The Platform from DM-SpaceNoxx cannot be subtracted.

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

The Platform from DM-SpaceNoxx cannot be subtracted.

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Why can't you subtract a brush to the Base platform from DM-SpaceNoxx?
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: The Platform from DM-SpaceNoxx cannot be subtracted.

Post by Red_Fist »

Looks like it's all semisolid brushes.

Change all the brushes to solid (blue) see what happens.

you will probably mess up the map messing with that map. collision and BSP problems.

I would change them to all solid, add brushes, copy them, paste in a second editor box map.

Delete all brushes you copied in the original map, even after converting to add solid brushes first then delete, rebuild, then paste your adds back in.
Binary Space Partitioning
Wormbo
Adept

Post by Wormbo »

Because it's mostly semi-solids. Semi-solid brushes must be last in the brush order and are additive-only. Subtractive brushes must come before semi-solids, but then can't subtract from them anymore.

I admit I don't know why the entire SpaceNoxx platform consists only of semi-solids, but that's the way it is. Try converting all or part of them to solid additive brushes and see what happens. Make sure you select all remaining semi-solid (and non-solid?) brushes and order them last.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Red_Fist wrote:Looks like it's all semisolid brushes.

Change all the brushes to solid (blue) see what happens.

you will probably mess up the map messing with that map. collision and BSP problems.

I would change them to all solid, add brushes, copy them, paste in a second editor box map.

Delete all brushes you copied in the original map, even after converting to add solid brushes first then delete, rebuild, then paste your adds back in.
Wormbo wrote:Because it's mostly semi-solids. Semi-solid brushes must be last in the brush order and are additive-only. Subtractive brushes must come before semi-solids, but then can't subtract from them anymore.

I admit I don't know why the entire SpaceNoxx platform consists only of semi-solids, but that's the way it is. Try converting all or part of them to solid additive brushes and see what happens. Make sure you select all remaining semi-solid (and non-solid?) brushes and order them last.
You're right. Thank you!
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

Wormbo wrote:I admit I don't know why the entire SpaceNoxx platform consists only of semi-solids, but that's the way it is. Try converting all or part of them to solid additive brushes and see what happens. Make sure you select all remaining semi-solid (and non-solid?) brushes and order them last.
The same reason why most of Inoxx' maps are overflowing with Semisolids. I've seen them aplenty with Nexus for example. It's just the way the "crazy Frenchman" was doing mapping.