Problem with masking

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
corruption

Problem with masking

Post by corruption »

Hi there, I really hope that somebody can help me out with this little conundrum.

I have been asked to create a masked .utx file of my clans website logo. I have followed some information on here but can not for the life of me figure out how to get this logo masked whilst using Photoshop CS5. I basically have a .PSD with a logo and some text on it, I will upload the file for anyone who wants to take a look, and have converted it to Mode: indexed color, set the settings to:

Palette: Local (Selective)

Colors: 256

Forced: None

Transparency box ticked

Matte: None

Dither: None

I then save it as a .PCX because when ever I save it as a .BMP it doesn't import into my UED.

I read somewhere about having the background (which it has not got but could be added) colour as the first colour in my Pallet, and I am lost on how to do that part. I am probably going about this in the wrong way entirely, so any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Download Link to .PSD: [link removed]
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Problem with masking

Post by papercoffee »

It has something to do with the last colour what you use as mask ...Darn, I don't know it right now.
Maybe you can try to use Google for this question. sorry.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Download link to psd? Photoshop.exe ? What exactly are you trying to do here?
PSDyearhright.GIF
PSDyearhright.GIF (9.1 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
I allowed myself to remove the download link, since this looks very suspicious, specially because you are a 1 post user.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Post by >@tack!< »

Creavion wrote:Download link to psd? Photoshop.exe ? What exactly are you trying to do here?
PSDyearhright.GIF
I allowed myself to remove the download link, since this looks very suspicious, specially because you are a 1 post user.
named corruption :O