Tutorial for rain

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Tutorial for rain

Post by JackGriffin »

Paper, do me a favor please. Ask Ferali if it would be OK for me to rip out the weather stuff from his mod and redo it into something more user-friendly. This mod is great but it needs to be split into two. The weather stuff needs to be it's own thing and made simpler to use. He's got a TON of options in this thing but it's very confusing. I'd like to make it simpler and easier to drop into a map and use without needing to know the mod's source code.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Gustavo6046 wrote:@LooseCannon: Welcome :) Seems like you occasionally double-post. You could stop that and keep a better quality merging both posts. :) Actually ask moderators to do it, normal users like us can't do it.
Yes normal users can re-edit their posts, or you would not be able to update original posts with new info or links etc.
Loose Cannon wrote:Ok Gustavo....wasn't aware of that etiquette. I just didn't one post to be too long or excessive. I'll adjust :D
That will be because you did not read the site rules.
See the fist link in my sig and click there.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Dr.Flay wrote: See the fist link in my sig
Freudian slip? :loool:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

Dr.Flay wrote:Does Daewon's DynamicWater include rain ? I can't remember, and the video is now gone :(
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4816
nope, the video is still alive ! :mrgreen:
you know, I'm a collector...

[youtube]-LqfyG7E1_4[/youtube]
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote:Paper, do me a favor please. Ask Ferali if it would be OK for me to rip out the weather stuff from his mod and redo it into something more user-friendly. This mod is great but it needs to be split into two. The weather stuff needs to be it's own thing and made simpler to use. He's got a TON of options in this thing but it's very confusing. I'd like to make it simpler and easier to drop into a map and use without needing to know the mod's source code.
Ferali wrote:Short version: Yes, he can do whatever he wants to do.

Longer version: To be clear, everything in this page: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5638
can be changed, torn apart, ripped from, used in any way anyone wants, and the source of that mod is there as well.

The only thing I ask to anyone who does so: create your own package name (even the addition of a prefix or suffix is enough).
UT's package manager is one of the worst things ever made, since Epic probably thought modders were these perfect beings and therefore mods would come out working 100% on the first release, so they never added a way of versioning the packages themselves and update them automatically (that's why I only made 2 major releases of NW3 instead of iterating and making smaller more frequent releases), therefore if someone just recompiles the source with some changes and releases it, server owners will hate you and rightfully so (or in a twist turn of the events hate who did the original package for some reason).
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Post by Loose Cannon »

I found the mod for dynamic water and put the dynamicwater.u file in my system folder, but I'm not sure how to apply it to make the water move?