Help in botpathing for a normal CTF version of this SLV map.

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
AliveTillFragged
Average
Personal rank: Semi-Noob Mapper

Re: Help in botpathing for a normal CTF version of this SLV

Post by AliveTillFragged »

GEx wrote: @RA pellets: I always wondered why were they for. Soo... Why ARE they there? :lol2:
They'r bot attractants, so i think they are... :?
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

there are certain transitions between zones where your slv will crash against something invisible when you try to fly through it. So there is some trouble there.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

You know, I was concerned about that when I saw the way the warp zones were configured. Will the SLV pass through those when flying? I tried shooting a few deemers through and had mixed success.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Metalfist
Masterful

Post by Metalfist »

They get turned the other way around in the water/lava warpzonea. So if u fly through it and reach the portal,u need to turn ur slv 180 degrees to go the right direction.
AliveTillFragged
Average

Metalfist wrote:there are certain transitions between zones where your slv will crash against something invisible when you try to fly through it. So there is some trouble there.
JackGriffin wrote:You know, I was concerned about that when I saw the way the warp zones were configured. Will the SLV pass through those when flying? I tried shooting a few deemers through and had mixed success.
Metalfist wrote:They get turned the other way around in the water/lava warpzonea. So if u fly through it and reach the portal,u need to turn ur slv 180 degrees to go the right direction.
LISTEN (i shouted ths time), some of the upper floor portals dont have much empty space beyond them, so the SLV crashes. Im making them correct in my fixed edition. i noticed them many days ago when Alaric reported them to me.

The SLV needs least 256 UU space for WZPs. while some of the WZPs have that (the curved corridors) while some havent, (the upper passages) thus maybe @JackGriffin u got mixed success,, :( :( sorry.

And @Metal didi, the water and lava are NOT warpzones. They are nitro zones. For players to move up like as if they'r in lift. :)

But, the warpzones BELOW, i.e. in the Lower water-reservoir, ... yes, you do need to fly it and turn 180 degs and then thrust again :P it cant be helped thats the way its designed. Its fun too- the way it suddenly inverts itself :rock: :rock:

the water and lava lifts are NOT meant to be flown through. Seriously.
Metalfist
Masterful

Post by Metalfist »

sorry I mixed up the zones, it's indeed the water warpzones that turn u 180 degrees.

I already flew through the water/lava lifts, but the trick is to spot when it ends and goes over to the next one.
So just before 1 ends you need to jump off ur slv and teleport and then launch a new slv. That's how I do it to be even faster.
AliveTillFragged
Average

Metalfist wrote:sorry I mixed up the zones, it's indeed the water warpzones that turn u 180 degrees.

I already flew through the water/lava lifts, but the trick is to spot when it ends and goes over to the next one.
So just before 1 ends you need to jump off ur slv and teleport and then launch a new slv. That's how I do it to be even faster.
you know... it not meant to be like that :cry: you r meant to get the experience of zooming throuigh the lifts and get down smoothly and launch off :cry:
[did]Madis
Adept
Personal rank: カニはとても美味しい

Post by [did]Madis »

Wait. I thought we managed to fix the 'SLV's getting reversed' thing with the warp zones. Didn't they just need to be large enough for that glitch not to kick in?

EDIT: I'm a retard who didn't read the whole topic
Support Nuclear Races by visiting our ModDB profile
AliveTillFragged
Average

[did]Madis wrote: EDIT: I'm a retard who didn't read the whole topic
no ur not.

NEWAY, can anyone tell how to make bots jump from a mover to another mover??

EDIT:... i am staarting to think that it might not be possible to do so... will it??
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I know that it's a long time since the last post but I just want to ask if you still need help on this? Oh, and how's progress on this and the aztec DM-Liandri? :???:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

AliveTillFragged wrote:
[did]Madis wrote: EDIT: I'm a retard who didn't read the whole topic
no ur not.

NEWAY, can anyone tell how to make bots jump from a mover to another mover??

EDIT:... i am staarting to think that it might not be possible to do so... will it??
Can't this jump actor from any woot map help?
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Help in botpathing for a normal CTF version of this SLV map.

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump
Useless topic shown as "similar" post with Bot Pathing request thread.
I don't see anything here or what was about. You can delete this ancient junk topic at once with others heading nowhere and older than my grandma (who died 25+ years ago). That thing with similar posts must be some evil joke heading to nowhere.
So it's nothing like a similar post, here is a NULL content, no images, no links, nothing...
Metalfist
Masterful

Re: Help in botpathing for a normal CTF version of this SLV map.

Post by Metalfist »

Not necessary to necrobump this topic. It is a valid thread asking how to do botpathing.
The similair topics mod is just an algorithm, which tries to show similair topics based on keywords. If you have a problem with the forum then message the admins about it.
* lock *