MH-EasterInWonderland

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: MH-EasterInWonderland

Post by papercoffee »

VatcilliZeitchef wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:That was a little more than just his head.
Well, He also wasn't positioned right, I put a nali warcow in it's stead and the results are quite a bit different.
Fine ...the preparations for the BBQ are ready. I bring the pasta salad.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

What you should do is make a quick check of the mesh being gibbed and spawn a correct head to go rolling away.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept
Personal rank: It's a trap!

Post by VatcilliZeitchef »

JackGriffin wrote:What you should do is make a quick check of the mesh being gibbed and spawn a correct head to go rolling away.
I think I managed to fix that! The head falling in the shot is in fact the cow-head, so I think that's alright too The problem before was the damagetype. Setting it to "decapitated" solved the issue.

Halfway on the queensland arena, where phase 1 of the boss-fight will take place
Image Kayako's useful Unreal editor Icon Database Image
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Is the link at the beginning updated with the white rabbit now wearing his little coat?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept

EvilGrins wrote:Is the link at the beginning updated with the white rabbit now wearing his little coat?
I haven't updated the link in a while, I will do so when he map is actually in a 'stable' condition again, right now there's many dead ends and messy trigger links that don't work yet. I'll have that fixed soon!
memsys
Adept
Personal rank: Silicon Lifeform

Post by memsys »

FYI Vat works in valve time :P
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept

At least I don't work in DNF time ;)
memsys
Adept
Personal rank: Silicon Lifeform

Post by memsys »

Touché.
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept

Updated the first link with the latest updated, Playable version of the map
BSP wise it's complete, but it still needs a few small additions, It features a finished stage-1 bossfight and a heavy work in progress stage-2 one which still needs heavy customization. But the map can be completed.

It is hard thou, Unless you are TERRIBLY Skilled you might have to cheat or use a cheat-mutator like UTJMH. I will probably release an easier, toned down version when the map is complete, for those not playing online.

Bots function slightly, but only really become of any use on the bossfight. They don't generally get stuck anywhere where they will not catch up with you if you keep progressing on your own thou.

The reason of the issue can be found here http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5051 and while I will keep looking for ways to fix it, I will leave bot support as is if I don't find a fix before I finish the map.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I do not cheat!
Sometimes I just bring a lot of backup.
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept

EvilGrins wrote:I do not cheat!
Sometimes I just bring a lot of backup.
Haha, I feel you there, I just wish that I could get bots to work better. They are rather dumb right now and since I got many complaints over my maps being too easy in the past I kind of balanced the later, harder areas of my map on about 3 or more real players.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay, played through it 4 times so far, and I may do more with screenshots, but for now...
1) Yeah, monsters fight. Oddly the Stop Your Fighting mutator doesn't effect that.
2) Jabberwocky can't hit you just as you come around the corner. His blasts stop, hitting an invisible wall. If you stay there you can kill him without any danger to yourself.
3) I could never find the room with the guillotine.
4) This map discriminates against Skaarj. My Sktroopers couldn't fit through a lot of stuff.
5) When you kill the Hearts, it reads "Doppleganger killed..." It doesn't say what I killed.
6) Never found the queen's dungeon either.

This is based on the initial release, I haven't tried the most recent version yet.

Do you mind if I link some other forums to this? I think folks at Fuzzy's and Hermskii's forums might like this map.
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept

You could not find the queen's room? Yes, if you took an older version that's definitely a long, long while back. It was like the 0,001 alpha preview release.
I fixed the Jabberwocky in internal release 0.3 (I number them for my own use) The monster fighting was fixed in internal release 4 I think.
(The white rabbit WILL still fight the monsters since he is an ally, and is supposed to help you) If anything, the 'stopyourfighting' mod might only break the feature since the white rabbit is not a scriptedpawn but a teamcannon subclass.
And the queen's room was added in the 0.5 release. (the one on dropbox now is the 0.6) And the queen might still occasionally fight her friends because she's your usual dumbass.

As for the skaarj discrimination, I only tested the map with my own bots, none of the stock models seem to have any problem fitting through anything, nor do the Arumi, shibuku, and Warpspider. If one of the points of trouble is the underwater caves then I am sorry! every 2 hours working on the map I spend 5 trying to get rid of BSP holes, so remaking that entire area for one custom model is a no go for me. :cry: The best I can do is add a dirty hack that forces default collision boxes for the SK trooper, I can't do that on my own thou. :help:

In the current release I added one of the three cutscenes and in the yet to be released version I will have the boss fight tweaked, as well as the last two cutscenes done (I finished one a moment ago)
With that done, the next version can be considered a release candidate.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I wasn't suggesting you rebuild the map for the custom models, I was just noting that one thing. I've got a full range of guys, but FUGLY was having issues:
He couldn't grab stuff in the boxes because he's too big to get in.

You can see how much bigger the SKtroopers are:
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilgrin ... iginal.png

It's no big thing, I just mention every lil' thing when I do a review.

Let you know how I do with the most recent version.
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept

Ah yes, I see the issue, Like I said, one thing I can think of is making an actor that forces custom models to take the default collision height (Even the warcow has the same collision height as a human player! (Resulting in a bad headshot cylinder.
the only issue I see with that is that their feet will stick into the ground, but I guess that's better than not being able to grab inventory?

Everything is finished now, thou reskinning the queen proved to be a pain, the eyes kept getting stretched, so. She's an Asian now. Asians are cute, she less so.