CTF-Torn

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Dale
Novice
Personal rank: Me

CTF-Torn

Post by Dale »

I've pretty much finished it... it's only a very small (near n00b) level... see i'm not good with making maps. I did end up finding a map I released back in 2001 in the other day [Click here for more info on that]. Anyways, CTF-Torn... basically a space based level, the bots on their love it and can find it easy enough to get the flag - so no path noding problems. I was thinking about adding low gravity on it, but I'm not sure. Also remember it's my first map since 2001! So be nice.

Have a look anyways, any suggestions would be cool... I've found no bugs and I think it works fine (well for me it does!) ... it uses the normal texture packs (so no extra addons needed). Give it a go and tell me what you think.

>> CTF-Torn << (Download link underneath the screenshots)

(Oh and if you think it's "ok" but you think some things could be added, then please give me a few tips and I'll try and improve my mapping skills - who knows I might get a map in the Map Pack one day)
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Re: CTF-Torn

Post by Myth »

Well, it's certainly better than the one from 2001. The style of the map isn't bad, but it really lacks detail, and the textures are really repetitive. And next time please add music. Maps whitout music aren't silent, instead the UT-menu music takes over.
I suggest opening an official map you like, and check out how it's made, and which textures and how they are used.
Dale
Novice
Personal rank: Me

Post by Dale »

Myth wrote:Well, it's certainly better than the one from 2001. The style of the map isn't bad, but it really lacks detail, and the textures are really repetitive. And next time please add music. Maps whitout music aren't silent, instead the UT-menu music takes over.
I suggest opening an official map you like, and check out how it's made, and which textures and how they are used.
Ooops.. music - I will add that in when I re-update it. :)

The download link in the first post of this thread has been updated... changed some textures, added music and added some kind of change to the floor. :-)
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Ok, this was better. You should still work a little bit on this. Doesn't look finished. Some parts of the map still aren't detailed enough.
I suggest making a new skybox.
And next time double-check your map, before uploading it after some quick modifications.