The Terrain Mapping Contest

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Re: The Terrain Mapping Contest

Post by Hellkeeper »

sektor2111 wrote:Gustavostradamus, interesting way to predict things, the same as at PMH (aka old PlanetMonsterHunt) when was predicted End of World in 2012. Amazingly, that prediction included bugs - Accessed Nones so to speak, and EndOfWorld() returned false due to some dumb stuff which a 14 years old - annoying kid - was posting there. Presuming your prediction is True let me share my thoughts.
Given the age of people having heart-attack in this area and which were dying (teachers, workers, technicians, ect.) some day will be my turn to play Rigor Mortis layed on a wooden coffin awaiting burial or a burn. Then in "state Dead" a real human has more definitions like ignores Pain, Noise, SeenOthers, ect. So I'm guessing I really will not give a sh!t in that moment if Planet Earth will survive or will die or anyone is there to mourn me or to happily laugh, I'm just a part of life cycle and nothing more that a piece of whatever material which will get another form (a carrot maybe :ironic: ). I might want some poison before to die in purpose to kill all worms eating me in the grave.
Now mission will continue to play good UT Levels as long as technology will still be friendly. A thread for recovering stuff lost seems unfriendly, there are a couple of still NOOBS after years which are seriously disturbed to find their Levels fixed - probably they love trash. Thinking in quality terms would be better to see people doing good things even if they have less experience. Mr. Gustavo6046, I found Levels at Mapraider being Map number 2 or number 1 executed by a random dude (respect) and done well enough for that level of experience, you might also take in account that I have seen some MH types done by an 11 years old kid. You can forget too much life concerns and go to do something which I want to use - not bad clones of existent stuff - some tiny thing given your extended programming hobby.
Honestly, I didn't understand half of this.
You must construct additional pylons.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Hellkeeper wrote: Honestly, I didn't understand half of this.
The important is that I did! 8) note: because I was his target

Go study more in university :)
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Hellkeeper wrote:Honestly, I didn't understand half of this.
It's nothing special for record just a soup combining coding with real-life (death as well) little screwed.
However Mr. Gustavo you could participate at contest with that "Tilde" map mirrored (to gain a bigger size) + a couple of small adds and... voila, would be a better level than any DM-Scar and/or similar. Eheh, so you can do something. The "jumpy" code above I'm not bother to check it because for me it doesn't looks functional. Do have you checked it?
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

sektor2111 wrote:
Hellkeeper wrote:Honestly, I didn't understand half of this.
It's nothing special for record just a soup combining coding with real-life (death as well) little screwed.
However Mr. Gustavo you could participate at contest with that "Tilde" map mirrored (to gain a bigger size) + a couple of small adds and... voila, would be a better level than any DM-Scar and/or similar. Eheh, so you can do something. The "jumpy" code above I'm not bother to check it because for me it doesn't looks functional. Do have you checked it?

I have checked it and it haven't worked, but maybe because the bots didn't see the flak cannon. See if it works under normal conditions, in a normal map, instead of a untextured test map with a flak cannon hidden deep above a ledge.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Ozma777
Average

Post by Ozma777 »

Damn I missed the terrain mapping contest?
Do another please, I love making terrains:
DM-XC-Ozma777 (should have made it DOM)
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Do you have a good reason for bumping these necrotic threads ?
It looks like you were missing after all. Why would be needed another such contest ? I see that you are not here too often. IT'S YOUR loss.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Guess there was no other (more civilized) way to tell him about this.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

makemeunreal wrote:Guess there was no other (more civilized) way to tell him about this.
IT'S VERY civilized to read rules and coming often in forum rather than ooops, I missed this contest, because at such often visits for sure he will miss others as well - I'll bet on this. Aside, what exactly is your problem toward rules ? If you have some complain, do tell to staff about necrotic bumping problem for no constructive reason. I see that you have problems with rules generally... you are probably out of knowledge that in some forums useless spamming might be heading to a BAN, not every place is friendly at this point.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

This guy wants to make maps. Maps that would potentially extend the life of the game...
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

makemeunreal wrote:Guess there was no other (more civilized) way to tell him about this.
It's just good ol'Sektor being Sektor. :lol2:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Maybe you need a reminder about that Off-Topic spam cascade and who did it ? Aha it was a civilized thing, right ? I'm sorry for my miss-understanding of civilized terms then.

@Ozma:
You are free to do a map with terrain theme and post it even these days. What is the problem ? Another dude was posting a map after 512k contest and it was a good one (too big for contest but a nice and well done one) and was a welcomed thing.