Flying in a map

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Raviex
Average

Flying in a map

Post by Raviex »

Is there a code I can set that would allow all the players on a map to fly as if using the fly console command?
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Flying in a map

Post by Chamberly »

None that I know of but there is something I know that is almost relevant to your post. Though, it is up to you if you want to use it.

There has been a mod called Semi-Admin (mostly known in Bunny Track servers for using it) that let you allow to set up account for other to become an admin and to use fly... but then that wouldn't be nice because of letting other peoples to become admin.

Wonder if someone know how to use or make a command to set/allow someone to fly? I think this was possible using Semi Admin without giving them the password as well.

& I don't know those commands because I don't use Semi Admin mod...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

such a mod would interest me too.
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

Raviex wrote:Is there a code I can set that would allow all the players on a map to fly as if using the fly console command?
Try this:
EverybodyFly.zip
(42.53 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
I have made it a mutator but you can also just place it in a map if you want to (testing needed though!! I have only tested it as a mutator added to the mutator list.

If you place it in the map itself you can still edit the player message like this:
EditorProperties.jpg
EditorProperties.jpg (50.1 KiB) Viewed 2792 times
Bots are not supported, this because Epic didn't include any fly AI in their code, so they just freeze if you set them in state flying :loool: too easy targets then!! I've included the sourcecode if anyone wants to edit it :tu:
Retired.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

nice one Dane..

glad to see you re-kindling your love of the game.

thumbs-up;)
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

TheDane wrote:
Raviex wrote:Is there a code I can set that would allow all the players on a map to fly as if using the fly console command?
Try this:
EverybodyFly.zip
I have made it a mutator but you can also just place it in a map if you want to (testing needed though!! I have only tested it as a mutator added to the mutator list.

If you place it in the map itself you can still edit the player message like this:
EditorProperties.jpg
Bots are not supported, this because Epic didn't include any fly AI in their code, so they just freeze if you set them in state flying :loool: too easy targets then!! I've included the sourcecode if anyone wants to edit it :tu:
Well that is short I guess lol. If I know how to code I would've went on further adding more stuff into this... anyway here are my ideas that I'd like to have:
-An logged-in admin selection feature to pick players to be able to fly.
-An logged-in admin selection to pick players to stop flying.
-When the player is flying, die by suicide and not other thing. But also not to block such thing like movers... (I don't remember much about flying work. I fly around the map and ghost for most of the time to learn a map)
-When the player is flying, they can hold weapons and shoot, but it does not do any damage to other players. (Same team or opposite team.)
-Almost same as above, but will not boost (just incase... I'd use this on a BT server for a good feature, reason why I'm listing all of this.)

Thanks.

& That's all I'd request. Because I'm not fond of using semi admin mod, and I don't want players asking me to be an semi admin so they can do such illegal thing from it.
Raviex
Average

Post by Raviex »

Thanks Dane I'll try it out and see how it works.
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

Chamberly wrote:Well that is short I guess lol. If I know how to code I would've went on further adding more stuff into this... anyway here are my ideas that I'd like to have:
-An logged-in admin selection feature to pick players to be able to fly.
-An logged-in admin selection to pick players to stop flying.
-When the player is flying, die by suicide and not other thing. But also not to block such thing like movers... (I don't remember much about flying work. I fly around the map and ghost for most of the time to learn a map)
-When the player is flying, they can hold weapons and shoot, but it does not do any damage to other players. (Same team or opposite team.)
-Almost same as above, but will not boost (just incase... I'd use this on a BT server for a good feature, reason why I'm listing all of this.)

Thanks.

& That's all I'd request. Because I'm not fond of using semi admin mod, and I don't want players asking me to be an semi admin so they can do such illegal thing from it.
I'm sorry but I don't have time or a server available to all the tests this will require, that's why I included the source code so others could use it as base.

Raviex wrote:Thanks Dane I'll try it out and see how it works.
Your welcome, I hope it Works for you :tu:
Retired.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Soooooo ...technically are you swimming through the air?
And what must be done to use this in an offline match with bots?
will the burger path-node be useful??
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:Soooooo ...technically are you swimming through the air?
That's what it always looked like with the Superman mutator, as well as every other mutator that had flying has one of the abilities in it.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:[youtube]watch?v=jSoOJiIDzSY[/youtube]

http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... Hellhouse/