Maps THUNDERBOLT

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
THUNDERBOLT
Novice

Maps THUNDERBOLT

Post by THUNDERBOLT »

Hi community, Is my first time here :). I'm bringing some of my work
MH-HelmIsDeep
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QUGZHD30
Based in the Film LORD OF THE RING
Objetive: defend the castle
secrets areas, song original of the film
normal weapons + 1 special

MH-UNREALWORLD-2010
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DSFB2SR7
single player style (adventure)
6 worlds TO HUNT
2 SECRETS AREAS
Objetive: Kill the boss
normal and special weapons
nice songs

MH-MonstersOfTheCaribbean
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9WU0JG5I
Map Freestyle (You choose your path)
1 secret area
Normal weapons

MH-UnrealWorld-2
http://www.filefront.com/17506782/MH-UN ... timate.rar

Map single player style (adventure)
6 areas to hunt
normal weapons
3 secrets areas
nice songs

I hope like these

I have included the work of SHADOWMAN in MH-UnrealWolrd-2 Map
Last edited by THUNDERBOLT on Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: Maps THUNDERBOLT

Post by Creavion »

Rofl, "MH-MonstersOfTheCaribbean". Plant and Ship. Original area?^^
Original.jpg
Edit: Reminds of me that situation...
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=156&start=390

BTW: Not giving credits is not very nice. In my case .. well half acceptable, since I have ripped ut2004 stuff as well, but whats e.g with the 7 bullets system file in your others map archive? Hmm?

Well. Map: Rather cubic, but it looks better than your map with the 6 worlds. BTW: The palmtrees, specially the banana thingies. Look slightly stupid.. I mean, normally they are way smaller in RL, NOT that big. But anyway, your map has some nice ideas with the house or the volcano. Fortress/Castle on the other hand seems to be wrong in this kind of environment, maybe because of the gothic textures or rather most likely.
Furthermore you missed to check the skybox. Again: A size problem of the palm trees and the islands. In a skybox you have to build nearly everything smaller. Best example of how it should be done: DOM-WolfsBay or so (came with a bonuspack).
Also an other hint regarding the textures (for the next time): Choose ONE style, either colourful ut2004/farcry texturs or more serious ones (like Unreal, or Unreal 2), but do not try to mix them together, that sucks. Really.. a colourful sand texture and than a dark Unreal lowres rock texture, terrible. I know, its difficult, I also made it wrong some years ago. I also dont know how it can be teached at all. I figured it out by my own over time.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

I knew it look familiar !

testing HelmIsDeep for you soon
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
THUNDERBOLT
Novice

Post by THUNDERBOLT »

Hi Creavion , first of all know your job, you are a great mapper, I agree with you, I should thank your textures in the credits, sorry about that, perhaps this is because I do not mind using my Prefabs and my textures, but I respect your position.
If you want I can redo the map and put other textures, no problem.
Second: I have never asked for opinions on my maps, as I learned just no tutorials, no questions asked, just by touching buttons and icons I've created for other players to play them, put them up on this site to share. Mappers bother me much self-centered.
I'm much more simple, so I think I share with others and do not question other maps
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

No, its fine. If you do it the next time, its alright. The used textures were mostly edited Epic Games textures anyway. And at that time I did not have that much photoshop experience compared to today, where I can make own textures to some extend (based on photos). Dont worry you dont have to change your map because of that.
But some of the plants in the system file were made for me a long time ago (but they use UT2004 textures). So, next time make a real readme. You can check e.g. my one in the Antalius map. I am mostly particular about credits for two reasons.
1. I respect other modders work if I use it.
2. Mentioning the owner of 3rd party community stuff might help others modders as well in terms of "maybe he as something for me from which I could make use for my work". If possible I link to the original resource if it is available as download, e.g texture packs.

