Test my MH map, DONE, made for bots.

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Test my MH map, done. made for bots.

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote:All I need to do is watch the last room a few more times using one bot.
That's hardly fair, you should let him have a little backup. Howabout 3 bots?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Errr, we do host images :noidea
Under the edit window click on "Upload attachment"
You can add up to 5 per post.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

Red_Fist wrote:
FraGnBraG wrote:imo, you should try getting rid of the HSD you have on all those surfaces... that _is_ a FR killer, no matter what system spec you have .. thing is, you don't really notice the difference if it's a darkish room (which it is) ...
I did that and it had little effect. I made the pillars regular and the ceiling, along with the new brush(s).
Right now it stays at my vsynch rate almost the whole map. Got some slowdown in that mixing room but very difficult to know why. Other than that I looked all over the place (no pawns just fly before playing with time demo), looking at different angles and it's about as fast as it can be.
weird -- I'm not sure what you're doing then. i recall the lowest spike down was around 21 FPS, and this occurred from the floor level going up up the ramps. I thought it might me polys/nodes causing the lag spikes, but p/n measured pretty low. So that usually means misbehaving (or too many) dynamic lighting effects or surface settings like HSD being used. So after tampered with the settings in the room and rebuilding - i found the lowest spike after my hack was 34 FPS in the same circumstances/location (with 3 or 4 bots on the floor and shooting monsters), which was a gain of around 10-15 FPS, hence I thought I should let you know. Dunno what else to tell you - every little bit of optimization helps with these things (usually).

Actually, maybe it's your spawning/timing? I've been having to adjust this stuff in my MH map because it causes sudden lags when too many monsters are spawned at the same time... For example, having a switch trigger 4 factories that start at the same time might hurt, but having slight delays between each factory call seems to negate any sudden slow down... or so it seems :)

Anyways, I found overall the map had good enough FR (for my system)

Some of the MH maps I played lately had worse FR than yours...

Cheers
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I can say 100% sure that, that stupid large big ramp brush I made was bogging it down bigtime. In other words it had a huge effect right away, from when I looked at FPS before. I did do a few other things. You will see on the last version, but there still is slow spots that I am not going to mess with in a few other rooms.

Still have a few details, the Nali, I just need to readjust the patrol tags to keep him from walking across the control panal.

Still have some weird thing going on with the last room,
I added a few more sounds here and there.
I went back to the alarm points not having a next alarm, and I put back so they all have the same tag. Be it right or wrong it worked like sheet doing it the correct way. Among a pile of other things.

but right now I am still testing with one bot. Even though it can still not work depending on fate, more or less, but need to get past this one last glitch. I am being a little picky testing with one bot, it is a lot for it to do. However even though with more bots playing and changes the outcome to end the map. Each bot will still have the same basic pathing glitch as if it was one bot.
Then after all that, things can happen to mess up the bots making it to the end, from the way I am doing this.

I just have to see that (or fix) I know the type of snag I am concerned with, or not concerned with.

For instance a Warlord corpse had enough collision to make the bot continuously jump on top of a teleporter that is in water. Since those corpse never disappear.

Another time the damn thing was running into me, at the start. I am not concerned with those glitches
But on this glitch I need to get the one bot to explore the last room going back to the one of the corners.

On the second map things will be much easier since I am only going to have "a path" for pawns.

I will include the large UTtech 4 file in the zip this time,

almost done.
Binary Space Partitioning
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Red_Fist wrote:Still have a few details, the Nali, I just need to readjust the patrol tags to keep him from walking across the control panal.
Why not code a custom path type that blocks itself when a Nali queries it?
I can always lay my hands on the map if you need a bunch of fixes...
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote:For instance a Warlord corpse had enough collision to make the bot continuously jump on top of a teleporter that is in water. Since those corpse never disappear.
Not entirely true:
-a redeemer will get rid of the corpse
-8 shots of all rockets from a rocket launcher will get rid of that corpse
-about 9 shots from the flak cannon
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Higor wrote:
Red_Fist wrote:Still have a few details, the Nali, I just need to readjust the patrol tags to keep him from walking across the control panal.
Why not code a custom path type that blocks itself when a Nali queries it?
I can always lay my hands on the map if you need a bunch of fixes...
It is not a problem, very tiny patrol, but I am using the same patrol for skaarj in the control room by the start area that get fried by a pressure zone first. Then the Nali move in since the skaarj are now out of the way. The only common animation is "Breath" but I fooled around and messed up the order and gets confusing between the skaarj orders, nali orders, order tags, next patrol tags, but yet different for each pawn. so they share the patrol points without adding even more paths. I am sure the map has too many paths, but it's is going to stay like that, and much less paths thanks to you :thuup:

I will tell you what I "we" really need.

