Multiple skyboxes

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Re: Multiple skyboxes

Post by Loose Cannon »

That did the trick ED!!! I didn't compile the new actor. Only a slight problem now. My first skybox is a scenic view and it has now shifted in its perspective. Meaning when you look out the window, the scene is super close instead of off in the distance more....hope I dont have to move the skybox further away to achieve more distance from the window as that would be a bit tedious.

Anyway, thanks a ton!
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

That's great to hear!
Loose Cannon wrote:Meaning when you look out the window, the scene is super close instead of off in the distance more...
This depends entirely on the (Multi)SkyZoneInfo. It's best to have it selected while looking at the respective fake backdrop and being in the Realtime Preview (leftmost icon of the viewports). When you move the actor, you can then immediately see the changes from a player's perspective.
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Post by Loose Cannon »

Ahhhhhh BINGO!! Moving the new actor around worked!!!! Thanks for all your help Editor Dave and for dropping some good knowledge on me!!! :gj: :tu:
Ozma777
Average

Post by Ozma777 »

Ancient post but I took a look at CTF-BT-CXIsland-v2 in order to do 3 skies for my BT map CTF-BT-Duel (a red sky, blue sky, and a purple sky for when both teams are in the same room together).

In the case you are looking for, set a zone portal in the floor and a multiskyzone actor (from CX-island) below it with the lower skyzoneinfo in that actor's field (probably skyzoneinfo0) and a zone portal in the ceiling with a second multiskyzone above it and the skyzoneinfo field will (probably) be skyzoneinfo1. Then do a regular Zoneinfo for the playing field, blockall or invisible collision hull the floor part (so you don't fall in) and do NOT have reflective surfaces that might reflect BOTH skies or you will have visual errors.

edit: Ah I see it is already solved...nevermind.
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Post by Loose Cannon »

No worries Ozma, I appreciated everyone's input! Best unreal forum for finding solutions. I'm glad people still make maps on the original UT99 (and at least help those of us who try). Everyone here is so knowledgeable and responds so quickly to issues....This place is the BEST!!!!
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I see. I know I did saw a link to a post somewhere that did involve with multiple skyboxes tutorial but must've lost it again. Need to find it but got banned from 1 forum that had the link in it, as it's in the PM and I can't get to it.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?