Released: CTF-XMC-SnowFaced and CTF-XMC-AlphaWOOT

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Re: Released: CTF-XMC-SnowFaced and CTF-XMC-AlphaWOOT

Post by FraGnBraG »

Myth gave me a heads-up @unreal playground about a problem with ctf SnowFaced running on a server:
...However there seems to be a bug that makes it impossible to it play online on a 440 server. :( :(
Thanks much Myth for the info, I finally got around to fixing the online bug. By process of elimination discovered the problem is the particle system I used. It causes the match to freeze after about 20-30 seconds. I removed the ps actors and the map works fine when I run it on goty 436 in HOST mode with 12 players/bots, but there's no snow falling in the map (oh well). The particle system is "ParticleSystem42" which originated in map DM-Deck40 by Bot40.

Now I suppose I should release an "SE" version for servers. Before I do that I would like to know (maybe a server admin knows) is there a particle system around that actually works on servers? or is there something special you do to get ParticleSystem42.u to work online?

Any advice is appreciated :)
And thans again Myth :tu:
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

good to know now I will download your map hehehe.... and you can't do anything against it ....muahahahahaha!!
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

Okay I'm done with the snow faced CTF maps at last ...

These are "SE" (Server Edition) versions of the two maps. Intended for anyone who might want to run them on a HOST (LAN) or Online server:

Yeah, I know I should have tested them on a HOST before I released them the first time instead of just EXPECTING them to work :loool:

oh well,

Download link for Normal Weapons version:
http://www.unrealplayground.com/forums/ ... le&id=7920

Download link for UTR XPickups "speedy" version:
http://www.unrealplayground.com/forums/ ... le&id=7921

Cheers
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***