Textures.......

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Textures.......

Post by TheDane »

I've just begun uploading the textures I use for mapping and thought to share it with whoever wants it. It's plain and simply to use and I've made an option to test if a texture can tile seamlessly also. All are bmp format ready to import into editor.

link: (removed by Feralidragon - many textures are copyrighted)

EDIT:
- Thanks a lot to those who contributed with their textures!
- 18-01-2014 Now there is a total of 2696 Textures available.
Last edited by TheDane on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Retired.
ASLY

Re: Textures.......

Post by ASLY »

Cool thanks for sharing this textures! :tu:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Nice collection. What I tend to use a lot of, and isn't currently there, are sky textures that I can tile to make the sky... well, pretty.

Even for alien worls and stuff, a nice blue sky with white clouds I can alter to some unusual colors with tint edits.

You need skies!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

thanks for sharing these ! deffinitely gonna to use some in my SP project :)
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

I've added more textures today and will continue to do so a Little later, there are new catagories such as "Metal" available now.

@EvilGrin: Skies!! yes, indeed, it's so hard to make a skybox for me - just check any random map'o'mine and you'll see that's one of my weak spots :-)

@Radi: Glad you can use them :tu:
Retired.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

There are some nice wall texture ...thanks for sharing!
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

I see many many new textures ! :) keep the great work :) Im really appreciate (good word ?) that. thanks buddy.
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

Radi wrote:I see many many new textures ! :) keep the great work :) Im really appreciate (good word ?) that. thanks buddy.
thx :tu:

I've added a few catagories more and upped a lot of textures - now a total of 643 textures .......... and pending :mrgreen:
Retired.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

TheDane wrote:
Radi wrote:I see many many new textures ! :) keep the great work :) Im really appreciate (good word ?) that. thanks buddy.
thx :tu:

I've added a few catagories more and upped a lot of textures - now a total of 643 textures .......... and pending :mrgreen:
Nice ...and they are CC-licence ...I mean free to use? :rock:
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

papercoffee wrote: Nice ...and they are CC-licence ...I mean free to use? :rock:
Yes, but I must be honest and say that a lot of them comes from google's image search engine where I just edited them to fit directly into the UT import engine, so since Google wrote this long disclaimer I saw once about how they couldn't be held resposible for linking to possible copyrighted images, chances are that a few of them may be copyrighted?? But other than that, they are borrowed from rare (but public) UT texture packs or made by myself, so in short - they should be just as good to use as any other free textures :mrgreen:

Also, if anyone else wants to contribute to this colection please feel free to send me the textures you want to share, just as long as they are free to use for everybody. I estimate that I'm 10% through sorting my own textures, so it will be quite a massive Collection once done 8)
Retired.
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

Went through many texture packs Again and have now passed the 1000+ textures :-)
Retired.
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

cheers!

:gj:
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

:gj: Thanks a million. Some of those are simply awesome!
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

By request I have made a minor update to the website, the filename of the texture is now displayed below it. At the same time I can inform you that there is currently a total of 1604 textures available in 29 categories.

Because of what has happened to zacman recently I've been asked by a few if they could use the website to backup their textures. This is ofcause an option, but then there are a few rules to follow. The textures must be sorted in the same categories as I use on my website (just request a new category if you have textures that doesn't fit into one of the existing). All textures must be ready to import into Ued, meaning 8 bit bmp format. Max resolution 512x512 pixels.

If you want to take this into use, you will gain a backup and the rest of the community will gain access to more textures ... a win-win thingy :tu:

I've made a folder structure you can use if you'd like:
Textures_unrealtournament_info.zip
(5.51 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
This way you can drag and drop your textures into the 29 folders, zip them and send them to me to be uploaded 8)
Retired.
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

EvilGrins wrote:Nice collection. What I tend to use a lot of, and isn't currently there, are sky textures that I can tile to make the sky... well, pretty.

Even for alien worls and stuff, a nice blue sky with white clouds I can alter to some unusual colors with tint edits.

You need skies!
I have upped a some more textures today, and heving the post in mind, there are some updates to the sky textures which can be tiled in a skybox. Maybe you haven't seen these yet? There are 3 new "sets" and many new clouds. :tu:

From now on I will update the first post to reflect the number of textures available.
Retired.