MH-DarkWhite

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Re: MH-DarkWhite

Post by FraGnBraG »

Thanks for the info and recommendations X8 :) I do have a lot of Derdak maps, but few of the MH titles - Hellfire I know I have... I'll go on a "MH-hunt" and see if I can round up some "reference maps" :tu:
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Fuzz_Ball
Experienced
Personal rank: Harmless

Post by Fuzz_Ball »

Great map, DeathoX8.
Thanks and congrats on a well balanced and challenging work.
One of my players sent it to me and it's been getting lots of play on my server, lately.
I especially like the rooms that are filled with what looks like hundreds of monsters of various flavors.
There are falling hazards, easy kills, lots of monsters in tight spaces and different paths to the action!

Perhaps, this is an unrelated problem, but after several weeks, I noticed this map causes players to disconnect.
I lost connection at least 5 times during one round of this map.
The map never crashes but players drop & reconnect often.
UCC logs don't show me any obvious problems other than a few "accessed none" errors.
I only noticed this on Dark White, but did a server shutdown/restart and haven't seen the problem return.

Is this the type of problem other players experienced on other servers?
I'll keep you informed if my problem persists.

Thanks again for an original and fun map! :rock: :thuup: :gj:
* * * Image * * *
DeathoX 8
Experienced

Post by DeathoX 8 »

Fuzz_Ball wrote:Great map, DeathoX8.
Thanks and congrats on a well balanced and challenging work.
One of my players sent it to me and it's been getting lots of play on my server, lately.
I especially like the rooms that are filled with what looks like hundreds of monsters of various flavors.
There are falling hazards, easy kills, lots of monsters in tight spaces and different paths to the action!

Perhaps, this is an unrelated problem, but after several weeks, I noticed this map causes players to disconnect.
I lost connection at least 5 times during one round of this map.
The map never crashes but players drop & reconnect often.
UCC logs don't show me any obvious problems other than a few "accessed none" errors.
I only noticed this on Dark White, but did a server shutdown/restart and haven't seen the problem return.

Is this the type of problem other players experienced on other servers?
I'll keep you informed if my problem persists.

Thanks again for an original and fun map! :rock: :thuup: :gj:
Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed it :)

This map does have some custom code (mainly for monsters) but most of it has already been used in some old maps of mine which gave no trouble online. I think that those connection problems might be caused by the number of pawns in the map (900 at once), they might be a bit overkill on the server.

Let me know if you experience these problems again, I'll make a new version where I'll replace some of those monsters with creature factories.