THE 512kb MAPPING CONTEST

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
rtg
Average
Personal rank: the incredable kid

Re: THE 512kb MAPPING CONTEST

Post by rtg »

papercoffee wrote:
memsys wrote: EDIT2: also paper next time you better make damn well clear what the end time is I thought was still on time so getting a point off after working my ass off for 3 days and being "late" because the bots broke all the time sucks. Certainly not a fun way to end a friendly for FUN competition.
Read my post again ...you are not late. :D
papercoffee wrote:memsys last map is in ...his post was on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:27 pm UTC Western European Time.
Only RTG is 23 minutes over the deadline and FnB did pull back his V3 ...
If all agree can we say "23 minutes is nothing" and RTG doesn't get a penalty.

This Contest is to have fun and not to be nitpicking ... :wink:
That's cool to hear that I wont get penalty for 1on1-FastPaced, since I worked hard for that map. But would you add my fix of 1on1-WarmupParty in the list? The link with the fixed archive is in my latest post above. You can take away points on this map as much as you want for being late.
memsys
Adept
Personal rank: Silicon Lifeform

Post by memsys »

papercoffee wrote:
memsys wrote: EDIT2: also paper next time you better make damn well clear what the end time is I thought was still on time so getting a point off after working my ass off for 3 days and being "late" because the bots broke all the time sucks. Certainly not a fun way to end a friendly for FUN competition.
Read my post again ...you are not late. :D
papercoffee wrote:memsys last map is in ...his post was on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:27 pm UTC Western European Time.
Only RTG is 23 minutes over the deadline and FnB did pull back his V3 ...
If all agree can we say "23 minutes is nothing" and RTG doesn't get a penalty.

This Contest is to have fun and not to be nitpicking ... :wink:
Sorry, Must have interpreted your post wrong.

23 minutes late on a contest lasting 2 months (61 days) is ~0.025% late, that number is so small that practically it IS nothing!

As for getting angry, I have been dealing with a LOT of stupidity and getting blamed for their shit so I am a bit on edge (not intended as excuse to justify my temper mind you just an explanation why I react so badly).
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

papercoffee wrote:This Contest is to have fun and not to be nitpicking ... :wink:
No, no man. The goal of the contest is to win, and anything is good enough to be first: having your competi- enemies! disqualified on technicalities, having the mods change the rules to exclude some of them, hack people's account to submit faulty maps under their names, sequester them long enough for them to be too late, influence other participants to have them hate a map or even the author himself, anything! There is no "fair play" in this matter. Do not stand between me and my inevitable victory.
You must construct additional pylons.
rtg
Average

Post by rtg »

Hellkeeper wrote: Do not stand between me and my inevitable victory.

I guess you want to win hate as well :noidea
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Use smilies when you go Ironic mode...
Hellkeeper wrote:
papercoffee wrote:This Contest is to have fun and not to be nitpicking ... :wink:
No, no man. The goal of the contest is to win, and anything is good enough to be first: having your competi- enemies! disqualified on technicalities, having the mods change the rules to exclude some of them, hack people's account to submit faulty maps under their names, sequester them long enough for them to be too late, influence other participants to have them hate a map or even the author himself, anything! There is no "fair play" in this matter. Do not stand between me and my inevitable victory.
Fixed!
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Some peoples submit for competition, some for fun. lol. But it's a Mapping Contest, so it will base on the competition regardless of the map submitted just for fun, less or more, everyone can get a chance. Fun submission is qualified because it was fun, nothing too hard to concentrate on. xD Ok enough...

Yes I agree for 2 weeks map voting for the competition. This will help me try to eliminate overlooking of the map for trying to rush review - when I don't have time. Mapping template for judging? I'd like to see. Or do we have to make our own?

Another thing, I got myself confused. Are the maps (according to this mapping contest) is based on offline game play, online, or both? Users don't have to say what their map is based on because some are in their read me but I'm speaking for the contest to know. I don't know why I asked this late but better than never. I'll appreciate the input, Papercoffee, Dr.Flay, & UnrealGecko and any other admin.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
rtg
Average

Post by rtg »

papercoffee wrote:Use smilies when you go Ironic mode...
Hellkeeper wrote:
Fixed!

nono man, why did you ignored my post :(((. my map is still not updated, and now the contest is over. Check the previous page.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

rtg wrote: nono man, why did you ignored my post :(((. my map is still not updated, and now the contest is over. Check the previous page.
No one is ignored ...do you really want the fixed version of the map in the contest?
If yes, you'll get a -1 point penalty for this map. 'Cause the update was Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:23 pm
Btw. can you rename the updated map next time with a V2 or whichever version this map is now
rtg
Average

Post by rtg »

papercoffee wrote:
rtg wrote: nono man, why did you ignored my post :(((. my map is still not updated, and now the contest is over. Check the previous page.
No one is ignored ...do you really want the fixed version of the map in the contest?
If yes, you'll get a -1 point penalty for this map. 'Cause the update was Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:23 pm
Btw. can you rename the updated map next time with a V2 or whichever version this map is now
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rs2resya1364p ... D.rar?dl=0

Just replace the old archive with this one.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

I just realized CTF-Gravo has a 4 Mo music attached to it. What's the deal?
You must construct additional pylons.
{S.o.W}DeathMask
Skilled

Post by {S.o.W}DeathMask »

Not to go a little Off-Topic (even if I don't think I would), but in case you needed a NewNet server to host all the 512k maps for the vote which will take place in 2 weeks, admins please PM me and I will upload them all on mine.
{S.o.W}DeathMask, 9 times CWC UT2003, 1 time EMKTC.

papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Hellkeeper wrote:I just realized CTF-Gravo has a 4 Mo music attached to it. What's the deal?
Oh, didn't checked this one CTF-512K-Gravo is out of the contest ...sorry Rocky.
508kb for the map + 22kb swJumpPad =530kb + 4039kb for music file.
The Rules are clear
6. Now the most important rule ...The .unr file have not to be bigger then 512kb in total size (everything smaller than 512kb is allowed) every additional package will be added to the total size of the map.
The readme and the normal (advertizing) screenshots don't count as "additional package"
Ok I will now recheck all the submissions.

Edit----------------
All the other maps are fine.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Hellkeeper wrote:I just realized CTF-Gravo has a 4 Mo music attached to it. What's the deal?
I told him about it, and I thought he did upload a new version without the music... :noidea
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

too bad -- gravo was kinda fun ...

I see V2 is there - thanks paper :tu:

Speaking of which, I've played all the maps off line, except rtg's and in_a_cave - i will test those tonight...

So I took a run around some random servers last night (i a have not played online since 2012, i think, lol)
Hoily crap I got good ping!!!! I don't get it -- i'm canada/est - some usa were giving me between 30-50 , some euro 50-100
Am i insane? Around 640 servers total in my ut browser, 300 populated -- are these good numbers? I thought the ut browser was supposed
to be broken these days :noidea

btw if you see "stinkeye" that's me - say hello and don't kill me too hard (i'm a bit out of shape, lol) :D
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

UnrealGecko wrote:
I told him about it, and I thought he did upload a new version without the music... :noidea
He did, skim back in the thread a bit. Gravo has a version 2.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758