48 hours speed mapping contest = VOTING!!

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!

Vote the best map!

Poll ended at Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:35 am

DM-48SC-GlaciemOtium
50%
DOM-DM-48SC-RedRust
23%
DOM-48SC-Reverie
27%

Total votes: 26

Raynor
Adept

Re: 48 hours speed mapping contest = VOTING!!

Post by Raynor »

papercoffee wrote: The missing pack is from the official 4th patch for UT.

Anyway ...the 48-SC-Map-pack will include the fixed versions + all necessary packages.
UTtech4.utx is not an official texture package and wasn't included with any official patches or bonus packs.
You are mixing it up with SGTech1.utx which is part of BP4. UTtech4.utx itself was included with Tactical Ops mod.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

SzGergo wrote:Fun fact:
did you know that you can score a lot of frag on GlaciamOtium by killing the glowing flying sprites? (explosions do trick!) Also, i liked this one the most.
(RedDust looks nice on the screenshots, too bad i could not play with due to missing package.)
(Reverie needs to be finished. Then it may become a decent map)
Rofl... didnt knew that :pfff: but im glad you liked the map
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Raynor wrote: You are mixing it up with SGTech1.utx which is part of BP4. UTtech4.utx itself was included with Tactical Ops mod.
Oh... yeas could be. But I hadn't installed TO on this UT-version. Where did I get this texture pack? (and no, I didn't get it from cache, 'cause I delete it at regular intervals) :noidea
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

papercoffee wrote:But I hadn't installed TO on this UT-version. Where did I get this texture pack? (and no, I didn't get it from cache, 'cause I delete it at regular intervals) :noidea
Quite a lot of maps uses this texture pack, so you've proberly just pickup it up that way?
Retired.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

TheDane wrote:
papercoffee wrote:But I hadn't installed TO on this UT-version. Where did I get this texture pack? (and no, I didn't get it from cache, 'cause I delete it at regular intervals) :noidea
Quite a lot of maps uses this texture pack, so you've proberly just pickup it up that way?
Ok with a umod installation maybe.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I just looked in my TacOps folder, and the original is dated 09/12/1999
It has been around for so long and used without credits so often, people assume it is an Epic file.

Here is a fine example of why credits are important, even when permission is not available.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Dr.Flay wrote:I just looked in my TacOps folder, and the original is dated 09/12/1999
It has been around for so long and used without credits so often, people assume it is an Epic file.

Here is a fine example of why credits are important, even when permission is not available.
But that's exclusively TacOps fault though. They knew very well how Epic named their UTTech files, and decided to follow the same naming to appear official. What if Epic released another bonus pack with their own UTTech4 then? Why didn't TacOps named it TOTech for example?
In this specific case, using the file without credits (or crediting Epic instead) doesn't seem that bad though, the TacOps team should have their own nomenclature (just like any mod or custom pack) instead of trying to literally make their files look like the official thing on purpose.
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Post by >@tack!< »

I really like Reverie, although I would rather play DM on it than DOM
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Ok, to all participants !!!

Please send my via PM the absolutely most final map with all missing packages. I'll wrap this up now.
DeathoX 8
Experienced

Post by DeathoX 8 »

>@tack!< wrote:I really like Reverie, although I would rather play DM on it than DOM
Thanks, glad you liked it. I made a DM version after the contest end, it's going to be included in the final map pack.

@papercoffee
PM sent.
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

Again, thanks to Ferali for CSMCX package :) thanks much ! .. wow, these directional coronas, emitters are simply great ah I have orgasm! Thanks for these :D
I was looking for something like this last time :) thanks for sharing this great work :) Im going to use these effects in my still incomplete map :) I wrote 'thank you' already ? :p
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

No problem. I wanted to add some custom coronas and emitters to my map, and I ended up doing a full package of them for public usage, I'm glad that despite the map being a failure, the package is useful to someone. :)