Small Voicepack request

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
Post Reply
User avatar
UTNerd24
Adept
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:06 am
Personal rank: Amateur

Small Voicepack request

Post by UTNerd24 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:58 am

So I noticed that a Majority of the Skaarj Hybrid's voicelines are simply Male Two's albeit slowed down. Would it be possible to make a voicepack using the same method with Male One?
What I find most intriguing is the fact that, from what I remember, Skaarj Hybrid doesen't actually have its own Uax file, Meaning its most likely Male Two with pitch shifting. But How does that work if the pitch of a voice is usually fixed?
Damn that was fun.

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Re: Small Voicepack request

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:04 pm

I gave up using VoiceMaleOne script since it was limited on taunt slots which would be ideal for your small request. I now use VoiceMaleTwo as a template instead for my voicepacks. As for editing *.wav files I have been using GoldWave for years but you can also use Audacity. Good luck.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 6386
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: Small Voicepack request

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:26 pm

UTNerd24 wrote:Skaarj Hybrid doesen't actually have its own Uax file, Meaning its most likely Male Two with pitch shifting. But How does that work if the pitch of a voice is usually fixed?
Not all voicepacks have a .uax, when they first came out that was the standard but later those that made them (voicers?) started incorporating all the sounds of speech into the .u file.

That's been more or less standard since 2002.
Last edited by EvilGrins on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:

Skellethorn
Novice
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:42 am

Re: Small Voicepack request.

Post by Skellethorn » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:02 am

I can do that in a second, no audio editing at all, it's all done via code, I actually already did that with the Boss voice to have a deeper sounding robot, you can even do the opposite and make them sound like chipmunks. I'll post it next time I come around.

User avatar
UTNerd24
Adept
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:06 am
Personal rank: Amateur

Re: Small Voicepack request.

Post by UTNerd24 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:30 am

Skellethorn wrote:I can do that in a second, no audio editing at all, it's all done via code, I actually already did that with the Boss voice to have a deeper sounding robot, you can even do the opposite and make them sound like chipmunks. I'll post it next time I come around.
Really? Thanks!
Coding is and always will be enigmatic to me... :noidea
Damn that was fun.

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9384
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Contact:

Re: Small Voicepack request.

Post by papercoffee » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:45 am

Skellethorn wrote:I can do that in a second, no audio editing at all, it's all done via code, I actually already did that with the Boss voice to have a deeper sounding robot, you can even do the opposite and make them sound like chipmunks. I'll post it next time I come around.
THIS would be cool ...some more variation of voices would be really great.
(I don't want to have funny voices like Bugs Bunny ...I like the more serious fukked up one like PsychoBoss)

Someone pitched the Boss voice and made female robot voices out of it. I use it and it adds to the variety in the game. :mrgreen:

User avatar
UTNerd24
Adept
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:06 am
Personal rank: Amateur

Re: Small Voicepack request.

Post by UTNerd24 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:58 am

papercoffee wrote: THIS would be cool ...some more variation of voices would be really great.
(I don't want to have funny voices like Bugs Bunny ...I like the more serious fukked up one like PsychoBoss)

Someone pitched the Boss voice and made female robot voices out of it. I use it and it adds to the variety in the game. :mrgreen:
Pretty much this. Variety is a key factor to immersion.

EDIT: Im pretty sure that Female Robot voice was edited externally. As if it were to have its pitch increased using the mentioned codes method, its speed would increase as well Ala the Female Robot voice in UT2004.
Damn that was fun.

Skellethorn
Novice
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:42 am

Re: Small Voicepack request

Post by Skellethorn » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:40 pm

So my keyboard died and I couldn't make the files, but check this post I just made, it will teach you how to do this for any voice pack you want to modify: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=11855

Post Reply