Fun Map Contest

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Re: Fun Map Contest

Post by MEAT »

Ozma777 wrote:I still think that the contests should have a zip file with sounds and textures
Then all the participants would have the same textures and sounds...
BINGO...finally someone who knows how "fair" contests work.
Each contestant (map builder) gets the same amount of stuff...a theme is decided on...time line...the best map wins.
(After maps are built/played we throw up a poll...we decide...winner take all)
Personally I vote for large sniper type maps for obvious reasons.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

MEAT wrote:
Ozma777 wrote:I still think that the contests should have a zip file with sounds and textures
Then all the participants would have the same textures and sounds...
BINGO...finally someone who knows how "fair" contests work.
Thats I said first :confused2:
Everyone like the map contest starting? Start 1st of November, ending 1st of December
When I @ my home I open a new topic and I release the texture and sound package!
Theme suggestion: Christmas, snow
Gamestyle: Whatever gametype you want!!
Map size: 1MB

When finished everyone the map sending for me (ASLYE702@hotmail.hu) and I release every map
We decide who wins with vote :wink:
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Maybe start a fresh new topic so everyone can see everything clearly on the first post and show there progress shots? Just an idea
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
TARZANFROMJUNGLE
Novice

Post by TARZANFROMJUNGLE »

Here you say the gametype is free, however, on the fresh topic, it says DM.

1 MB as mapsize is really not that much.. =/ creating a Christmas atmosphere or feel requires some decent decoration..

I agree with you on the other stuff :)
I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem.
Ozma777
Average

Post by Ozma777 »

I think that would be cool, but I also think that a contest should have some parts of it that are alike to see what everyone can do with them. Like 3 or 4 popular texture packs + stock. Or all custom only no other peoples' textures except stock. Or Just stock. Or something like that.

When I did a song for a contest the people who set it made a bunch of beats and samples and said...here is the zip file...you can add your own stuff too but most of it must come from this pack. (specifically the voice parts must be the ones in the zip)

But whatever kind of map you want will definately get a lot more mappers into it.

Not sure about prize though...if there are many different types of maps it will be hard to choose the best map, as in there might be a really really good assault map and also a really really good ctf map. But then again (I probably won't win) so it would be fun for me to just be in the contest and make something for it.

Anyway it is..I'm in just let me know when it starts and ends and stuff.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4282&start=0

Maybe this thread should be locked now? I mean, the contest is now planed, why do we need this one?