AcidsEPIC UT Music Pack

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Acid.OMG
Adept
Personal rank: XFIRE: mmmmtoasty

AcidsEPIC UT Music Pack

Post by Acid.OMG »

AcidsEPIC Unreal Music ft. scores from *JAWS, *UT3 & *Death Race.
*I did not name this with a big ego

I thought that these scores would go good in some of the sick maps that people make, I know I myself am tired of the default Unreal music. So I put this together and I know that I am going to use this in some of my new maps. Hopefully some of the talents around here will as well.

30sec Preview files
http://www.filefront.com/16814117/Acids ... w_wavfiles

Track01 - FireSpike
Track02 - Epicmickey
Track03 - Deadline
Track04 - JAWS*
Track05 - Nemesis
Track06 - OutpostSuspense*
Track07 - FailedFate
Track08 - FuriousSky
Track09 - Breach
Track10 - Deathrace*

File Size is 30MB. I couldn't find a way to compress it more.

http://www.filefront.com/16813971/AcidsEPIC.zip
[/Awesome]
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Re: AcidsEPIC UT Music Pack

Post by Myth »

So you want to compress streamed music? Use ogg, or at least mp3. Best compression is offered by ogg. But simple mp3 is also good. If you want a bit more then use mp3 variable bit rate.

Anyways I think just about everyone is tired of the default Unreal music, so I suggest you to learn modplug and send us some *.umx es instead that arent over 9 megabytes and that loop properly.

Btw, if you provide me the sound clips I can easily mix it into umx compatible modules.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Myth wrote:... so I suggest you to learn modplug and send us some *.umx es instead that arent over 9 megabytes and that loop properly.

Btw, if you provide me the sound clips I can easily mix it into umx compatible modules.
I still hope that learning modplugin is not requiered anymore... soon. Yes, my hints start to get annoying I think?

Breach: Hmm is that some kind of intro for AS-Overlord`s music (Mission)? I dont know how to rate that so far. Sounds kinda strange, I hear a lot of explosions?
Deadline: First seconds are promising, but then I hear again those strange "explosions", at least I dont like it.
Epicmickey: Interesting and luckliky not again those strange explosions^^. Although I would connect that with a RPG dungeon music anywise.
FailedFate: This would make a great "finalboss" duel dm map music.. but I think I start to understand the problem I have noted before: I think, even without to load the samples into a music editing program. I would say you have set the volume to high.
Firespike: Everything until 0:22.. no.. please not. But then again, generic but solid music (dont know how to describe it)
FuriousSky: First I thought.. good one but then I thought I would hear something ouf of LOTR. Scrap that idea better with the voices at the end, it does not fit for game music at all (IMO).
JAWS: Best one so far, nothing to say. I just like it. Although it sounds like an old war movie^^
Nemesis: same problem as Furioussky, I would not know how to use that for a level.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Acid.OMG
Adept
Personal rank: XFIRE: mmmmtoasty

Post by Acid.OMG »

I can imagine feralidragon using some of those more epic ones that you can't see being used. I recoreded them using sound recorder. I thought it would compress it a bit rather than coverting an mp3. That is why the sound came out so high. But in unrealED it doesn't sound bad. And no breach is not from ut, that is just your average score. The only one from Unreal is OutpostSuspense

@Myth What do you mean loop properly? I know some of them cut off at the end but they were like that when they were still an mp3. I can send you the mp3 files if you want but it will be a large file.
[/Awesome]