[RELEASE] CTF-XMC-NorthernLights

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

[RELEASE] CTF-XMC-NorthernLights

Post by papercoffee »

northernLights.png
northernLights.png (58.39 KiB) Viewed 4797 times
Yeeeeeeeees finally My Map is finished!!!!!!
Many Thanks to ALL who helped me with this map
Especially FraGnBraG, GenMoKai and Creavion. All three are credited in the readme.txt (Gen... do you have a website?)
It is my first CTF map and it turned out really fun to play ...and this map is not ugly. (no real beauty but not ugly)
And I see during tests it is a real big map... Player count 10-12 or more.

It is 2:05 in the morning I am tired ...so I'll put some teasing screen shots tomorrow in this post. Sorry.

C&C are welcome ...good night.
Northern-Lights.zip
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 161 times
EDIT----------------------------------------------------------
A little Bug ...ok it's not really a Bug but some Texture failure... Inside the blue Base over the Flag is the Texture (after FNB's fixes) misaligned ...I didn't notice it.
So if you like you can download the texture-fixed version or stay with the older version... game play is the same.
Northern-Lights_upd.zip
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 152 times
And finally some screen shots:
northernLights02.png
northernLights01.png
Last edited by papercoffee on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ac3aq
Novice
Personal rank: contemplator

Re: [RELEASE] CTF-XMC-NorthernLights

Post by ac3aq »

it's asking for 'Xmasstreess'. can you add it to the package please? or where can i get it?
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Sorry ...it's fixed!
please download again. :)
ac3aq
Novice

Post by ac3aq »

man wrapped in paper :wtf:

nice job, thanks :tu:
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

It's for the Girls in your team you know ... (^__=)
What do you think about the map?
ac3aq
Novice

Post by ac3aq »

looks simple, but made qualitatively. really big and open for the battle map. with moregore mutator it was a lot of fun :) no explicit bugs; for example, i sank into construction at the sniper rifle area but only once. and i was surprised that i'm able to fly through that antenna outside the base. maybe it's worth to fix that?

also i thought: what if instead of them place there big teamcolored xmastrees? shieldbelt under it - what a present can be better? :)
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

too bad we have to wait for Christmas on the servers again ^^
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Metalfist wrote:too bad we have to wait for Christmas on the servers again ^^
I think its possible to have snow on EASTERN.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

papercoffee wrote:Especially FraGnBraG, GenMoKai and Creavion. All three are credited in the readme.txt (Gen... do you have a website?)
No problem m8 ;) And no... i dont have a site anymore... im just here on UT99 ;) easy as that... i try to give a comment after the weekends
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand? Image
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

papercoffee wrote:C&C are welcome ...good night.
No one?

To all who downloaded my map ...please comment so I know what I should avoid next time. :help:
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Well First impressions are very important of course. We have seen a lot of maps... some are just like.. awefull and didnt put time in this map... yours is different. As far as i know you, you had put time in this map even when your not fully experienced in mapping(Like Crev/Alex) :)

My first impression was.. Rocks/canyon! I always love those things. You choose for a Symmetrical map (wich is best for a CTF one)
I know when your gonna do rocks it can be very annoying, But i think you made a good thing here, it has Some nice but simple Z-axis stuff outside and inside. Align those texture can be messy for rocks, but i see you did a great job NOT using that "align wall" thingy
The inside was a bit to "simple" for my taste... Much grey stuff for the inside, I had choose to use some trims with a different kind of collor that WILL match
Lighting could also be done a bit better, the outside is okay for me, but the inside could have some small points of notice... You used some tubelights (wich is good) for lighting, but im some area's its a bit to bright, and doesnt have a logical place where the light came from, a bit from nowhere or something. But yes... i know lighting is annoying (I hate it as well) :tongue:

Back to your build!

Brushwork inside is cubic, simple said. But i really like that tube teleporter thingy :D and that round platform in the middle really cut the flattyness (if that is a work... or else i ment the flat floor)
Inside deco has some Xmass stuff. I like the pressents at the flag (without the tree... cause i know its mine) the Xmass textures... simple sheets, but i also dont know where to get good ones ;) so... its a good thing i guess

The outside part, Well, personally i like it very much! Z-axis, Canyon! Bridge! Attena's! All good for my taste, gives cover for annoying snipers, loads of space to walk. Intressting entance for a base, going underground while there is a platform on top. Normaly many people go "face" tower thingy. So thats a big plus!
The brigde, it hold the important/strong pickups... To get the good parts... dont get shot or shoot them first ;) good thing for balancing the gameplay a bit
Attenna part, Simple looking but cool :mrgreen:
Sniper tower thingy... like i said, looks cool, but it has some annoying things, to get the sniper, you must walk on those beams/or translocator. I wish i was there quicker to kick some butt. I like the teleport, but the first time was annoying, i entered it for the first time inside the base, walked forward, and fellt down (yeah im noob) it was a bit like breaking my legs the first time :P maybe should make a warning side there was an edge? But im used to it, is okay for me

Gameplay, is normal, not much special things with a "Wooow!" factor, but its a decent map wich i think people can enjoy playing it.

So... im short words!

Good job on this map! and continue making more maps! :tu:

OW and next time... dont be hasty... some people work you know? :loool: just wait... and you shall get rewarded...
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Thank you very much... And ok next time I will be more patient. :sleep: ....... :mrgreen:

EDIT------------------------------

Screen shots!!!
northernLights03.png
northernLights04.png
northernLights05.png
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

This map is great :gj: it could make a good sniper server or instagib.
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

papercoffee wrote:Thank you very much... And ok next time I will be more patient. :sleep: ....... :mrgreen:
Patience, young Jedi. How long has this game been around? This crowd can wait for a quality map :agree1:
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"