Help with Nali ?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Help with Nali ?

Post by Red_Fist »

Is there any way to make them not react being afraid ?

This is for MH so I don't really want any .U additions or making a new class, so I want to use only the normal settings.

I got the bots to (sort of) not see them by setting visibility to zero, but lordy be if fly landed on them.
Or will the Nail Priest do something for this PROBLEM. ?
Last edited by Red_Fist on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Binary Space Partitioning
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Help with Nali ?

Post by papercoffee »

Nope, the Nali pawn is always afraid to get hurt. I've never see them react in another way.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I'm not home, so I'm going by memory here, but if you've got a Nali on a map you can go into its individual properties and change its attitude. Every single Unreal creature has a "fearful" attitude as an option, even the Skaarj.

Now, I don't know what would happen if you switched the Nali to aggressive or something, and paper is right about them being a skittish people, but it's worth a try.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

nope the attitude thing don't work, between the bots being hardcoded to hate nail, and the Nali being hardcoded to get freaked out the attitude only works until they get shot.

Well I made things worse somehow, but if the bots get into it with my 10000000 health Nali they just keep fighting and don't even respond to orders. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr stupid Nali AND stupid bots.
I will probably have to limit the Nali, I have 5 now but I think I can get the point across using two and maybe change the place they enter the building.
Right now they enter in the same room of the beginning player starts.

I got an idea, I will just make them go in a room that you can only see them from a window, because I can't fuss around trying to make the bots avoid or fall in love with those nail, it is just messing the map up.
They are outside since the factory got infested, after some areas are cleared I have them enter to "reset" the factory.
So I am going to have to think on what happens for the factory reset, got to have a small earth tremor, and a few other things, all just for fun on that MH map that really is almost done :loool:

I was thinking on making all the lights go out then back on in a second or two, but I would have to tag a huge amount of lights and would probably cause some terrible lag. I will try it once for a test and done quick by selecting all lights. I have no idea how it would act online though. I will think of something.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yay, again madness with Nali. You people cannot understand a few small things:
- MonsterHunt make Bot to hunt Monster without exceptions;
- MonsterHunt make Monster to attack Bot, without exception;
- Monster has a feature to "smell" player. As long as you have some weaponry monster will compare your power with his power called "RelativeStrength". If has fear because you have a rated weapon will debate his fear. Might be OK to have a MakeNaliFriendly to be triggered later different because:
EvilGrins wrote:I'm not home, so I'm going by memory here, but if you've got a Nali on a map you can go into its individual properties and change its attitude. Every single Unreal creature has a "fearful" attitude as an option, even the Skaarj.
MONSTERS when a MonsterHunt match starts are set for hating players. The only way to fear player is lower health (much lower than player) and player armed with a rated weapon, yes in that case monster will want to run away (usually at HomeBase if you heared about that). Nali once scared if MakeNaliFriendly won't help then... stop thinking at It, since the only things for game delivered by Nali are Accessed Nones, it is more than useless in Bot company.
Red_Fist wrote:Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr stupid Nali AND stupid bots.
completed by Stupid MonsterHunt v503 still used useless. If you still don't understand that default MonsterHunt is not SinglePlayer than I'm sorry for your time wasted.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Ok I separated them from the bots so they still have a purpose and you can see them though a window in the control room.

I also learned something, at first I had them going into the map causing problems. I had them going to patrol points. however I did not want the bots to use those as paths. So I set the extra cost to 10000000 worked perfectly fine, the Nali went to the patrol points very good.

Ahh but today after I had them going to the new room, the damn things after being triggered would not budge !!!, Spent all kinds of time trying to sort it out, tags, patrol point tags on and on and on.

But what was happening is, you CAN set the extracost to 10000000 for the exact ordertag of the Nali and works perfect.
but what I had was one patrol point that one Nali went through no problems at all, the others just stayed.

So what is was, was if they have to go Through a patrol point with the extracost set to 10000000 they won't, just a regular path they need to go through to get to their own patrol point ordertag and they won't use the path.

so if you need pawns going to a patrol point, make sure you don't use another ordertag patrol point only used as a path with the extracost set high. Otherwise they will march right to a patrol point even if the extracost is set high so long as all the paths have a low extracost to get to it.

ADD
I didn't think of this, but the one Nali that still worked it went through the patrol point set to a high extracost, BUT, that patrol point was tagged as "nextpatrol" tag. So even if the orders tag is not the one typed into the pawn settings but uses the next patrol of the point they goto first, it will use it only as a path. So those order tags override extracost only for that pawn and only that patrol point node linked as "nextpatrol".
Last edited by Red_Fist on Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Using a High cost Bot might be deviated to an alternate route to never see any Nali letting player to deal with it.

Equation 2) Somehow pointless if map is meant for servers. Example: If in a game are playing 5 players, for sure one of them will be the moron messing up Nali. If a mission objective is linked with that Nali = MAP break, so it needs an alternate solution if case of Nali's death.
Each time when map depends on a monster things needs to be wise computed else...
Hint: Nali operating into a Neutral Zone protected by a glass ?
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

No I got the bots so they don't interfere, a player could mess it up if they shoot the first Nali but it would only stop the storyline and sequence that is not a part of map completion. I used blockplayers so they can't get to them once the first Nali does it's stuff.

On second thought I could prevent player interference if I wanted to, I also set the Nali to 10000000 health, but in this case it won't affect the maps mechanics, it's only the bots that I NEED to control and I have working very good, since they can't make a decision to be a total azzwipe like some punk human player.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote:I had them going to patrol points. however I did not want the bots to use those as paths.
If you can track down Nelsona, he's an old hand at Monster-Pathing. It's different than Bot-Pathing.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

A custom NavigationPoint having SpecialCost called might be another opportunity.
An example can be reverted only for monsters and later triggered to allow free passing completed with a boolean variable bEnabled which can be changed True/False using a trigger (Dispatcher recommended). Here is Bot blocked if has poor stuff, but it might be blocked completely allowing only Monster to pass.

Code: Select all

class InvNode extends PathNode;

var Bot PendingBot;

event int SpecialCost(Pawn Seeker)
{
	local Bot B;

B = Bot(Seeker);
	if ( !Seeker.bIsPlayer ) //Monster Not allowed in this case
		return 100000000;
	if ( B == None ) //Human support for debug
		return 0;
	if ( B != None)
	{
		if ( B.Weapon != None && B.Weapon.AIRating >= 0.7 )
			return 0;
		else
			return 100000000;
	}
	return 100000000;
}

defaultproperties
{
     bStatic=False
     bSpecialCost=True
     bHidden=True
}
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I have it working pretty good. I just needed to add some things to this map so it has a little pizzaz look and feel. Have one more thing to make something(s) happen once the Nali "reset" the factory. And I need add a few more boss type area enemies so the map is a little harder.