A stock exact Test_Bot that it's health stays at 100, with nothing else changed. Maybe I should have asked if there was a way to just use the console. And is there a way to change the bot skill level in the console ?

It has to be a stock bot so it acts as the reference bot, the exact same code, other than the health amount and invincibility.

This might seem stupid but, I wish Ued had a red light that glows, if no other button or mouse was touched or clicked right after the build is done. The indicator goes out if you did click anything. Because I hit build, leave the computer, come back later, and I can't remember if I hit build or not. It would be more help than one may think. I know I can check the map, but I also don't want to remember what I did, but only see a quick light, if I last hit the build button, or not.

I got a pretty good result last night for the one bot testing. Without using a bunch of alarms, to have a more natural acting Gasbag, it is unreasonable to expect one bot to catch all 64 Gasbags every time. And is also difficult to kill ALL the ramp pawns for one bot, it does pretty damn good though. So a couple of more runs and a play-through and that's it for this map, what ever is wrong is going to stay wrong.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Put this on a TXT file and do: EXEC HAX.txt

Summon SuperShockRifle
Set MonsterHunt DefaultWeapon SuperShockRifle
AddBotNamed Tamerlane
Set Bot ReducedDamageType All
Set Bot FavoriteWeapon SuperShockRifle
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Just a tiny idea with high consequences.

Bot races to waypoint. When reach into a range for a custom NavigationPoint simply lock path to waypoint and set a monster with certain Tag as enemy - fool even with LastAttractCheck. Result: Bot runs like a blind dumbass until get caught in range and suddenly fight with full power with any pawn "marked". What else can be more beautiful ?
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

i think you did a commendable job on this map Red_Fist - you have put waaaay more effort into Bot-support than anybody else for MH, at least from what I've seen...
let the players have it now - sit back and have a beer :tu:
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

FraGnBraG wrote:i think you did a commendable job on this map Red_Fist - you have put waaaay more effort into Bot-support than anybody else for MH, at least from what I've seen...
let the players have it now - sit back and have a beer :tu:
Thanks, it was a ton of work, too many variables while babysitting stupid computer bots and pawns.

Well this is it for me, the download is in the first post, and in this post.
Same map, but improved slightly, too many things to list, but should act or work almost the same as the old version, delete the old version.

I had to right click the file icon they show and hit download, it wouldn't work by clicking on the icon.
Download.
https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=07A ... 83edTf6Sg4

Thanks eveilgrins for the screen shots and the review. You might want to re-take a few screenshots since I changed it a tiny bit, might look different but close.

Any other map glitches or problems will have to stay that way, I am pretty sure I fixed that one crash, or unless there is a huge crash or download problem.

Play with 15 bots, type in, slomo 10, and be in god mode, order them all to "freelance", hit Hit the F5 key and watch. My last tests the bots are on "Adept" difficulty, and it runs for about 6 minutes if things went well. I will assume that would mean an hour at regular game speed, or slomo 1. All we need is that test bot I mentioned earlier, and doing this testing would be super mega help, while using one bot for watching. Even on slomo 10 it is tedious. (I don't want to use temp player starts)

(Waiting for FnB MH map(s) now lol, take your time man) :twisted:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Re: Test my MH map, DONE, made for bots.

Post by EvilGrins »

Not to kick a dead horse...
...so I hit it.

Any further work being done on this? Way the conversation was going, I expected to hear about another release.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I think I said I was doing another., a lot was done, still working on it.

Had some minor problems with the map, not bad still working on it.

It's more spam-goal type map than SP.
Last edited by Red_Fist on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Sorry for warming up this, but while doing some server side modifications for this nice map (exchanging that 5k damage Bolt with Rockets) I noticed that secret area below the stairway. But the map has no Dispersion Pistol to unlock it. Is that intended? (I'm referring to the version at Medor's place.)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Barbie wrote:Sorry for warming up this, but while doing some server side modifications for this nice map (exchanging that 5k damage Bolt with Rockets) I noticed that secret area below the stairway. But the map has no Dispersion Pistol to unlock it. Is that intended? (I'm referring to the version at Medor's place.)

It's a rather convoluted secret,yes there is a dispersion pistol to be gotten. I might have made it too hard.

I can PM you , I hid some things so you can't find it easily in the editor as well.

Let me know if the map functions properly online, I would be grateful. (I will trade the test for the secret lolzzz)