W.I.P - DM-FakArena (v0.960) - Beta release

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
UT99.org

Re: W.I.P - DM-FakArena (v.0.8)

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
GEx wrote:D'oh!! Download link expired :(
http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Ma ... 0.8%29.zip
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

Hehe any feedback are welcome :).
@Higor:
Thats very comprehensive tutorial ! :) much thanks for it :) I give it a try.
Thanks for link, may I use it in first post ?.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:of course :tu:
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Pretty buggy... For some reason when I respawn after some kind of explosion I get transported to a HOM (or whatever) and have no choice but to restart windows :( (or UT just crashes). Also, those particles are definetly the source of the slowdows, do something with them please. Next would be my opinion: I hate Coret_FX textures (especially the Wall ones).
I hope it didn't sound like bashing because I liked the rest of the map quite a lot! :gj:
Good luck on the final version!
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

@GEx:
For now, the most of the textures are changed :) You propably hate these textures with red/blue horizontal bars on they, they are no longer in a map.
That big explosion is just a SKWnuke projectile, this class is mainly made for Unreal 1. in UT it is bugged so map crash sometimes during the blast (especially when looking in blast 'point zero'). Now, these blast are in amount of 3 in the same time, but these are nuclear explosions from Nali Weapons 3:) nothing crashed after that. but file size rise to 34 from 14.. :(.
Particles are removed too. map run much smoother. next beta release with critical fixes should be ready tommorow :) see ya
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Radi wrote: For now, the most of the textures are changed :) You propably hate these textures with red/blue horizontal bars on they, they are no longer in a map...
Yeah those ones, you didn't need to change them, someone maybe likes them. Don't know ;)
Radi wrote: ...Now, these blast are in amount of 3 in the same time, but these are nuclear explosions from Nali Weapons 3:) nothing crashed after that. but file size rise to 34 from 14.. :(.
Maybe Wormbos 2k4 redeemer explosion would be a good replacement? Right now I don't think servers will like that filesize increase :noidea
Radi wrote: Particles are removed too. map run much smoother.
Those lava particle thingies didn't look all that nice for me I'm afraid (maybe it's just my renderer?). After the release you'll have to teach me how to use them though :mrgreen:.
Cheers! :tu:
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

Im changed these textures. Earlier I thinking that they do not fit this map much.. After your point it is clear, they must be deleted ;).
And yes, that big step in file size is not necessary. :) So I going to find a good or even better replacement of SkwNuke :p (of course I need some direction :)
Thanks GEx for idea where to search first (Wormbo's work) :).
ps: Particle systems are deleted from map now :) I thinking about using maybe a even simple version (precipitationGenerator or sth.) but only in rooms around central Area. Of course If you dont understand how to use these particle system just PM me :) thats no problem for me to talk with people :p
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Radi wrote:Of course If you dont understand how to use these particle system just PM me :) thats no problem for me to talk with people :p
You can share your knowledge here openly in the mapping section of the forum. :wink:
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

yeah thats good idea but.. where to start :p? As far as I know 'particle system 43' comes with 'read me' file where is writen how to set everything :). Maybe someone need other explanation how to do? hmmm
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Radi wrote:As far as I know 'particle system 43' comes with 'read me' file where is writen how to set everything :).
There was a readme?!?! Uhm... Oops :mrgreen: :tongue: where can I find it?
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

there it is:) It contains a map with snow test and texture pack for it

http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... tem_43.rar
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

hmmm every time when I trying to embeed this Redeemer2k4.u into map (obj load command) the editor crashes : /. arrrgghh without new big explosion I can't release fixed version of the beta.
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

ok. maybe someone do more extensive testing from now.. new link (first post updated too):
Map should run much faster now. New fixes include resized textures, repaired lighting, skwNuke replaced with Nali Weapons 3 Nuclear Explosion level 2 and many small fixes like actors in void and strange collisions from meshes:)
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/1/view ... .82%29.zip
if link is expired then write here or as PM for new link.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Re: W.I.P - DM-FakArena (v.0.82)

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Dropbox said that I don't belong there... How rude of them. :x