Critical error when loading Unreal Editor 2.0

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Dale
Novice
Personal rank: Me

Critical error when loading Unreal Editor 2.0

Post by Dale »

For some reason my Editor throws this error at me when I try and fire it up. Any ideas?
General protection fault!

History: UEditorEngine::Init <- InitEngine
lauren
Skilled

Re: Critical error when loading Unreal Editor 2.0

Post by lauren »

what ut version you have ?

Some versions dont run the editor
LT
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Oww that error... it always works reinstal UT :D but im not sure if there is a other solution
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

In resume:

If your version of UT is one of the these next ones, read that and it might be your problem:

v436 - Ued2.0 should work, if it doesn't, it might be your UnrealEd.ini that is kinda messed up, or just install UT all over again.

v451 - Ued2.0 DOES NOT work anyway, it just throws Ued2.0 to garbage.

v451b - It worked for me, but still, it works on some installations, and a there are another ones that don't, so don't install this version if you want to use Ued2.0 with no worries about that.
Dale
Novice
Personal rank: Me

Post by Dale »

Feralidragon wrote:In resume:

If your version of UT is one of the these next ones, read that and it might be your problem:

v436 - Ued2.0 should work, if it doesn't, it might be your UnrealEd.ini that is kinda messed up, or just install UT all over again.

v451b - It worked for me, but still, it works on some installations, and a there are another ones that don't, so don't install this version if you want to use Ued2.0 with no worries about that.
I'm using v451. Just downloaded v451b and by the looks of it, the editor is loading... oooo yeah it's up and working again now. Cheers for the help!! :-)

P.S. Expect a map from me soon. :-)
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Dale wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:In resume:

I'm using v451. Just downloaded v451b and by the looks of it, the editor is loading... oooo yeah it's up and working again now. Cheers for the help!! :-)

P.S. Expect a map from me soon. :-)
I'm glad that you can now make your maps, I will be waiting for a map by made by you :wink:
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Feralidragon wrote:I'm glad that you can now make your maps, I will be waiting for a map by made by you :wink:
You mean WE ! :twisted:
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission