Release x3 New maps!

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Re: Release x3 New maps!

Post by Myth »

Feralidragon wrote:I think it could take a bit more work: you could make an animated skybox texture where you could make some starts "blink" somehow and be brighter, and add some little asteroids as well.
Originally there were supposed to be some electric discharges in the nebula. I had the palette set up properly, I've set the light to loop the palette. It all worked and looked great in the editor, but I couldn't get it working in game, so I dropped it.

The skybox is only 2 layers, (okay, maybe the stars have an extra macro texture) it was developed so it would work well on an 8 year old pc. Also, there is a script that generates random big stars.

@Sergeant Todd: Frozenw00t was also made to rock online.
robin13
Experienced
Personal rank: NaliSlayer

Post by robin13 »

Myth wrote: DM-1on1-Alpha
Shot0213.jpg
Son of a ****,how the hell is this possible 0.o I made a map with 90% same layout as that one a while ago. But never released it,neither did it contain good lightning like yours. but the concept is like 90% same. :twisted: we share the same my friend,SoulMate :twisted:

Edit: hmm,image doesnt show up. (its the first image in the Openingspost, the one in space with the containers.)
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
Napoleon Bonaparte
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Post by >@tack!< »

could someone give me instructions on how to make such an aligned skybox sphere? id appreciate it