Test my MH map, DONE, made for bots.

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Test my MH map, done. made for bots.

Post by sektor2111 »

Since I was confused a bit at a moment I don't get what's the deal with lasts doors :noidea
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

I remember a while ago there was a partially completed mod which allowed for in-map computer consoles which could be used to access/store inventory (items) as well as open doors or trigger events.

shame that it never was completed as it added a kind of adventure aspect to the engine.

perhaps Higor could add something like this for us one day :)
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

sektor2111 wrote:Since I was confused a bit at a moment I don't get what's the deal with lasts doors :noidea
You mean the two pillars blocking the exit ?

I made it so the bots can't exit by themselves until a human player comes along.
It is a slight puzzle to open the pillars but not real hard to solve, a hint would be I set a trigger to "shoot" it's quite obvious, well to me it is loL.
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I'll try and give it a lookover tonight, game pics in Screenshots for Fun thread, reviews in this one.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

EvilGrins wrote:I'll try and give it a lookover tonight, game pics in Screenshots for Fun thread, reviews in this one.
Oh all the textures are now 256 by 256 or less, so I hope it works for you, unlike the last time you tried it.

It's not really a spectacular map, but was more a thing to do for me, just don't push the red button (if you find it), haha.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

You spoke before about Bot issues. I noticed too much load at a moment I saw 2 closer nodes. Even if you noticed issues, I was playing truly nice with Bots. Simply they leaded action with a single exception happening once: Were pissed off by a BiterFishSchool... else one of them tracked me outside the water... meh, that pawn is crap. I have to find a solution to get rid of it if will mess up Bot. MH 5.04 is not for run and gun as MH 5.03, if bot will get pissed off by some "creature" will attack with all ammo available. By default is not in inventory as target but that thing seems to mock player, and Bot smells that as threat.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

okay ready to go ...

two things first:

this is quite a size difference (?):
mh-electrolyte_utx_prob1.jpg
mh-electrolyte_utx_prob1.jpg (57.37 KiB) Viewed 2377 times
and

from the read me:
"Made by Higor, (UT99.org) a spwanpoint that Does Not create paths. Use the "Keypoint_SpawnPoint" along with the "KeypointCreatureFactory". It still needs the directional set to true, and also raised off the floor a little more but it cuts down on botpaths since it is not a navigation point. Thanks Higor "

Higor, can I use these actors in my maps please - i really need them since MH Orions Curse botpath network is way too complex... Please ????
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Hmm it might be some hi res thing ?, I dunno man, I have had the same UTtech4 file for years. I hope it's not a problem.

Try both and tell me what happens. thanks.............
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

Red_Fist wrote:Hmm it might be some hi res thing ?, I dunno man, I have had the same UTtech4 file for years. I hope it's not a problem.

Try both and tell me what happens. thanks.............
here's the contents of each - i think i have the original, actually...

i acquired it from maps that were built for a UP Contest - iirc the 12hour "navy" contest

UTTech4 - Small UTX (as in Red_Fist map):
uttech4-small1.jpg
UTTech4 - Large UTX (very many more realism textures):
When I map with this one I always mylevel this utx so to keep just what i use in the map)
uttech4-large1.jpg
-----------------------------------
Okay now onto your MH map - Quite a lot of "map" in this map, well done too :D I like the button push panels - i think various other plain buttons should be styled something like these... The wood barrels don't fit the tech
I played two 1 hour matches "single player", and didn't finish either one. First one I ran out of time hunting one remaining gasbag, second match I got about halfway up the ramps in the big pillar room... quite a good match, things seem well balanced - I noticed a few "quake-isms" in there - a nod to your roots, eh? The acid trap - very well done... I had a helluva time years ago trying to do the same sort of thing in ut2004, even with some very expert assistance couldn't do it... well, that was ut2004, not ut99 - you seem to have nailed it here - gj :tu:

I'll see if i can get to the end with the help of some bots next :)

Here's a few things:

Hommy near the start spawn:
Shot0064.jpg
Notice the Framerate - what's up? dives down here - might be lighting? shadow detail? dunno
Shot0072.jpg
Just a few other notes -

Well you give a lot of sniper ammo through the map but where's the rifle? lol - i think if you have snipers in there (as in the pillar room) then at least please give me a sniper rifle so i can fight them properly (grrrr) it's really hard to hit those guys with a shock from the floor at that range
(which is my only option!!!) Turns out I did snag a sniper rifle later when up on the higher ramps, but by then it was no help, lol!!! maybe i just missed the placement somewhere ?

One other thing - dunno what you can do about this but i cleared a room, then suddenly i had three titans spawn right on top of me (one was standing on me!!!!) Maybe they can spawn just inside those opened-up hallways at the sides ?
that's it for now - I'll report some more in a bit :)
Good Job man :rock:
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Well the HOM was that first link-map, if you see that non working lift in the large room, delete that map and get the other one. all I did was copy those brushes from an SP version, and pasted in there and aligned a little bit. BOOM is caused the HOM right in the beginning :mad2: . so just trash that map and get the one with the new link.

The sniper you can get in the room the skaarj has locked up and the redeemer and the supershock with a little work, the secret MIGHT be hard but it's supposed to be a little hard to solve. As for the ammo I was thinking it was for the enforcer, dumb mistake there, get confused never thought to even think about it. But you can't get in that room anyway until you can enter the end large room.

All the weapons are in the large room, the main reason the sniper is way in the back was to force people to fight the little skaarj and for bots to roam back that way and around the edges of the room. Yes those snipers I wanted to make them even worse if it was possible without changing the projectile for unfair damage. I am using distance view triggers.

