MyLevel actor

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
.:AE:.KiLLaH
Novice
Personal rank: RX Community Mapper

MyLevel actor

Post by .:AE:.KiLLaH »

Well, like all of you mappers know, you can make MyLevel packages in your Texture browser for your custom textures instead of making a texture pack for only a few textures. What I'm getting at is, I've been looking into some maps I've got, such as Pistonbowl-Fixed, which includes the weaponremover actor and it is set under a MyLevel package. And you know how you can export those pcx textures to your computer through the texture browser? Is it possible to export or make a new package of an actor which supposely exists in the MyLevel package?
RocketX Community Mapper
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Re: MyLevel actor

Post by GenMoKai »

Well they way how i always MyLevel MyLeveled stuff (not textures) is open the map that has those items, then right mouse button -> Make currect

Then press the "new map" button :) and right mouse button -> put it somewhere :P

if the file is already exist as a file (like iDontKnowTheNameFile.u) you can do obj load file=iDontKnowTheNameFili.u Package=MyLevel
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

So, you want to put a MyLevel textures package as another outside package, so there's a way I always did to do that, and very easy:

When opened the map with the MyLevel package, just go to that texture package in the textures browser, then click the little diskette to save the package and save it as it is.

Then, close the editor, go to your textures folder, and you will find a package: MyLevel.utx, then you just have to rename it to WhateverYouWant.utx.

Then you can open the editor again, load this package (not the map), and you will see all the textures that you had in that MyLevel package. :wink:
Novice

No, Feril, I already know how to do that. I think Gen answered my question. I just have to test it out.
RocketX Community Mapper
Novice

GenMoKai wrote:Well they way how i always MyLevel MyLeveled stuff (not textures) is open the map that has those items, then right mouse button -> Make currect

Then press the "new map" button :) and right mouse button -> put it somewhere :P

if the file is already exist as a file (like iDontKnowTheNameFile.u) you can do obj load file=iDontKnowTheNameFili.u Package=MyLevel
Thanks man. This worked. :wink:
RocketX Community Mapper
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

No problemo ;) just a small advice :)
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Peamole
Average
Personal rank: Dinghy-O-Death Cap'n

Post by Peamole »

Wow! I'll look through all CTF-PistonBowl-Fix-.unr clones. That weaponremover actor must be the key to me preventing players and bots from starting with Enforcer, et cetera without a mod like StuffSwapper. :roll: Thanks a ton! :gj:
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

*Angry Papercoffee noises* :| I think you broke the site's record for biggest necrobump :highfive: Almost 15 years lol
Peamole
Average
Personal rank: Dinghy-O-Death Cap'n

Post by Peamole »

:lol: Haha! No no. This is legit NOT a "necrobump." I even have that same map!
In the strata of awesomeness, this ranks up there with Duke Nukem Forever!
Spoiler
Duke Nukem Forever 2001! 8) Lets rock!
You'll see... Any minute now, or week (sue me; I don't exactly live in UnrealEd2.0)... Don't hold your breath on it!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

*Angry papercoffee sighs*
Peamole wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:30 pm Wow! I'll look through all CTF-PistonBowl-Fix-.unr clones. That weaponremover actor must be the key to me preventing players and bots from starting with Enforcer, et cetera without a mod like StuffSwapper. :roll: Thanks a ton! :gj:
You don't have to praise anyone in a thread so old ...they mostly won't read it.
Except for Feralidragon is no one from this thread active here any more.

Next time I wack you with a ladle.

=CLOSED=