DM-Ironfact UT99 by Mr.POT

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Mr.Pot
Novice
Personal rank: Meeeeeeeediiiic !

DM-Ironfact UT99 by Mr.POT

Post by Mr.Pot »

Well,

this is just my first map, the one who made me meet Hellkeeper because I needed education hahaha.

You'll find a bit of everything, first lift, first lava, first hole, first swiming pool, fire, teleport, secret room, pathnodes, grid etc.... and a lot of fun.

Its playable, different area. The moving "carpet" has been taken on DM conveyor because my old comp never let me do this.

I believe its an interesting map, you can even take some ideas out of it.

Play it for fun.

Mr.Pot

[cannot be uploaded, let me know by PM if you want to try it, of course, i'll be pleased to let you reach that map =)]
Attachments
Shot0013.jpg
Shot0012.jpg
Shot0011.jpg
Shot0010.jpg
Shot0009.jpg
Last edited by Mr.Pot on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: DM-Ironfact UT99 by Mr.POT

Post by EvilGrins »

...uhm... I don't see a download link or a screenshot.
WHY ARE YOU TEASING ME?!?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

You have been creating nice map topics, but having one without screenshots nor a download link isn't as nice.
You could upload it to hosting sites like mediafire (which I use as well and is very nice), and provide us the link. :)
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

No user or gamer beats a path to the developers or mappers's door these days any longer. If you don`t provide these basics (screenshots and download link), people just ignore your work.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Mr.Pot
Novice

Post by Mr.Pot »

Hey,

I'll do some screen shots tommorow. Actually I lost everything on my old computer :s . The map I have to compress before I upload.
As I said, running a company costs me lot of time, I'll find free time to satisfy those requirements dont worry.
I have left a picture only bud very bad quality.

Be there tomorow. Sorry for the waiting.

Mr.POT

EDIT: SCREENSHOTS =) unfortunately something went wrong with reinstalling UT, cuz I lost the bought version, pictures are darker, needs more brightness
Attachments
Shot0015.jpg
Shot0014.jpg
Last edited by Mr.Pot on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

All maps and mods you want storage for, can (and should) be hosted at www.ut-files.com

Also all users of the "My Opera" sites get 2GB of storage and a clean ad-free blog and gallery space.
I use it as my file and picture-host, as it is fast and not blocked by paranoid countries/governments.
The multi-language support is also excellent as they are not US or UK based.

The group site "Your Unreal" is also available for file distribution and picture hosting.
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament
As a member you can even have a page dedicated to your work, where you have editorial control over the page contents.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

@Mr.Pot , your maps are awesome mate .. and they shall remain on our servers for all to play/test

1 minor critique.. (soz) re: DM-Broz .. the jump boots to the AMP.. not really needed :) hamma be purfect for that.
and since the map being very small / tight like turbine .. I don;t think it needs them.. will report back on others at some stage. and Excellent stuff. that you are helping to keep game alive.. its pretty much a full time job.. doing this.
Mr.Pot
Novice

Post by Mr.Pot »

HI wises,

you're right with tho boots i remember that.. lets say its just to trap beginners haha, then if you want to jump you hit the roof everywhere lol.

I plan to do new maps, I still have old unfinished projects. Today I noticed that F9 doesnt work anymore to take screenshots, and also, trying a map through the editor only allow me to play one old map.. I dont know how to fix the problem so I'm currently downloading UT again (after buying it 2 times, its lost again), then I have to take all the packages back etc..

I do everything today.

I really wonder if I should finish my old project or start right away with new stuff. I just found a old 1vs1 map I made, with mirror etc, very small map good for dirty duel fights this one I will finish soon.

According to my old maps, I have to find small details to change, add some zone portals etc.. lot of work actually then I think about keeping them like that if you all dont mind. There are no big problems to be fixed and i'm afraid any modification would be a problem, it was not a "clean work" ^^.

Be there tonight with new screenshots for all maps

EDIT: MAP RELEASE:
Attachments
DM-Ironfact.zip
THE MAP
(719.27 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Played it, here's some ''useless'' rambles:
-I liked it a bit more than DM-L9, probably because it wasn't as tight and narrow as L9;
-Lighting could do some work, the light sources look too dark.
-I'll whack you with a newspaper for including an instagib in the map :mad2:! never put Super Shock Rifles in maps as they completely break gameplay! They're only good in a mutator. *whack!*
I know that you asked me to go easy on this map but I couldn't resist :tongue: sorry.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

GEx wrote: never put Super Shock Rifles in maps as they completely break gameplay! They're only good in a mutator. *whack!*
We have the super shock rifle in our xpickups (CMP2) pack, like the one in Operation Na Pali it needed super shock cores (= own ammo), however nobody used it at the end (not even me).

Although the bots wouldn`t have understood about its importance anyway.
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Creavion wrote:
GEx wrote: never put Super Shock Rifles in maps as they completely break gameplay! They're only good in a mutator. *whack!*
We have the super shock rifle in our xpickups (CMP2) pack, like the one in Operation Na Pali it needed super shock cores (= own ammo), however nobody used it at the end (not even me).
The Xpickup instagib at least had limited ammo (I think), which doesn't kill gameplay that much.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

GEx wrote:
Creavion wrote:
The Xpickup instagib at least had limited ammo (I think), which doesn't kill gameplay that much.
Yes, it has (like I said?): I imagined it as some kind of "BFG" for UT, but whatever. I wander from the subject.
About to be non-active