I mean I owe many guys a "thank you" (the snake and scorpion pawn: I got them from Turbo [Firestorm Unreal 1 SP Mod]) or the already mentioned additional plant modells. Its all about respect of other modders work. I think thats very important. Most people dont want to be asked anyway, as long they got credited for their work, its fine. The problem in your map is, others might not know about the used stuff in your map, since you did not mentioned where you got that all. On this way the right owner of e.g the new scripted pawns will never get credited. Like I said, if you do it the next time right, its fine. Just forget about this now.
(:

Besides: You have not made fully use of the included MHAntaliusU.u.
Next time mylevel it
"obj load myLevel MHAntaliusU.u package=MyLevel"
and place the actors. On this way your maps archive will be much smaller. I included it as seperate U file, because uploaded the map as unreal single player version as well.
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Kaal979
Banned
Personal rank: BANNED!

Post by Kaal979 »

If someone elses stuff is in use it is more than decent to include the original read file.
THUNDERBOLT
Novice

Post by THUNDERBOLT »

hello members, I apologize for the map UnrealWolrd 2,
Since I uploaded the map but not the files that it uses.
So here I leave a new link
http://www.filefront.com/17506782/MH-UN ... timate.rar

Greetings
Filipe
Experienced
Personal rank: Death knight

Post by Filipe »

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=156&start=390
looks like every time you find a situation like that you will post that "Reminds me of ...." :gj:

now about this topic your map of the lord of the rings is cool, I saw the movie recently and is similar
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Filipe wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=156&start=390
looks like every time you find a situation like that you will post that "Reminds me of ...." :gj:
Uhm yes every time, you act as like 1000 other mappers would do that. In that case I would be famous as like Hourences. Yes, good job, boy. :confused2:
Feel free to show me the other times where I said something like that.
Is surely my fault, if my style is more or less special and surely also my fault if somebody copies nearly an entire map from its style and maybe even the brushes. Its really interesting, that you feel pissed because I feeled so. :ironic2:
Thats not like with Hourences industrial maps where he released texturepackages which were common in the mapper community. Keep the difference in mind. Moreover, copying an other maps style 1:1 is just lame anyway. If you think to do something like that again it would be maybe smart if you would include some kind of information whose stuff you use or where you got it, just as a small hint. But around 90 % of the community I would say dont care for credits, thats sadly normal.

However, the situation here is/was WAY different.
About to be non-active
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

Looks great ,i will add them :tu:
http://unreal-mayhem.kicks-ass.net
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

It seams to be something wrong with the Caribbean-map only half of us could enter it ? Could it be the insekt.u or the MHAntaliusU.u that dont work with D3D8 ?
Read more here..
http://www.planetmonsterhunt.com/phpbb3 ... 230#p10230

Was a awesome looking map besides that even tho the files were a little big....Like 15 Mb just for the music...

well if you find a way to fix this i would be happy to put it back up....So dont let this get to you its good to see ppl still DO MH-maps :tu:
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Thats always the problem if I make terrain levels, since something like alpha is not supported (yet?) and heightmaps are also not known and p8 textures can not be compressed, yes mostly because of the textures. But I also used nearly the complete range of scripted pawns I knew for the jungle map. Actually none of my maps is somehow suitable for online playing, I am not anybody who builds only from stock stuff 2 MB maps or anything. My maps are always somehow .. different than the other ones, mostly visible in filesize. The first insekt pawn file was corrupted indeed and not working under d3d (ingame!!), I did not know this, since I play ingame with D3D9, the author however fixed that. You can get the file also here, good thing that mapraider uploaded the file as well to their site:
http://www.filefront.com/?filepath=/map ... insekt.zip
if the direct dl is not working get it from here
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5007
About to be non-active
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

I all so noted that MH-UnrealWorld-2 got an error on one of the portals "Destination on portal 15 not found"
MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Post by MEAT »

Yo THUNDERBOLT

Great looking MH maps but is there any love for those that play DM maps?
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Deathmatch here, deathmatch there... the world can be flooded with DM maps. It was the same with my Antalius... "whaa not a DM map".. seriously. Does anybody want to count all the DM maps for UT? MH is like CTF and BT a rather popular gametype, maybe it is just his favorite gametype.
About to be non-active