Custom announcer messages?

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Custom announcer messages?

Post by Pileyrei »

Is it possible to create your own custom announcement using the unreal announcer voice?

:noidea

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Custom announcer messages?

Post by papercoffee »

Pileyrei wrote:Is it possible to create your own custom announcement using the unreal announcer voice?

Shouldn't this in the Sound section? :wink:

But to answer your question ...Yes it's possible.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5044&p=55018
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4812&p=50679
MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Post by MEAT »

I think what he meant to say was..."I am building this map and is it possible to create your own custom announcement using the unreal announcer voice"?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

MEAT wrote:I think what he meant to say was..."I am building this map and is it possible to create your own custom announcement using the unreal announcer voice"?
Ok this makes more sense now ...but yes even this is possible. MyLevel a announcer mutator and it should work, right?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

papercoffee wrote:
Pileyrei wrote:Is it possible to create your own custom announcement using the unreal announcer voice?

Done!

I remember a DM map that had a few quotes play at the start of the match. Can't remember the name, but the author of the map was 2face

EDIT: found the map, it's DM-Basik and can be found at mapraider.com (could've linked it, but pasting a link on this phone is a real chore)
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

Thanks guys as always :tu:

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

UnrealGGecko wrote:
papercoffee wrote:

Done!

I remember a DM map that had a few quotes play at the start of the match. Can't remember the name, but the author of the map was 2face

EDIT: found the map, it's DM-Basik and can be found at mapraider.com (could've linked it, but pasting a link on this phone is a real chore)
Sorry for an old bump. I downloaded DM-Basik and the sounds that the author created are exactly what I'm after. I have emailed him but am not expecting a reply - plus it appears he speaks only Spanish.
Any idea how to create a custom UT99 sound? For example - "Lets do it" in the voice of the announcer?

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

He didn't create those sounds. Those are ripped from UT2003/4. There's a shit ton of unused sounds like that in the default files. I'm honestly surprised many of them were never grabbed and put into maps. A few of them get really off-color and raw too.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

One of those unused which.. I used at MH2 was "TripleKill" never heard on a default DM.
2_Face
Novice
Personal rank: 2_Face

Post by 2_Face »

Pileyrei wrote:
Sorry for an old bump. I downloaded DM-Basik and the sounds that the author created are exactly what I'm after. I have emailed him but am not expecting a reply - plus it appears he speaks only Spanish.
Any idea how to create a custom UT99 sound? For example - "Lets do it" in the voice of the announcer?
Who said Face doesn't speak English? :loool:
I already answered your mails, I haven't opened UEd2.0 since... don't know.. like 6 years and as JackGriffin said I didn't created those sounds I just exported them from UT2004 and imported them into ut99, I think you have to change the file format but I'm not sure. I've made some very complete tutorials about how to create/export/import custom files for ut99, back in the days, but as I mentioned via mail, the site I posted them (Gamers Mafia) went offline 4-5 years ago.
But I'm sure the more active mappers from ut99.org will help you with that. I remember that it wasn't much of a big deal anyway. And if you search long enough I'm sure you can even find apps that allows you to play almost any sound with ut announcer voice or quake announcer, robot, predator.. or very similar at least.
Nice to see the ut99 community is still active! :gj:
Well, enough with nostalgia gotta go back pretending I'm doing my job!
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

Excellent!

I emailed 2 face after getting his email from the readme of DM-Basik. The read me was in Spanish and so I wanted to avoid assuming he spoke English. Emailed him and he replied! The rest is history :)

Thanks for also posting here again and thanks to the other posters too.

If anyone has a link to other/unused sounds I'd be most grateful. Also, if anyone knows of any voice changer software that can match or come very close to the UT3 or UT99 announcer please also share. :tu:

Thanks
Piley

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

2_Face wrote: I didn't created those sounds I just exported them from UT2004 and imported them into ut99
It's amazing to me that you are one of the very few who have dug deeply into those. Well done, btw.

Pi, you can import 2K4 audio directly into UT99's editor. There's no black magic involved. Do you need the default audio packages? I can send them to you.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

Jack.....

If you could send me the default audio pack that would be amazing.
No rush buddy.

THANK YOU! :highfive:

EDITED: Medor sent me a link for 2k4 sounds so no need to send. Thank you for the offer :)

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!