit of it.

@paper: Well, I think most of us have/had fun with this project and the good thing about that is that we inspire each other.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman
Personal rank: BANANAS

Post by --=PsyXandeR=-- »

Filipe - Fix that damn ugly ceiling before I personally make a nice sausage out of you. Put some nice trims in there.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

--=Aalexanderrr=-- wrote:Filipe - Fix that damn ugly ceiling before I personally make a nice sausage out of you. Put some nice trims in there.
I like sausages. BTW Alex, any progress with your part, looking forward to see it. :tongue:
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman

You mean this? :tongue:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Alex ....this part looks like there will be something nasty to pick-up.... a redeeeemer maybe? :mrgreen:
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Great stuff guys :D

editor Dave :tu:
Filipe :tu:
Aalexanderrr :tu:

Hopefully I'm getting my section back tomorrow... I was like :wtf: when I got home and found out that I've copy pasted the wrong file.

We should concentrate on making a way up from Gen's epic lava cave back and making a way between Renegade Filipe Gen's tech section and Paper's vents Paper's hell Dave's temple and possibly Gen's epic lava cave.

As soon as we have these stable connection the map gets moved to phase 2, where we'll close up all existing replace me brushes and make corrections to the flow and architecture. Before moving to phase 2 there should be a pre-Alpha test... anyone willing to sacrifice their servers? (luluthefirst?)

Ok, so will this be a DOM map? OR what other gametype? (final decision this time)
I maybe the best is if we have 2 versions of the map. DM and DOM. There are some maps that have both DM and DOM versions and both work very well.
Gen doesn't approve DOM... I don't know the other mappers opinion.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

We could release it in 2 versions, DM and DOM. It would "just" requiere 2 different sets of placed pickups and weapons.
About to be non-active
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman

I am too old to care but I'd say that DOM won't work in this one. DOM maps are usually small and only take 30 secs to reach the next control point whereas this map is huge. I'd vote for regular DM.
Filipe
Experienced
Personal rank: Death knight

Post by Filipe »

The ceiling is just too plain. Add a few trims or copy those from the floor and it looks more interesting. The problem is that you look most of the time at the ceiling (without purpose) and when everything else looks great (like Renegades stuff) but the ceiling... I hope you know what I mean.
I thought your map was not finished when you explained your problem, that's why I didn't say anything before about that.
If you say so, i do so
Filipe - Fix that damn ugly ceiling before I personally make a nice sausage out of you. Put some nice trims in there.
WOW, now im scared :P
Renegade
Adept
Personal rank: Vigilante

Post by Renegade »

I say we trash it and start all over :P