Is this possible plus map ideas

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Is this possible plus map ideas

Post by sektor2111 »

If you wouldn't be lazy you could see right in this mapping section at "MyLevels helping or bugging" or such, a deal with default camera used even in assault how is triggered and example of a MH map with that functional one for ALL players. Default UT is based on 4 "touchers" will show that old camera trigger-based only to firsts 4 players which are valid touchers, the rest won't see anything. That custom viewer doesn't include any limit and you might see "how to". You can read more information from this forum and you won't get hurt, it's guaranteed.

Hint2: You might also check that custom camera SP based (only 4 people can see it) right in map MH-BukieAntFarm or such, it's a bit messy, and with all attempts (PathNodes very closer to each-other), author failed Bot support as long as Bot is more smarty and knows more about lifts than mappers, LOL. Visit UT-Files.com and download random stuff, you might improve you knowledge from some Levels: cute movers, tweaks, tweaked zones a la "whopushedme" - this inspired me for something at MBot (I could figure exactly what I need for a future modification), and not the last useful thing: HOW to NEVER DO, this will prevent you to fail in any of your work.
Kayako Amaya
Novice

Post by Kayako Amaya »

I'm just wondering, do you have any particular issue with the "huntcamerabeta" that is found in a lot of my maps?

"Huntcamerabeta" is an actor that, despite it's name works for any gametype, it's mylevelled in the following maps of mine: MH-RiseOfEvil, MH-EasterInWonderLand, and MH-LostSouls
While "TMH-RobotFactory" and TMH-USSR_Stroganoff" use the final version of the actor it has more bugs in botmatches than the beta version has.
EasterInWonderLand link here (Requires monsterhunt to load/play)

The features:
When triggered it hijacks EVERY player's camera for a set amount of time, forcing them to view from said spot.
Makes players unable to move during the transition.
Allows you to add special screen overlays and subtitles using the "HuntDialogue" actor

Difference between the Beta and final version:
Final version makes players immune to being attacked during the scene.
-Sadly bugs up and removes bot collision with enemies/projectiles after the scene is over.

You can attach the Huntcamera to attachmovers if you want the camera to pan/zoom in (here's a tutorial I wrote some time ago)
It can be found in this thread if you scroll down a little

If any issues arise (Black screen or crashes when the actor is triggered) Download this texture and import it into "MyLevel" overwriting the existing one
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

Kayako Amaya wrote:I'm just wondering, do you have any particular issue with the "huntcamerabeta" that is found in a lot of my maps?

The features:
When triggered it hijacks EVERY player's camera for a set amount of time, forcing them to view from said spot.
Allows you to add special screen overlays and subtitles using the "HuntDialogue" actor
Not sure how I missed that?!
Just loaded up your Easter map and then tested the huntcamera on another map. WORKS PERFECTLY! Big thank you! :tu:
Kayako Amaya wrote:
You can attach the Huntcamera to attachmovers if you want the camera to pan/zoom in (here's a tutorial I wrote some time ago)
It can be found in this thread if you scroll down a little

If any issues arise (Black screen or crashes when the actor is triggered) Download this texture and import it into "MyLevel" overwriting the existing one
Brilliant! Thank you again.

sektor2111 wrote:
If you wouldn't be lazy you could see right in this mapping section at "MyLevels helping or bugging" or such, a deal with default camera used even in assault how is triggered and example of a MH map with that functional one for ALL players. Default UT is based on 4 "touchers" will show that old camera trigger-based only to firsts 4 players which are valid touchers, the rest won't see anything. That custom viewer doesn't include any limit and you might see "how to". You can read more information from this forum and you won't get hurt, it's guaranteed.
Thanks so much :confused2:
sektor2111 wrote:
Hint2: You might also check that custom camera SP based (only 4 people can see it) right in map MH-BukieAntFarm or such, it's a bit messy, and with all attempts (PathNodes very closer to each-other), author failed Bot support as long as Bot is more smarty and knows more about lifts than mappers, LOL. Visit UT-Files.com and download random stuff, you might improve you knowledge from some Levels: cute movers, tweaks, tweaked zones a la "whopushedme" - this inspired me for something at MBot (I could figure exactly what I need for a future modification), and not the last useful thing: HOW to NEVER DO, this will prevent you to fail in any of your work.
Thanks again........... :thuup:

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Kayako Amaya wrote:When triggered it hijacks EVERY player's camera for a set amount of time, forcing them to view from said spot.
Sure... except Bot which is moving properly and during this time when you are frozen any monster around will happily kill you as long as you cannot evade out of view if you really need that.
For these reasons I was following a simple way: You look through camera and if something hit you you might press Num 1 or F5 or whatever behindview key switching camera on a team-mate and immediately on your self view-spot in order to fight with the threat. Also you can dodge, jump, without freezing movement. A player complained because he was killed during CamView featured trigger - and telling you the truth I have removed all of them as long as several meshes there were changed to spam lines with animations missing.

Nothing triggered a couple of questions for you why weren't added such things in 100 maps ? Eh ? Those bugs aren't changed because is year 2015 - it's the same script :loool: and the same setup.
Never mind keep going, ignore me.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kayako Amaya
Novice

Post by Kayako Amaya »

Actually, it -should- also lock bots into place, however it doesn't prevent them from shooting at you if there is a line of sight between you and them, yes, that is an issue, maybe someone like
JackGriffin or Higor could look into this problem? I would... probably fail hard at it.