- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:18 am
- Personal rank: Bunny Tracker
- Location: Australia
But I am enjoying making this map. And am hoping sometime in the next month or 2 to finish it. And then release it.
It's probably only 1/4 finished, lighting and rooms/architecture is not 100% finished. Most of what you are going to see is just ideas and rough lighting.
So I would like criticism, constructive or not I don't care. Tell me what to improve on or suggestions are very much welcome (one thing I struggle with is ideas)
So here is the Overview from UED
Here is beginning corridor.
Here is the first room with a crane that drops and you use it as a lift jump( need to be quick though)
Lift jump to higher platform
Room only roughly built and far from finished( would like some suggestions here)
Again this room only roughly built. And far from finished.
I will probably still add about 5-6 more rooms on this map.
Favourite-Games: UT-GOTY & VietCong
But here are a few things you could do about those visuals.
• The lighting is boring. UT has colored lights AND light-maps for a reason. Use them well.
• Some of those rooms look like a stretched cube whit some random pieces of geometry hanging from the walls/ceiling.
• Is that lava under the starting corridor? It looks like vegetable soup. How about boosting its colors and lights so that it looks more intense.
Not that these points really matter... what matters is that I hate those nearly impossible BT maps, but then again I'm not a very good BT player and I haven't finished many BT maps.
Good luck on finishing this map.