Animation Sequence Question

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
KingJosh
Skilled

Animation Sequence Question

Post by KingJosh »

hi all

i have a question about how to add a mesh to map that will always be playing an animation, for example I want this mech suit to be always marching in place with its walk animation. I have added an image below. Im not sure what the items mean in the display properties : AnimSequence, AnimRate, and AnimFrame. Judging by the screenshot below which number should be entered into each of those fields? I just want the "MoleM" mesh to be added to the map and always use the walk animation (even if its just sitting there undisturbed I want it marching in place)
question.png
UTX
Skilled

Re: Animation Sequence Question

Post by UTX »

From what I remember, AnimSequence is the name of the animation, those words that appear in the mesh viewer; AnimRate is the speed at which the animation plays, so 1.0 should be normal speed; AnimFrame is at which rate the animation starts, I think that should be zero or leave it alone. I think there's another one to set the animation to loop, check the other settings.
sn260591
Average

Post by sn260591 »

You must use UScript

Code: Select all

function PostBeginPlay()
{
	LoopAnim('Walk', 1.0);
}
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Always nice to see somebody using the ol' Team Orbit mechs...
Spoiler
...but why do you want it walking even when it's not doing anything? Even if it's just a pickup (walk into so you can drive the thing) wouldn't the constant walking motion possibly distract and, however slightly, eat up tiny bits of unnecessary memory?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758