MH map request!

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
lilly_ut
Novice

Re: MH map request!

Post by lilly_ut »

Echo in here? How many times do I have to say Ive learned my lesson. Yes I started wrong, yes I deserved what happened. Continuing pointing it out is useless and not needed.
When entering a room filled with darkness, evil and hypocrisy if you light a match, darkness flees instantly. But you cant do the opposite... Try lightning a match of darkness.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

lilly_ut wrote: Its just a sketch ;)
:shock: ...I thought a "sketch" would be more of a graphical nature.

Well, now can I see that your map project will be more a single-player campaign than a pure monsterhunt.
With custom monsters and weapons. And a detailed ambiance.

:| hm ... difficult ...I don't know many single-player mapper here around.
lilly_ut
Novice

Post by lilly_ut »

...I thought a "sketch" would be more of a graphical nature.
It also means a plan. Check the dictionary ;) And use your imagination to draw it ;)
On topic... Hand me over those mappes :) Ill take care of them :satan:
When entering a room filled with darkness, evil and hypocrisy if you light a match, darkness flees instantly. But you cant do the opposite... Try lightning a match of darkness.
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

This rather looks as if it has to be done by a team. Like... two mappers, a model artist, a scripter...
I'm in favor of SP mapping, but I have stated it indirectly already that I have my own project for which I rarely find the motivation to work on atm, anyway, sorry :|
Speaking of SP communities... maybe you could try your luck here or there, but both seem pretty inactive currently...
All the best luck in finding a volunteer/team! :)

P.S.: Most of us are not English native speakers either, including me, so please don't apologize for your perfectly understandable wordings :tongue:
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Do you know what exactly did I make for UT and some other games, and how much time and dedication it took me to do? No? Then why speaking such nonsense?
Once again, if you like chocolate with nuts, and others not, dont blame them for having a bad taste. By liking it or not, you dont do anything wrong. It is just a matter of taste. By asking for credits you dont do anything wrong either. As creator of content you have the "right" to do so. If you are ok to provide content with no credits in return, fine, your decision, however dont tell other persons to do the same.
A little example:
http://www.obsidiandawn.com/grungy-dirt ... mp-brushes
from the readme:
* You MAY use our resources within your own design, painting, etc and do whatever you like with it (provided that proper credit is given, as below).
And how do you see this now? Is the creator of this content a bad person in your mind, because he asks for credits in case his work gets used?
How did you get that I stole someone's work?
Where do you read this?
Also, what do you know about my 'Creative Commons' and communities I have worked with?
Although you can find different licenses most of them simply state, that you should credit the original author if you use their content. See that they had to invest their time to create the content, it is only fair if you (not meaning in person) should credit them, if you are interested to use their content, so others know who has done which content in somebodys work.
You know, things aren't always as you want them to be
Yep, stealing somebody works (just saying you are not meant in person) is just an opinion. What were I thinking? Do you know the difference of 'wrong or right' and taste? Do you?
Taste = I like chocolate of nuts/I don`t like chocolate of nuts. Nothing is right, nothing is wrong. It is a matter of taste.
Wrong or right = I just kill this person, just for the fun of it/I let him alive, although I don`t like him.
I guess you think of yourself as the greatest modder of UT ever.
I let other people decide about it. There is always room for improvement. The greatest ut modder does not exist anyway, since a lot of people have different skills. However I dare to say I am pretty skilled with tropical themed levels. Within the UnrealEngine 1 community you wont find many of them. But I always look for other peoples work to learn (in case they have something done something interesting) and to get better.
I see you like giving some funny examples.
And I see you are able to acknowledge them. I really appreciate that.
Now tell me, if your friend asked you to let him use your pen to draw a cat, would you let him only if he noted on whole drawing that he used your pen to draw it?
You have to work on your examples, since this is a very bad one. It does have little relation to this topic. I handle things with RL friends completly different as well.
But yet you feel so strong because you know your forum friends will protect you, no matter what you do.
In fact most of them keep silent. I dont expect them to mother me at all costs. No thanks. BTW: Getting support can also mean to share the same opinion.
If someone doesn't have same opinion as you do, that means they are not right? They are evil, stupid or what? Maybe aliens?
Look above and learn the difference between taste and 'wrong or right'.
It's time to grow up...
I admit, if I run out of arguments and I want to hurt somebody really bad by playing the badass I consider to say exactly this as well. But if you have some arguments there is no need to come with this.
I know some people don't have happy real lives so they want to change that on internet by being heroes
Either this or I am just not lazy with arguing. There are a lot of forums on the internet with people writing long, detailed and well arguing posts. This does not mean anything.
You can troll around forum with that "honorary member" tag or whatever
I am very sure I have been tagged by somebody else. Not possible to do this on your own.
I've dealt with children before and I know these discussions are endless.
Badass argument 2. Who is the adult and who is the kid?
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

Do you have some drawn sketches of the level (layout/impressions/how you want it) and the art-style/feel perhaps?
lilly_ut
Novice

Post by lilly_ut »

@ Metalfist
Hang on. Ill try and find time and explain it wider.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I have to say, no matter what the feelings on this subject/thread,
that of the many suggestions that have been put forward by new arrivals, it is one of the clearest laid out, and it is also clear that you know exactly what you want.
This is actually better than most, who's ideas are usually half-baked (mine included).

Stick with it, and if you are willing to put the effort in, so will others.
lilly_ut
Novice

Post by lilly_ut »

Please keep in mind that these are just examples. Still figuring out the city area... And make sure you use zoom in/zoom out functions of your browser to see the whole snapshots.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Am I correct in assuming your ideas are based on maps you've made in other games you wish to adapt to UT?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
lilly_ut
Novice

Post by lilly_ut »

EvilGrins wrote:Am I correct in assuming your ideas are based on maps you've made in other games you wish to adapt to UT?
Nope. I have no experience with mapping. These are shots of different games that have the look and the atmosphere.
This actually can be done by just one person considering if its not epic as I said.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

No doubt. I've seen stuff like what you've got up there in ut99.. just not all in a single map.

I'm thinking 3 different maps off the top of my head.
DM-MeatDance is one.

Other two are a DM remake of a James Bond map and an MH that takes place inside of a highschool; blanking on the file names.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
lilly_ut
Novice

Post by lilly_ut »

Okay...

Silent Hill basic descrion. This is a simple and doesnt need much of work.

An old looking town. Few wide and long streets. A crossroad maybe. As much fog as the UT engine can handle. Maybe rain. Some blood splatters here and there. Corpses lying on the streets. Some bushes and trees. Street signs. Some accessable houses containing secrets. Graveyard :satan:

Ill handle the textures and sounds. No music at all. Heres a few shots to get the idea.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Oh yes! Im thinking on a Silent Hill map.. I really loved the game...
But only one problem, I have to many idea for map making, so... Maybe once I try it :D

[youtube]OwFqShcxaQ0[/youtube]

YAY! :shock:
lilly_ut
Novice

Post by lilly_ut »

Thats my man! Silent Hill basicly twisted my view of life and other people so... If U want to get involved... Id like to get involved too. :highfive: :tu:

Just imagine... Siren sounds and the Pyramid Head spawns and chops you :rock: