BETA: Dm-1on1-Alpha

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: BETA: Dm-1on1-Alpha

Post by papercoffee »

Hey what is the IP ...send it to me per PM please. :agree1:
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

There is one and a half hour until 20:00 CET.

I'm currently fixing the map...

Snot rifle?? You mean the bio rifle? Sorry, the map only has 3 weapons.
Myth
Inhuman

Post by Myth »

Beta is closed.

Thank you for participating.
Last edited by Myth on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Played it together with papercoffee and ad (?), and the map plays and feels really nice though.

The skybox this time isn't as good as I expected though (I must be honest). Although the textures used are really nice, as they are displayed good as well and have those dynamic light effects on it (Myth like indeed), it clearlly feels you're inside of a sphere or a kind of twisted space, it's just the shape of it. But this is just my opinion though.

The rest of the map feels really good regarding gameplay, the weapons well placed (lots of rocket launchers around, but weapons like the minigun and shock in narrow spaces near the containers), and is simple yet good looking. Really nice job there.

I also liked the count feature to get health, really good idea.

:gj: :tu:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

FnUCK ...forget to write something... sorry.

Ok ...The map is really sweet. I love how you can dodge between the layer of the map. Always a change to evade a fight or go round to attack from behind. For an open ranged 1on1 map really cool.
But ...I hate it to be disturbed by falling to death. If you are in an in-fight you wanna focus on your opponent and not all the time also on preventing dropping out. Maybe some kind of boundary here and there would be enhancing the game flow.
The countdown thingy is a nice gimmick.
Myth
Inhuman

Post by Myth »

If anyone is thinking WTF has happend, why didn't I upload this yet...

If found a few things that I want to change and I've still got to finish a lighting layer.

Incidentally I also don't have any time to map as I'm focusing on other projects.
ut99yoyoman
Novice

Post by ut99yoyoman »

I know this is a huge necro but would you happen to have a copy of this level without the deleted brushes? I'm trying to port this to UT2004/UT3 and I can't export the BSP/Brushes because it's simply deleted when I open the map in unreal editor.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Then do a research in how to "recover" geometry from a map with deleted brushes. In a good scenario you will earn a map with a single brush (or two if it comes to a separate SkyBox).
ut99yoyoman
Novice

Post by ut99yoyoman »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:16 pm Then do a research in how to "recover" geometry from a map with deleted brushes. In a good scenario you will earn a map with a single brush (or two if it comes to a separate SkyBox).
That's exactly what I might have to do, I was just hoping I could avoid the painstaking process :nonono:
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

ut99yoyoman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:35 pm
sektor2111 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:16 pm Then do a research in how to "recover" geometry from a map with deleted brushes. In a good scenario you will earn a map with a single brush (or two if it comes to a separate SkyBox).
That's exactly what I might have to do, I was just hoping I could avoid the painstaking process :nonono:
Intersect a large brush over the whole map. If exporting the map to t3d doesn't do anything.

People really have to stop deleting their brushes.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
ut99yoyoman
Novice

Post by ut99yoyoman »

SilverSound wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:24 pm
ut99yoyoman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:35 pm
Intersect a large brush over the whole map. If exporting the map to t3d doesn't do anything.

People really have to stop deleting their brushes.
It ended up working by doing that, deintersect then subtracting and rebuilding :rock: Just have to fix the quirky skybox.

I agree, I'm not sure the purpose of doing it unless you want to protect your map from people messing around