ctf-1on1-GenericArenaMap

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
KingJosh
Skilled

ctf-1on1-GenericArenaMap

Post by KingJosh »

GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Re: ctf-1on1-GenericArenaMap

Post by GenMoKai »

Uhm... is this surely your map? Cause of medieval map thingy your skills looks very different then this one
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

GenMoKai wrote:Uhm... is this surely your map? Cause of medieval map thingy your skills looks very different then this one
+
mapraider map description wrote:This is my last map for UT99, so I decided to make it my best. It is a 1 vs 1 ctf arena map that mostly uses orange lighting. It is a linear combat based map. No bot paths, best used for online use. 12,000 polys in a small area, so if you have a old PC this might not be for you.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
robin13
Experienced
Personal rank: NaliSlayer

Post by robin13 »

Creavion wrote:
GenMoKai wrote:Uhm... is this surely your map? Cause of medieval map thingy your skills looks very different then this one
+
mapraider map description wrote:This is my last map for UT99, so I decided to make it my best. It is a 1 vs 1 ctf arena map that mostly uses orange lighting. It is a linear combat based map. No bot paths, best used for online use. 12,000 polys in a small area, so if you have a old PC this might not be for you.
Is this really your work,i find that really hard to believe.
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

robin13 wrote:
Creavion wrote:
+
Is this really your work,i find that really hard to believe.
Good thing you edited your post by yourself. This was at the last minute.
However you did write something from stealing. You know we dont tolerate map and mod stealing, since its an unwritten law under mappers and modders, this is disrespect against the original author in every way. Actually I have problems for myself to believe this is his work. This mass production is weird anyway, unmentionable the sudden "rising" of mapping skills within a short time (beginning: from this shopping mail map).
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I find it hard to believe as well, but by checking his video, it's also possible he pulled this map off, considering the easy construction of this kind of map (you just do 6 different prefabs, and use them everywhere in the map on top of eachothers, and mirror it to do a CTF, it doesn't have really complicated architecture, although it looks like it), so I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's finally a good job. :tu:

Even because the map is not "perfect", it has some architecture inconsistencies, but which he can say it's a way and his style, which would be also a valid argument.

However, keep in mind this is indeed very suspicious, and in case you did it indeed yourself, then good job and keep going, but if it's proved this map belongs to someone else and we have to hear from someone else's mouth, don't think you will be able to stay unpunished. So if you at least edited it from someone, please tell now and you will still look honorable.

In case you feel insulted, just think what you would think yourself a developer that didn't do anything even near "average" pulls up a quality map with all the concepts the mapper aparently didn't know.
KingJosh
Skilled

Post by KingJosh »

i just wasnt lazy when i made this map.....i m usually to lazy for vertex editing and 2d shape editor and coloring lights etc

i typically use a 8 or 16 based grid and use large scale object.....this time i used a 2 based grid and used smaller pillars for trim etc........

normally i just ad cubes this time i used the 2 shape editor more....and rotated more brushes.

btw lighting is nothing special, i just duplicated an orange light a bunch of times......all have same radius.

i can make good maps if i try, but normally dont try. i know how to use all the tools, i just normally dont use them cuase cubes takes less time than 2d shape editor, but i decided to stop being lazy and take time.

yes this map has architecture inconsistencies cause sometimes i used a 1 grid and sometimes a 2grid ....im surprised u even think this is good. i just added an uneeded amount of overkill trim in crowded hallways and than copy and pasted my hallways into ctf than add orange light and duplicated, than add random decos lol

ps the map is all made by me. except the textures, i used UT2004 textures and FraNBrags Textures... all brush work and the adding of random decos was my work.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, comparing this map with all the other ones you have shown, is actually pretty good, so everyone's suspects as you might understand.

Like in any free land, inocent until proof of otherwise, for now personally I am going to believe in you at 90%, and just say :gj:
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

KingJosh wrote:ps the map is all made by me. except the textures, i used UT2004 textures and FraNBrags Textures... all brush work and the adding of random decos was my work.
You know what the strangest thing is... The UnrealPlayground link said that You and MiniMe have made this map....well at least your both the author... you say you build the map on your own but only used the textures van UT2k4 and from FnB... It doesnt sounds very thrustfull yet to me... the map looks oke-ish... but still it smells fishy somehow :| correct me of im not
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
KingJosh
Skilled

Post by KingJosh »

aka is not another word for and........aka stands for also known as..

Now you know. MiniMe is my old name....minime=kingjosh..............aka is NOT another word for And....AkA stands for Also known as..............
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

KingJosh wrote:aka is not another word for and........aka stands for also known as..
Now you know. MiniMe is my old name....minime=kingjosh..............aka is NOT another word for And....AkA stands for Also known as..............
Sometimes my dyslexia fails... im sorry for that mistake... but using that kind of measuresments.... isnt that a bit to drastic? :roll: A bit childish though... but sorry for that misreading part
robin13
Experienced
Personal rank: NaliSlayer

Post by robin13 »

GenMoKai wrote:
KingJosh wrote:aka is not another word for and........aka stands for also known as..
Sometimes my dyslexia fails... im sorry for that mistake... but using that kind of measuresments.... isnt that a bit to drastic? :roll: A bit childish though... but sorry for that misreading part
Lol Powned. :what:

KingJosh,you think you can add bot paths? it isnt that hard to add that in this map.
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
Napoleon Bonaparte