Map request ..

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
~{kRiD}~
Average

Map request ..

Post by ~{kRiD}~ »

I am looking for someone to do a map edit for me of DM-Deck16][ and I would do it myself but I am not a mapper, I'm a coder.. I have all the files needed to do this project, just not the skills =\ Anyways what I would like done is .. I have an edit of the map DM-Deck16][ by nixx, a former pro UT player I use to frag with at #TDMpickups over in IRC! It's the same default map only it has the extended hallway leading from the shock+amp area around to the flak hallway area (under the thigh pads) just like in UT2004 and any newer version of deck.. I want the map retextured with the textures from one map, and another map has the textures I'd like to be used for the slime. If someone would please take the time to make this for me I would be very grateful! It's for a server I plan to host, S3TC compatable, and it's going to host my new mod U.T.E.P! with HD weapon textures and newer animations. The game is old but that doesn't mean we can't make it look nice to keep up with the newer games! UT is by far the best fps game ever born, now we just need to try to modernize the graphics, which I am trying to do! :wink:
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Map request ..

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Welcome to the forums! :thuup:

Hope you'll find a mapper willing to do this (I would if noone else could, but I'm really busy at the moment).

In the mean time... Did you play DM-Deck420][ ? It has the same corridor added and it looks really great too :rock: :
http://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-tourn ... dm-deck420
~{kRiD}~
Average

Post by ~{kRiD}~ »

Well I'm from new to the forums but thanks anyways UG. Yes I am familiar with Deck420 and I also have Deck17 ported from UT20004 (not the version everyone knows of, i had the extra hallway added and a few other small changes and fixes too) but neither are to my preference. Deck17 is but not everyone can play the map due to all the movers I'm guess, makes the map laggy! And I plain just don't like Deck420. This deck I am wanting made will look soo nice with the textures I'm seeing it with!
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

If I understand your request properly you have the map you like but just want it re-textured?

Just open the map in UED and then open the texture package you want and away you go!

I can probably help if you prefer.

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

Yes you are correct! And if you would be willing to show me yeah i'll do it myself. I'm a total UED newb tho. I use it only with a modified ini which makes it easier for me to do the textures for the mod i am currently working on.
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

Your request is easy even for a map making noob like me.
Will PM you.

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Had me thinking of S3TC... smh.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

@Chamberly - What do you mean it had you thinking S3TC? I do use them and it is the entire reason I want the textures replaced! I am going to learn how to make S3TC textures so I can redo all of the ugly textures done on some really nice maps and give them an update they deserve!
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Well you probably know what it is but I hate it!!!
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

Chamberly wrote:Well you probably know what it is but I hate it!!!
Huh?