MH-SpillwayXXL from DM

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: If I remake a DM into MH ?

Post by Red_Fist »

Working on it. the added ship gate goal ,need to add some critters inside the ship, counters etc etc.
Binary Space Partitioning
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Pretty much done, sent to Barbie for a look before I can release it. (need a well rounded MH thinker to test)

I figure MH mutators will mess things up anyway, but I mean I could make a level super hard, but I will leave it to the mutators.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

This might be one of the few DM maps that actually fit well as a MH map... looking forward to the end result Red_Fist :P
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Getting closer, the map -gameplay, is sort of Lackadaisical, but still a fight.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: MH-SpillwayXXL from DM

Post by Red_Fist »

OK

It could be more, or more fighting for MH, not to bad.

I used a block all and property changer, however Barbie tested it for me on his sever, (thank you)
But the new actor don't seem to work online, it might, but not sure.

So what I am going to do is just list this and if anyone wants to make my block alls work would be great.
So I am just going to say this version is for Offline.

Hope it works and looks ok, it was a nice looking map, so I wanted an MH version.

Download

needs a fix, get rid of it if you downloaded it. sorry folks, it never messed up running game through editor before.
Last edited by Red_Fist on Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
SzGergo
Skilled

Post by SzGergo »

Hi, it says to me ' cant find file for package Utech4'
any suggestions?
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

SzGergo wrote:Hi, it says to me ' cant find file for package Utech4'
any suggestions?

Ahhh POOP

damn it. :evil:

it should be findable on the net. I will have to change the zip then.

Forget the PM, I just added the utx to the zip. hope it works, aaaaaarg, the link is changed

MORE problems.

I just ran it, somehow the level screenshot is not there, and I have 3 queens, it never did this before.
Ran it without the editor, 3 queens needs to die, but didn't work, so stupid. so forget this version now, really pisses me off.

Easy fix, deleting link to download,

I never ran just the game but only through the editor, delete if you downloaded, sorry for being sloppy, but the dang thing should work.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

SzGergo wrote:Hi, it says to me ' cant find file for package Utech4'
any suggestions?
Search for all the official bonus-packs it must be part of one of them.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

It better be right, or at least nothing bad.

Added more monster blocks so the warlords can't get out of reach
Moved some spawnpoints
Got screenshot
and other things
Got rid of the 3 queens, stupid things, queens are only good for one spawn they don't move very good for multiple spawns, added 1 stone titan instead, then 1 queen later.

if something is really wrong, someone can fix it.

Download

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=07A ... Hpj4Rag9Ec
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Feed-back a bit, which might involve some mission which still I have to accomplish.

First is map + monster Z axis craps
[attachment=0]Lil_Lost.JPG[/attachment]
I was looking for it and harder I have figured that he just "flew" here. Saved by Bonus Redeemer - In default MH simple would be a break ? BlockAll ? Something ?
Else I have to figure when monster Z axis boost happens and I might rewrite some stuff in pawn (I'm guessing ) else... is nasty - That's why I'm hating open areas, this is not the single MH occurrence.

Other thing was bot being retarded at some ShockCore spots which... breaks default pathing rules according to min. distance between 2 points. Not a big deal in here, but...

My "favorite" chapter remains slants/ramps to walls very seen in this map when bot went retarded multiple times jumping at walls continously - all right, so I have 2 difficult homeworks to do. Probably Bot will be more easy to track by his own external attached brain. But that monster Z velocity gives me headaches... oh, or solution is simple as usual but I'm looking in other direction rather than doing the right thing... Gotta think a bit, this map will be testing environment for solving bugs, it's indeed needed more time to spent for tests/checks.

The rest is... less important message "DIED" in that hole, doesn't have too much interesting meaning "left a small crater" is not a bad default stuff...

Good work so far anyway...
Attachments
Lil_Lost.JPG
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I had a problem with bots getting up in the first area, MAYBE click on show all actors, I got rid of the groups and should have fixed that.

But the bars on the top waterfall area, I increased the collision radius and stopped the bots from getting up there, but I am still not sure.
I never seen what you got there, how the heck that happened I have no idea.

The map is at all-polys not merged, , strange map with that going on.

It don't look that bright on my system.

If that happens I believe the map can't end. :evil:
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Great map, great monster hunt version of it! :tu:
Spoiler
I had no issues while playing this nice map. The monsters are very well placed in there and at all diversified. I loved to play it.
The cracking of the glass panes frightened me. Very good idea how you implemented this.

Only two things I can remark, but in my case no problems:
Right at start I can't see the first sniperskaarj on top of the tower but I saw his rounds falling down. So I catched him anyway.
Also I had to jump over the passage to go to the top of the waterfall. In my case I had double jump so it was not easy but it worked. Without double jump I would not have known how it goes.
EDIT: Now I found the other way instead of jumping at the beginning. Sorry my fault :-)
Last edited by Aldebaran on Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Before waypoint No. 2 there is that message "Kill all Skaarj", oh well, one of them flew upper - I did not see how, but something went bad - Screenshot - I was using an OpenGL driver without too much tuning at settings, just playing on a rig having some NVidia display - no issues at this point. The rest is not bad, maps is correctly set at triggers and game can be ended. But... if you are losing a monster in that way, it won't end, that area cannot be visited in a normal situation. I used admin view - HUD is clean in my MH2 because all player's stuff does errors when you look through a monster.
To summarize, for MH2 types it doesn't very develop flaws, the radar do helps, so I keep it for playing with the rest of Levels.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I put the snipers up there, so you get shot, lolzzzz. and not know where to look at first. a little evil built in.

Well if Barbie needs to overhaul it for online, please do so, wish I had a way to test things on a server.

Just keep in mind it isn't my map, and try to keep it looking the same as the original. :D (even though I added the ship, for MH)
I also added the container movers so if you shoot them they swing a little bit.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Red_Fist wrote:I put the snipers up there, so you get shot, lolzzzz
Great idea, really a challenge I liked...
Red_Fist wrote:I also added the container movers so if you shoot them they swing a little bit.
Yes looks very good :-)