As for the Titan, don't stand there LoL. That's the type of thing (the mapper) would never run into.

The barrels I only added in case some mod can make enemies spawn from them, like AKcoop does, and I didn't want to make a creature factory for each breakable deco.

I read that the UTtech4 came from Infiltration maps, I have had that on my drive for 50 years, so I never thought about it being a non-stock texture. :noidea

You should do a few MH maps, it's fun, the theme is either super high pawn health and shoot for hours, or so many enemies you shoot for hours, or super huge massive things you run for an hour, and really poorly made maps with random textures.

But I think take some of each of that, and some SP ideas, and some goofy pawns or ridiculous section and kind of make a blend of all that. Not too spammy, not to boring shooting at one boss, and maybe one large area, and since you can make better looking maps just get that done and turn it into an MH of some type.

I tried to get all those MH themes into the map, but not so insane like ones I played online.

The other trick is, you have to consider if 10 were playing or just one, not too hard but not so easy they get through in 30 seconds. Enough weapons, but not so many to make it a little harder in the beginning, and increase the ammo and guns along the way with harder enemies or longer playing near the end of the map.
On the other hand like a SP map for one player you don't want to make it too long, it's a hard thing to do to get that balance.

Yep just seen your screenshot, that lift caused the HOM in the start room, so the good map has no lift and no HOM, you downloaded it so dang quick and I didn't test the dang thing, stupid BSP aaaaarg. the lift was not supposed to work so I just took it out rather than trying to fix things it was a last minute thing.

for me on this was mainly to try and get the bots to work as humans I call it AAI, Artificial, artificial intelligence :loool:

OH do both UTX files work ?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Red_Fist wrote:You should do a few MH maps, it's fun, the theme is either super high pawn health and shoot for hours, or so many enemies you shoot for hours, or super huge massive things you run for an hour, and really poorly made maps with random textures.
I had that stuff before to wipe it out... They won't step ever again into my HDD.

Considering that custom stuff, Bot Pathing, map theme, tricky deals, I just have a "Problem": I'll claim you... A MH MAPPER. When I'm saying this I'm absolute serious - it is a work complete.
I was testing it using 2 additional tools (not regens) just have ammo spawning often to load "hunters", a dispersion charged well, tiny tweaks against SP errors, nothing special. It simply worked like a charm, at a moment I got lost Bots being too far and dominating the hunt. Verboser reported a few tweaks but nothing really harmful solved, just common modifications. I have to see it how works ON-Line server based.

Edit: Server related stuff
Number 1) redirect

Code: Select all

Log: Compressing c:\ServersUT\MH\Maps\MH-Electrolyte.unr (11190899 bytes)
Log: stage 0: 0.985115 secs
Log: stage 1: 2415.133885 secs
Log: stage 2: 0.640149 secs
Log: stage 3: 1.155575 secs
Log: Total: 2417.914551 secs
Log: Compressed c:\ServersUT\MH\Maps\MH-Electrolyte.unr -> c:\ServersUT\MH\Maps\MH-Electrolyte.unr.uz (22%)
Wierd compressing time...
Number 2) Game-log

Code: Select all

ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover16
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover67
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover47
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover48
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover20
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover11
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover28
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover14
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover75
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover39
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover80
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover82
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover84
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover72
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover78
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover43
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover76
Log: SkaarjAssassin5 fell out of the world!
Did you really need these GRAB-s? Probably I can open lasts columns without to be so tricky?
Last edited by sektor2111 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

There is still a problem on the second to the last side pillar on the ramps. The Behemoth Brute gets stuck and collect at that spot and pisses me off because they never used to get stuck there. I should have never made those pillars dig into and overlap the ramp space.
The only other simple solution would be to make the spawn interval longer so they don't get clogged up. Really makes me mad now that I uploaded the map because the whole goal was geared for bots to make it to the exit.
They might not get stuck every time but they seem to be getting stuck more now for some damn reason, they have a larger collision radius.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

You can always ping-pong the map back at me if there's something that looks unfixable.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

The grab has nothing to do with me, but I just checked the movers in question and those are the waypoints so when the bot hits it, it causes the mover to work (the buttons) That must be the way the guy (Shrimp ?) wrote the code to work.

I could change the exit a little bit, but I wanted a human player to be forced up there for the exit, it didn't really need the shoot part but I figure a last minute puzzle.

So long as it don't crash and all works the same as offline, is all I am worried about I did some funky things in there with propertychanger actors.

@Higor
FnB wants to use your spawnpoints if you didn't see the post.

No fixes that I can't do, thought I had it all right for those ramps-pawns. it's right on the edge for those Behemoth, I just want it to work 99.999% of the time and I know why they get stuck. :mad2:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

As far as the map goes, it's great! Good playability, easy to tell where to go, bot pathing was great.
Dunno why you put the ".unr" in the selection window... but no big deal.

Mostly it was possible typos kept grabbing me:
I'm not sure if you meant "level" and that was a typo. Map has plenty of levers on it, but I dunno.

This was definitely a typo:
The 'D' & 'S' are really close on the keyboard.

I played the map the 1st time with me and 4 bots, missed the part on 12 players; took about 40 minutes. Then I tried it with me and 12 bots, everybody got in each other's way... and same amount of time.

Then I tried it was just bots. Let that run about an hour but they only got as far as the ramps but never went up.

Good map. I liked when, on the ramps, if one of the monsters for that set fell over the edge the bots backing me would chase it all the way to the bottom to get the next level of pillars open.

Screenshots in the "for Fun" thread probably tomorrow, gotta wait so it's not a double post.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758