THE 512kb MAPPING CONTEST

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: THE 512kb MAPPING CONTEST

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:
UnrealGecko wrote:
Hellkeeper wrote:I just realized CTF-Gravo has a 4 Mo music attached to it. What's the deal?
I told him about it, and I thought he did upload a new version without the music... :noidea
He did, skim back in the thread a bit. Gravo has a version 2.
:| Do you want to say that ...
ok where is this map?

Edit---------------
:ironic2: ...CTF-512K-Gravo_V2 is in again. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5953&p=68440#p68440
Sorry Rocky, I apologize for any inconvenience. I totally overlooked this map when I updated the first post. :wth:
rtg
Average
Personal rank: the incredable kid

Post by rtg »

Also, seems like my map 1on1-FastPaced bugs all of my teles on newnet servers, its not my fault, on regular servers there are no problems in anything. If the servers you guys are putting are with newnet, then that would be a problem. In fact I approve of making these servers newnet, so I will be searching for a way to fix this, of course if you guys approve to put that fix on the newnet servers.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

rtg wrote:Also, seems like my map 1on1-FastPaced bugs all of my teles on newnet servers, its not my fault, on regular servers there are no problems in anything. If the servers you guys are putting are with newnet, then that would be a problem. In fact I approve of making these servers newnet, so I will be searching for a way to fix this, of course if you guys approve to put that fix on the newnet servers.
A fixed version only after the votes ...sorry.
Right now will your map be tested as it is. The Contest is over.
{S.o.W}DeathMask
Skilled

Post by {S.o.W}DeathMask »

rtg,
I tested the map with bad-_-boy89, and I also noticed (And I don't know if you set it) that the sky is static. Totally. bad-_-boy89 says sky's bugged also, on NewNet servers.
Only conclusion I can get to (without watching the map on the Editor) is that you used some custom actors to make the teleporters.
If so, Unreal Tournament default actor is pretty good itself, why using a custom actor?
{S.o.W}DeathMask, 9 times CWC UT2003, 1 time EMKTC.

rtg
Average

Post by rtg »

{S.o.W}DeathMask wrote:rtg,
I tested the map with bad-_-boy89, and I also noticed (And I don't know if you set it) that the sky is static. Totally. bad-_-boy89 says sky's bugged also, on NewNet servers.
Only conclusion I can get to (without watching the map on the Editor) is that you used some custom actors to make the teleporters.
If so, Unreal Tournament default actor is pretty good itself, why using a custom actor?
Why not download the map and try the map offline? The sky and the moon are movers, that are rotating around with different speed. It's really weird that its not working for online servers.. I'm 100% sure that its caused by server mods or settings. Just see the sky in single player.

Also I haven't used custom actors.. Every resource (except overlay textures) are original from UT. Teleport zones started glitching on me so much, that i had to go with regular teleport actors, and it was a pain to do it that way, but it worked on regular servers and offline.. Im pretty sure bad-_-boy invited you on that pug newnet server.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

rtg wrote:
{S.o.W}DeathMask wrote:rtg,
Why not download the map and try the map offline? The sky and the moon are movers, that are rotating around with different speed. It's really weird that its not working for online servers.. I'm 100% sure that its caused by server mods or settings. Just see the sky in single player.

Also I haven't used custom actors.. Every resource (except overlay textures) are original from UT. Teleport zones started glitching on me so much, that i had to go with regular teleport actors, and it was a pain to do it that way, but it worked on regular servers and offline.. Im pretty sure bad-_-boy invited you on that pug newnet server.
the problem is you've used rotating mover type. This is one of the types that does not work online. What you do is use a regular old normal mover and set the physics for rotation yourself. This is what i've done in Beat Goes on - the skybox has is a rotating/spinning mover (the nebula). Don't sweat about that, I just played the map and I was having way too much fun fragging and jumping around to even look at the skybox :loool: !
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I guess anyone test the map however they want to test it... but... my question still remain?
Are the maps (according to this mapping contest) is based on offline game play, online, or both?
Mapping template for judging?
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

papercoffee wrote: :ironic2: ...CTF-512K-Gravo_V2 is in again. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5953&p=68440#p68440
Sorry Rocky, I apologize for any inconvenience. I totally overlooked this map when I updated the first post. :wth:
You scared me when you said it is out from the list lol :loool:
I had uploaded version 2 here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5953&start=240#p69130 :mrgreen:
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Chamberly wrote:I guess anyone test the map however they want to test it... but... my question still remain?
Are the maps (according to this mapping contest) is based on offline game play, online, or both?
Mapping template for judging?
I'm testing the maps offline because I don't have the time or the ping to test them online right now. I believe everyone should test them how he wants and rate them how it pleases him. Unless Papercoffee has a stricter way of doing things.
You must construct additional pylons.
rtg
Average

Post by rtg »

FraGnBraG wrote:Don't sweat about that
Haha I sure did :P . This is what I get for making maps this late when the contest is about to be over. Got really freaked out from the results in online gameplay, my 1on1-FastPaced map was supposed to be for serious online 1v1 games and that's why I was in shock. Thanks for telling me how to make the sky movers working online, since I've never seen someone doing it.
{S.o.W}DeathMask
Skilled

I received a conirmation PM from the admins to upload the maps into my server for testing purposes (I'll remind once again it's a NewNet server).
I have all the maps and the redirect files too, but the only problem is I hardly ever have time for Unreal Tournament, especially these days. I will update my server with the test maps as soon as I can, and once done, I will reveal the IP for that (even if someone know already).

jay2
Average

Post by jay2 »

{S.o.W}DeathMask wrote:I received a conirmation PM from the admins to upload the maps into my server for testing purposes (I'll remind once again it's a NewNet server).
I have all the maps and the redirect files too, but the only problem is I hardly ever have time for Unreal Tournament, especially these days. I will update my server with the test maps as soon as I can, and once done, I will reveal the IP for that (even if someone know already).
I feel the best way to test these maps is on a server together.
{S.o.W}DeathMask
Skilled

It is definitely what I'm trying to: getting a server where everyone can test the contest maps altogether.
Sadly, I have just barely some time to check the messages nowadays, so I can't get really to work on it. Not until Monday, at least.

papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Any news ....do we have a server somewhere? :D
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Even I have a server too with the maps installed and different lag compensation techniques (NN, and LC) but why not put it on UT99.org's server?

Imo the maps are based offline imo because of the botpathing and online is different and too much headache to test (NN like to break things.)
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?