DM-Phobos2

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

DM-Phobos2

Post by EvilGrins »

I'm kind of a "give credit where it's due" junkie, so I already sussed this out · http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5165&p=56126

This an edit of a map that came with the original UT install: DM-Phobos. It's basically completely the same except there's 2 Talking Titans, named after 2 folks I often run into on forums that have something of a rivalry, on Mars.

Just so you know, I checked with both and they think it's hilarious.

No need to fear, Titans can't throw rocks at the station.

Though that kinda asteroid storm would've been really cool!

DM-Phobos2 is a standard Deathmatch map, minus the Titans yelling at each other on the nearby planet. Try not to be too distracted watching them as someone less distracted might sneak up and kill you...

...oh, something important to keep in mind!

The Titans are UTDMT. Basically they're just very big bots that can throw rocks. Because of this, if you're not careful, from them killing each other it's completely possible for either of them to win the game if one gets enough kills.

The STOP YOUR FIGHTING mutator will prevent Titans from fighting, but then they're just standing around doing nothing. Kinda boring.

Good thing to keep in mind.

Enjoy · http://www.mediafire.com/download/x52cz ... hobos2.zip
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Radi
Adept

Re: DM-Phobos2

Post by Radi »

Someone find that titans disappear after some time or it just my issue ? (tested only with NW3, Two times)
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Radi wrote:Someone find that titans disappear after some time or it just my issue ? (tested only with NW3, Two times)
I just answered this over on oldunreal.

How long were you playing?
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

Played third time and used cheat 'fly' to get to safe place where no bots and monsters can interfere, only to look at titans. After few minutes one titan throws rocks at another and I saw as they skin changed to one second to some-kind-of-blue like they are teleported somewhere, after that they do not spawn more (5 minutes later still no signs of them). Maybe one or more mutators get in the way. I can do more investigation later if you want :)
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Radi wrote:Maybe one or more mutators get in the way. I can do more investigation later if you want :)
Please do, because they shouldn't be able to do that.

What mutators other than NW3 were you using?
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

they leave a strange message ('gg') exactly when disappearing (screen 1), and my mutators are visible on screen below
Attachments
scr01 17.17.24.jpg
scr01 15.54.54.jpg
scr01 15.54.54.jpg (50.89 KiB) Viewed 4219 times
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

The 'gg' / "Gotta Go" usually only occurs just before a map switches, it's the logout the UTDMT uses... but it literally only happens when one map ends and another begins. That you're getting it in an ongoing match is more than just a bit weird.

After you addressed the issue last night, I ran the map with bots for an hour. I'll give it another go tonite with just me.

Your list of used mutators is significant; that's a lot! I don't recognize all of them, but why are you running a MonsterHunt mutator for a Deathmatch game?

I generally test maps with a bare minimum of mutators. I only had Oldskool, Pinata, Xbots, & Deemer Fireworks running.
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

haha this MonsterHunt mutator comes with NW3 and it allow health regeneration, ammo amount multiplier on pickups and more, I set this only to give more max health to players/bots on spawn because these monsters and zombies bite too much ;p
Still not found what causing this GG message in middle of a match, I'll report if I found.
What is this Pinata thing ?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Radi wrote: What is this Pinata thing ?
Pinata is a funny mutator where a killed player/bot drops all his collected weapons and goodies ...U damage, Jump-boots, Invisibility etc. ...you can also set it up to drop heath-vials and med-boxes additional to the weapons and stuff.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:
Radi wrote: What is this Pinata thing ?
Pinata is a funny mutator where a killed player/bot drops all his collected weapons and goodies ...U damage, Jump-boots, Invisibility etc. ...you can also set it up to drop heath-vials and med-boxes additional to the weapons and stuff.
I usually use it in LMS games, as a save for people that're near death. You can set it to drop everything or just certain things: In LMS I usually have it just drop health & random power ups.

Pinata was designed by the same person that made the Whirlwind mutator, which sends little tornadoes travelling around a map. They're designed to work together if you're running both at the same time. Whirlwind flings you across a map and pinata makes it so before you're thrown you lose ALL WEAPONS, so if you survive you have absolutely nothing.

So, "gg"... it's can't be Relics because the UTDMT doesn't have access to those. I think it might be the MonsterSpawn, what's your time setting on that?

Radi, suggestion: Try playing the map with absolutely no mutators and see if that makes any difference.
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

wow that Pinata and whirlwind thats something ! :P Going to download, I hope I find these on medor site.
@EvilGrins:
Monsters spawn are set to 6 minutes, I do not try to remove all mutators because If for you is ok, them probably for me the same. I though of removing them one by one to find a culprit ;p
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Radi wrote:Monsters spawn are set to 6 minutes
By any chance is the "gg" popping up roundabout 6 minutes into the game?
Radi wrote:wow that Pinata and whirlwind thats something ! :P Going to download, I hope I find these on medor site.
If he doesn't have them, I do.
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

Medor seems to have everything there :p that pinata mutator, I like it :) and you bet ! :p without monster spawn titans do not disappear more. Sadly, I can not live without that mutator :p
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Radi wrote:Medor seems to have everything there :p that pinata mutator, I like it :) and you bet ! :p without monster spawn titans do not disappear more. Sadly, I can not live without that mutator :p
Figured it might be that one, I use it too but generally only for LMS.

Why not make the time limit more than 6 minutes?
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

Why not more than 6 minutes ? Hmmm why you ask ? :p ..usually monsters spawns with my current setting a few times on match. Setting spawn time to more is out of question :D 6 Is ok for me :)