Test my MH map, DONE, made for bots.

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Test my MH map, DONE, made for bots.

Post by Barbie »

Red_Fist wrote:yes there is a dispersion pistol to be gotten.
My first look was for "DispersionPistol" literally and that failed - but now I've found what I was looking for. ;o)
I might have made it too hard.
I think the chance to solve that puzzle by normal playing is close to zero.
Let me know if the map functions properly online
I noticed some problems with that Bloblets, but I haven't done any research yet:
ucc.init.log.4 wrote:egrep -i "Bloblet.* fell out of the world" ucc.init.log.4|wc -l
What means, that that message "Bloblet{0,1,2} fell out of the world" was repeated 805 times for whatever reasons.
Wait... I just saw that all this starts with "ParentBlob0 fell out of the world!"

Also "no path to alarm" is repeated often in the log.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Ya I am not sure about those blobs, for online, they always acted odd even in unreal offline.

The alarmpoint thing I believe is not a problem, I use a lot of blocked path in there and other things that I wanted exactly how they are for path network.

But if the blobs mess things up online, I don't want that. It seems after you die they lose interest and just act stupid. Or they might be affected by world if they go into the water, I just don't know and probably should have left them out.

It can be solved, if they look and are observant, but I didn't want them to breeze through using redeemers.or supershock.

If you have some script or something to kill the blobs for online would be good, I really don't want to edit that thing again.
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Bloblets on their own don't do very much, it's the Blobs (acts like a swarm director for bloblets) that go after players. Usually they do lose interest after a person dies... but think is there's multiple people nearby the blob will go after them too.

They are advantageous as they can cling to any surface, which makes for a better chasing of players.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote: Also "no path to alarm" is repeated often in the log.
Result of a blocked path and monster spawning unable to use paths.
See that mixer mover On-Line and Off-Line, LOL.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: MH-Electrolyte

Post by Barbie »

I noticed another detail: TBrutey.RangedProjectile is set to "Class'MyLevel.CannonBRBolt'", but that custom projectile code was not compiled (although the code consists of the class definition only). I guess that's the reason why these projectiles do not make any damage; after compiling the code they do.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

The only mishap I can think of is , I DO compile, then I have to load monsterhunt in the ini, then open a map, then open the MH I am working on to use in MyLevel.

I always compile the changed scripts but can't do that with MH loaded. But they are and do give damage, the TBruty DOES give damage :noidea
Binary Space Partitioning