[DaV] MAP & MUTATORS DOWNLOAD

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
daviddu63

[DaV] MAP & MUTATORS DOWNLOAD

Post by daviddu63 »

Hello to all , i come post a link for my personal maps and mutators download.
== YOUR COMMENT AND SUGESTION ARE WELCOME ==
D'ont remake my files without my permission , file have a copyright and a licence "creative commons"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING : Download and Read a licence files.txt (Visible on all folder)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[DaV] DOWNLOAD :

- Taken link out - Feralidragon

[DaV] Contact :

- Taken email out - Feralidragon

Reasons explained in last post.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: [DaV] MAP & MUTATORS DOWNLOAD

Post by Creavion »

daviddu63 wrote:Hello to all , i come post a link for my personal maps and mutators download.
== YOUR COMMENT AND SUGESTION ARE WELCOME ==
D'ont remake my files without my permission , file have a copyright and a licence "creative commons"

WARNING : Download and Read a licence files.txt (Visible on all folder)

[DaV] DOWNLOAD :

- Taken link out - Feralidragon

[DaV] Contact :

- Taken email out - Feralidragon

Wohaa, wohaa, I think twice before I consider a download of your files, not because of your "warning vicious dog uhm licence" rather.. ever heared that you can promote your maps better with uhm ähm screenshots? Also kinda epic: what kind of map is that supposed to be? Description? No.. map! We dont want to make a guess what this could be. No, thats not the way you can promote anything. You want to make your work public. Besides One-Post user will be handled with caution. And now for gods sake give that a second try and do it right. Thank you very much! With something like that I am always very careful.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Agreed with crev,

They way i see all that text if yours... sounds like an horrible map for me... cause it has NO screenshots or a bit more info... its only about the copyrights and stuff then about the map
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

In the meantime I heared this archive is supposed to be a download collection of various stuff. But this does not make it any better. I am not willing to download anything without to know what it could be. List the included items with a short description and in case of maps, give us at least one screenshot per map (+ gametype). Generally you should tell us, what kind of gamers you want address with your.. work. Maybe my previous post was slightly sarcastic but if you take that with the copyright stuff that serious (btw: nothing wrong about that) than complete your job with the (full) information about your work as well.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Openned your ReadMe:
- ALL [DaV]© OR (DaV)© MAP & MUTATORS ARE MY PROPRIETY AND HAVE A COPYRIGHT (License CREATIVE COMMONS ©) ,
DONT REMAKE MAPS & MUTATORS WITHOUT MY AUTORISATION

- IF YOU WANT REBUILD ONE OF MY MAP OR MUTATORS, CONTACT ME BY MAIL OR MSN FOR GET RIGHT OR NOT :
if i accepte , a right writed on paper, and right creativeCommons was send to you.
For you info you dumb-dumb, you can't pull that kind of copyrights and licenses over your stuff. Epic is the ultimate owner of your stuff, and if someone comes with the same ideas as you and just do them from scratch in a new way or form, you can't just do "sh*t" about it, virtuallly or in court.

Plus, regarding your "mods", most of them are just edits from other people mods, nothing more, nothing else, and you're claiming ONLY as yours, and not also theirs or Epic's property. Regarding the maps, idk for sure, but from the names you also edited other people maps (the first person making a lego map with those lego textures was DavidM afaik).

In a last note, you have until Wednesday 12:00pm (GMT time) to explain the situation and correct your "copyright" stuff, specially since you didn't make all yourself either, otherwise I will ban you myself for property stealing, simply due that lame copyright of yours (you're claiming FULL ownership over stuff which isn't originally yours). (yes, I take this sort of stuff very seriouslly after a certain incident)

Have a good day
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

You should warn other communities too about this guy, if he do not react to your post Ferali.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

daviddu63 is now banned, and his links taken out since he didn't want to listen (and he had the opportunity to do so after I replied).

If anyone in the forum has any doubt regarding "why" this ban and so "quick", regardless the posts above basically showing the whole situation, PM me. I say this because there were certain people who didn't understand why this rushed ban of mine, and therefore I had to explain it since there are obviouslly very strong reasons to it.