All my maps in one pack +Updated

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
_naruto_999
Average

All my maps in one pack +Updated

Post by _naruto_999 »

Deck16][ UT tech style
Deck16][ Sgtech style
Curse][ HD
Healing Pyramid II
Morbias III night
Morbias III day
Morbias III Twin
Viridian Dreams Sgtech style

Added (final) in all filenames. Included OpenAL and Emitter in the package.

Changelog deck16:
- Deck16 has BlockALL in UT version, as opposed to invisible brush collision. This makes projectiles go through grate texture in UT but not in Unreal;

Changelog Morbias III:
- Signs are now flat and were placed on top of the grates. This is because BSP holes were eating the curved signs placed on the pipes;
- Added the missing lightbeams in UT version. However, they do not match the static meshes in Unreal version because UT doesn't support scalling XYZ components individually;
- For some reason, morbias cannot be rebuilt with BSP slider set to anything, be it minimize cuts or balance tree. With any setting the map suffers from random black spots and bsp holes everywhere, the solution was to not rebuild BSP at all;

Changelog all:
- Rebuilt BSP with lower node count. Slider set to 10. Except for Morbias III

Download:
Mediafire Fixed, copied the wrong link.
Mega

Quick update:
- Curse II HD for UT was missing;
- Healing Pyramid for UT had a huge BSP hole. Solution was to pick up map for Unreal, delete ujumpers, rebuild paths, overwrite UT version, paste back all kickers from previous UT version, rebuild paths again. The difference is that now visible UT teles are now replaced with same tele with emitter from U;
- Fixed masked textures. They were black because I imported again without mipmaps but overlooked the alpha channel;
- Detail textures. The custom 24bits dxt compressed textures had no detail texture set, now they have the same detail texture as the original texture packages.

Map that I haven't advertised before: Deck16 UT techs tyle. It's a variation of sgtech.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by _naruto_999 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: All my maps in one pack

Post by papercoffee »

Thank you very much ... I'm downloading the pack.

Edit---------
Under the Mediafire link is only Viridian Dreams sgtech style.7z ... The Mega link works just fine.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: All my maps in one pack +Updated

Post by Red_Fist »

I been meaning to ask you for a while now.

Other than "HD" what is the objective to all this ?

All your posts just rattle on about lighting, BSP, brushes, etc etc, but I still can't figure out what the whole thing you are trying to achieve, is.

Plus we have 227 mixed up nowdays with UT making it even harder to understand what the heck you are trying to accomplish.

Very confusing.

I would also DEMAND, for all threads or maps by anyone, including me, to make it clear if it's for 227 or not, thanks.
Binary Space Partitioning
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Red_Fist wrote:I would also DEMAND, for all threads or maps by anyone, including me, to make it clear if it's for 227 or not, thanks.
Almost everyone does.
These are maps he released recently. There is a thread not even 3 weeks old for Deck 16 where it's made clear it requires 227, a Viridian thread a bit older which also mentions 227 etc. Seems clear to me.
You must construct additional pylons.
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Thank you for what you have done! And good luck with your future projects.
_naruto_999
Average

Post by _naruto_999 »

Red_Fist wrote:I been meaning to ask you for a while now.

Other than "HD" what is the objective to all this ?

All your posts just rattle on about lighting, BSP, brushes, etc etc, but I still can't figure out what the whole thing you are trying to achieve, is.

Plus we have 227 mixed up nowdays with UT making it even harder to understand what the heck you are trying to accomplish.

Very confusing.

I would also DEMAND, for all threads or maps by anyone, including me, to make it clear if it's for 227 or not, thanks.
I once had the idea of doing a revamp of 10 ~ 12 stock UT maps. But then.... that was years ago.
Nephew9999
Adept

Post by Nephew9999 »

these ...never works for me..
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

That considered a necrobump.
Nephew9999
Adept

Post by Nephew9999 »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:That considered a necrobump.
i know it......... sorry but i never tried these maps.. :nonono: